Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: How Many Pairs of Shoes Do You Own?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 10

17 24.29%
  • 10 - 25

26 37.14%
  • 25 - 50

16 22.86%
  • 50 - 100

9 12.86%
  • 100 +

2 2.86%

Default How Many Pairs of Shoes or Boots Do You Own?

I enjoy buying clothes especially shoes/boots and I know that I own quite a few. While out shopping today I bought a new pair of Chelsea boots and a friend made a passing remark on the number of shoes I own. Annoyed when I got home I counted my footwear. I'm 23 and have 63 pairs of shoes/boots and three pairs of wellingtons/rain boots is it really that unusual for a chap?

I'd be interested to know how many pairs do you have?
    What I've Been Wearing:

Default Re: How Many Pairs of Shoes or Boots Do You Own?

Yes it is unusual to have that many for a chap but not for a girl, I just have two pairs of shoes one for work and the other for casual.

Blog Entries

Fewer than 10! Including snow boots and sandals.

my issue with that amount is that i dont have enough space and i travel often,so my rotation is 2 or 3 pairs of john varvatos boots.

if you have the space though,get as many as you like,you dont have to wear them all,but its reftreshing to know you have variety

btw good choice on the chelsea boots there classics!
    Check out my Narciso Rodriguez for Him youtube review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SImDN1VjOU

I'm just crazy with the shoes. I'm almost as bad with shoes as I am with frags. I keep sayin' I'm'a scale it back, but it never happens.

12 pairs is my limit, and that is how many I usually have, 10-12 pair.

Even with the limit, I am pretty sure my shoes cost more than the rest of the wardrobe put together. If I had normal size feet I'd probably buy more, at a lower cost per pair, but as it stands I'm limited to the few brands that make narrow shoes that don't look terrible.

I love shoes.
    I voted for option # 2.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Fewer than 10! Including snow boots and sandals.
    Couple of pairs of trainers,
    Couple of pairs of smart shoes / boots,
    Pair of blue suede shoes (shoe of the day),
    Pair of walking / hiking boots,
    Pair of flip-flops.

Blog Entries

My mother loves shoes and handbags, and so does my daughter.

That gene skipped my generation-- I'm the perfume nut, which neither of them cares much about.

I love shoes as well. As with fragrances, I've done a good amount of collecting both shoes and watches. Without having counted I'd say that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 pairs of shoes and boots and still in about 35-40 watches along with my 100+ fragrance collection.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I love shoes as well. As with fragrances, I've done a good amount of collecting both shoes and watches. Without having counted I'd say that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 pairs of shoes and boots and still in about 35-40 watches along with my 100+ fragrance collection.
    I to like watches but I do not buy them my other half has given me a few watches though, thus far I have 4 it seems like a good number.

Thank you all for taking part in my thread.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Compared to fragrances my shoes and watches collections are conservative.
    230+ fragrances
    19 pairs of shoes
    9 watches (none of them are high end, the most expensive costs 200usd, a Swiss Military Hanova Rose gold, my favorite watche color)

Thirty or so in regular rotation (though some of those are only worn in season, e.g. sandals and winter boots). Another ten, approximately, which are either special use or kept for sentimental reasons.

I am very fond of a stompy boot.

Anywhere in between 25 and 50, both the more formal and the more casual types included.

18ish. Never thought to count before

Lots . . . more than my wife. That really seems to bother her too as she cracks about it to anyone who will listen. I quit listening . . . sorry dear.

Cheers . . . Wally

Eleven, with another pair on the way.

G

I'd guess around 25 pairs of dress shoes and an equal number of exotic leather western boots.

2 pairs of sandals
    2 pairs of casual, every day wear shoes
    2 pairs of dress shoes
    2 pairs of work out shoes

so 8

I think every man should have at least one pair of handmade shoes. I have handmadebrogues , the Shoes Women Love to See Men In ... double buckle Monk Strap Shoes for business-casual situations... and classic Tassel loafer with my business attire ...

