Code of Conduct

Default Questions about Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

OK, I just wore my sample of Chanel Sport Extreme for the first time today. IMO, it really is just another lame fruity tonka bean scent. However, I've noticed many reviewers, especially on Youtube, that seem to think this one smells alot like Chanel Allure Sport. Now c'mon. Is this just a subliminal opinion, where the reviewer is buying into the marketing that, in reality, simply isn't there? Or am I correct in my opinion here? People are even saying this is sporty and not suitable for cold weather. Really? If you said that same thing about Armani Code, you'd be laughed out of the fragrance world. I dunno. Maybe I'm off base here, but I don't really think so. I've smelled many similar scents weighed down with tonka bean. It's a nice note, but I think the market is getting a bit tired of new tonka scents. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Questions about Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

I have tried it and to me it smells a bit similar but different enough.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chanel Allure Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Edition Blanche
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
    Chanel Allure Homme Extreme Blanche
    Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme
    Chanel Allure Homme Blanche

They all smell the same to me.

Blog Entries

I don't find AHS and AHS Eau Extreme similar; To my nose, the latter is sweet and balmy (not fruity), and better than the former. One fragrance that reminds me of AHS Extreme is the Code Ultimate by Armani.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I don't find AHS and AHS Eau Extreme similar; To my nose, the latter is sweet and balmy (not fruity), and better than the former. One fragrance that reminds me of AHS Extreme is the Code Ultimate by Armani.
    Exactly. Much prefer the Eau Extreme to AHS.

It took a few wears for me to get to know it, but I really like it and now own it. It's like Chanel took bits and pieces of the other Allures and mixed them together, and this time they finally got it right, to me anyway. I like it better than the others in the line. Not sure about the sporty part, but then terms like that don't mean much to me. I just like the way it smells.

I love love love it!!! It smells like some kind of sweet food to me. It's heavy on the Tonka but in a good way. The first time I tried it from a perfume store,I got a compliment from a lady right after I exited the store. I've never regretted buying a 100ml of that delightful juice. For ur question... I find AHS quite different from the extreme version. The extreme version IMO kind of teeters towards the sexy date kind of frag.

You are 100% right on. It's a tonka mess. I hate it. Wanted to wash it off immediately. Tonka has really worn me out and I'm sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    OK, I just wore my sample of Chanel Sport Extreme for the first time today. IMO, it really is just another lame fruity tonka bean scent. However, I've noticed many reviewers, especially on Youtube, that seem to think this one smells alot like Chanel Allure Sport. Now c'mon. Is this just a subliminal opinion, where the reviewer is buying into the marketing that, in reality, simply isn't there? Or am I correct in my opinion here? People are even saying this is sporty and not suitable for cold weather. Really? If you said that same thing about Armani Code, you'd be laughed out of the fragrance world. I dunno. Maybe I'm off base here, but I don't really think so. I've smelled many similar scents weighed down with tonka bean. It's a nice note, but I think the market is getting a bit tired of new tonka scents. What do you guys think?

The similarity between the two is a bit of a stretch, and they're quite different in spirit. AHSE doesn't strike me as a sport fragrance. I like the original.

I do think there are some similarities, but if you're expecting it to simply be a more intense version of the original, it's definitely not. To me, I feel they found a way to take some of the best parts of the original Allure Homme and Sport and create a better hybrid, so to speak. I personally really enjoy the Extreme version and find it the best of the entire Allure Homme line. On my skin, it develops well, with a balanced freshness (a nice blend of the mandarin & mint), just a hint of spice to keep it interesting and a light & definitely not overly sweet tonka drydown.

While I wouldn't necessarily choose to wear it very hot weather, I think it works just fine for warm, cool and even cold weather. Is it a true "sport" fragrance? Well, I'm not sure how one truly determines that anyway, but I will say that, as someone who is very physically active daily, it has easily become my most worn fragrance for the majority of physical activities and my daily work. It actually performs really well with body heat, bringing out the fresher qualities of the fragrance, so overall I can definitely see how it earns the right to bear "sport" in the name. It's also one of the more versatile fragrances I own, as in addition to active wear, I feel I could wear it for just about anything or to anywhere. I'm not saying it's my overall favorite fragrance, but it definitely gets a ton of play in my rotation.

