Code of Conduct

Default I've heard these fragrances are pretty similar, what do you think?

People have said that Guerlain's L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme EdP and YSL's La Nuit de l'homme are pretty similar.
    No only in terms of smell, but also longevity, projection, sillage, drydown etc?
    What do you think and what do you prefer??
    Cheers

Default Re: I've heard these fragrances are pretty similar, what do you think?

Not to my nose.

I tend to agree with Hednic, they are different enough to justify testing and/or possibly owning them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive94 View Post
    People have said that Guerlain's L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme EdP and YSL's La Nuit de l'homme are pretty similar.
    No only in terms of smell, but also longevity, projection, sillage, drydown etc?
    What do you think and what do you prefer??
    Cheers
    Nah, they're like, wrong. Not really similar in any regard except I'd call them both evening fragrances. I probably like LIDGE more but wear La Nuit more often.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I simply cannot understand who could have come to such a conclusion. Both fragrances are very good, but worlds apart.

Whomever said they are similar, has a broken nose. The only similarity they have, is they are both fragrances.

No, anyway I can imagine they are the same!

Blog Entries

I agree with others -- nothing similar between the two. I prefer L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme over La Nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive94 View Post
    Don't ever take fragrance advice from them again.

Nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Don't ever take fragrance advice from them again.
    THIS.

In the same way that it's good to know who to take advice from, it's equally good to know who to NOT take advice from. Whoever thought these smell similar probably doesn't have a very good sense of smell.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)