To a girl's nose who is not familiar with fragrances, they will all smell the same
    To a more experienced frag head, you will notice the difference

It all depends who you wear it for..yourself or for others

I like Allure Homme Sport the most; however, it can become really powerful and cloying at times. I choked myself out at school the other day. I did one spray to the front of the neck (big mistake) as it was windy and just going straight to my nostrils.
    If you've ever had Armani Code shampoo...smells exactly like it
    Extreme is just tuned up and less refined version in my opinion...rather poor

It has a Le Male vibe to my nose.

Agree with Chuck about the tonka. Smells more like Allure Homme Edition Menthe. There's a point in the heart which I love. You can still smell the mint and the tonka which creates a Girlscout cookie Thinmint. Once the mint goes by by it becomes the tonka bomb that Chuck mentioned. I wouldn't pay anywhere close to $80 for this.

^^^ I never get this "tonka bomb" many of you speak of. For me, the heart you describe is what I get for much of the duration. The mint dies down quite a few hours in, and then it's a pretty soft/light tonka for me, with a backing of some light/powdery freshness. I had no problem paying retail for the 100 ml for this one. Would I have preferred to get it cheaper, of course...that goes for pretty much everything...but, Chanel is rarely found discounted. Plus, it's a workhorse frag for me, so it earns it.

To each their own, though....I have no difficulty seeing why it just wouldn't work for many people or why they wouldn't like it. Honestly, it kind of surprised me that I like it as much as I do...something about it just works right on my skin and ticks a lot of boxes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    I had no problem paying retail for the 100 ml for this one. Would I have preferred to get it cheaper, of course...that goes for pretty much everything...but, Chanel is rarely found discounted. Plus, it's a workhorse frag for me, so it earns it.

To each their own, though....I have no difficulty seeing why it just wouldn't work for many people or why they wouldn't like it. Honestly, it kind of surprised me that I like it as much as I do...something about it just works right on my skin and ticks a lot of boxes I guess.
    I'm on my second sample vial and I think I'm going to get a 100 ml of this (Eau Extreme) and a 100 ml of edition blanche. I'm passing on Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport. I think Eau Extreme is a better version of AH and AHS - a combination of those two that's better than either of them. Edition Blanche hardly smells like part of the line to me, and might be my favorite Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel1 View Post
    I'm on my second sample vial and I think I'm going to get a 100 ml of this (Eau Extreme) and a 100 ml of edition blanche. I'm passing on Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport. I think Eau Extreme is a better version of AH and AHS - a combination of those two that's better than either of them. Edition Blanche hardly smells like part of the line to me, and might be my favorite Chanel.
    I went through a sample of AHSEE and have a second sample I haven't sprayed yet. I would like to get a full bottle of this at some point. I have a bottle of AHS and if I use it up I might go with Eau Extreme next. I recently blind bought Édition Blanche Eau de Parfum. I won't know how it smells till Christmas.

AHSEE has been labeled EDP too.

Quote Originally Posted by SndyDrmmr View Post
    I went through a sample of AHSEE and have a second sample I haven't sprayed yet. I would like to get a full bottle of this at some point. I have a bottle of AHS and if I use it up I might go with Eau Extreme next. I recently blind bought Édition Blanche Eau de Parfum. I won't know how it smells till Christmas.

AHSEE has been labeled EDP too.
    They just changed the name from edt concentree to edp? And the juice is presumably unchanged? I'm guessing that it's just a marketing decision; that they previously wanted to avoid the designation edp, so they made up (or borrowed) the term edt concentree, and now they're just using the more established naming convention of edp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel1 View Post
    They just changed the name from edt concentree to edp? And the juice is presumably unchanged? I'm guessing that it's just a marketing decision; that they previously wanted to avoid the designation edp, so they made up (or borrowed) the term edt concentree, and now they're just using the more established naming convention of edp.
    I hope your right. Édition Blanche currently has two Fragrantica pages, one for the EDT and one for the EDP. The main accords vary (EDT balsamic, EDP green). The listed notes are different too. The EDP is missing several the EDT lists.