Totally admit to being an ex-shoeaholic, but I am cured of that now. I used to get new shoes with nearly every paycheque. It was the smell of the new leather that got me every time, and a superb cut of a beautifully made shoe. I used to love Berties shoes. I'm not sure they exist anymore. Whoever they modelled their last on, had the same feet as me and they were always like gloves. I would love another pair of their tan coloured closed sandals like I used to have. They were like plain brogues but the closed top was actually open slats to let your hot summer feet breathe. The laces had a tiny triangle of leather at the ends... stunning. I always love that little unusual addition of a detail that most wouldn't see, but I knew was there. I am cured, honest....

Did a mental count and came up to 35 but I've probably missed a few. I wear around 15-20 of those on a more regular basis (depending on the season).

Loved your post mumsy!

Absolutely hopeless when it comes to shoes, handbags and any item out of *all saints* . Have far too many to admit to........but it is my better half is to blame. We were in Jimmy Choo and while i was looked at beautiful summer sandals he actually insisted on a extremely high pair of shoes that had exquisite Japanese elements about them. When I told him I had already decided on my shoes, he insisted on getting them as well, as they were a *work of art*.

With boots and mules I lose all rational thought! My dad always bought me boots and shoes from a young age and it seems to be genetic!

As I live in two countries I am in some sort of denial about my collections!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I can really appreciate a fine pair of mens shoes. I get so many compliments from women at work regarding me shoes. Many, many more compliments than I ever receive with frags. Women tend to look at your shoes and appreciate a men with nice shoes that are well taken cared of.

I reached 80 pairs of shoes yesterday.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Congrats! That s a lot))

I'm about 20+ pairs.

Basenotes Member

I have 23 pairs of shoes. I think I have every kind of shoes lol My mom always complain why do I have so many shoes. Haha! I just love shoes so much even though I already have more than 20, I will still keep on buying.
    www.luvessentials.com

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd guess around 25 pairs of dress shoes and an equal number of exotic leather western boots.
    Thank god for not saying that u have the same # of shoes as parfums

I have many stylish business shoes. I like to wear business shoes.

Could be about 50.

I have shoes for three seasons: winter (cold, snow and ice), summer (hot, no socks) and in between.
    And I have shoes for the office (classic, formal and no nonsense in different colours and heel heights) and non office (my size allows buying classic mens footwear - much more comfortable and usually better quality than many of my womens business shoes).

And there are shoes for specific activities like running shoes, hiking shoes, boat shoes.
    Last edited by pebe; 30th March 2013 at 05:15 PM.

2-Work
    7- Casual
    3-Dressy

Thumbs up Re: How Many Pairs of Shoes or Boots Do You Own?

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Women tend to pay close attention to the shoes you are wearing.

Default Shoes

Maybe eight?

Shocked that once I start counting it appears to be over 25!

bleu autumn haze

I have 50-100 ... I stopped counting at 50, but I'm counting boots and sandals in that number. Also, counting several pairs of high heeled pumps that I can no longer wear but I can't bear to part with. Heck, I have 15 pairs of black shoes alone ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I have something more than 25 pairs currently. I used to have a lot more but they were taking up too much room and I had so many I never wore any more, I tossed the very worn ones and donated the good ones to Goodwill.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Use to be over 100+

Now rotate between 60+ pairs divided up into seasons. Louboutins (big weakness), Manolos, Bally, Chanel and Prada are the staples for heels and dressy flats. I love Repetto for casual ballet flats. Boots are a mix of Chloé and Frye, a couple pairs of Hunter wellies.

The seasons selection are stored in an antique display cabinet along with perfume for easy visual reference and because it's exceedingly pretty to look at. Don't start me on handbags and scarves.

Around 25

I manage to keep footwear purchase impulses under control, but I could easily get into collecting sneakers and I have been known to by the same pair of shoes in several different colours.

I also feel the call of boots - There is a pair of Wolverine 100 miles in rust that with my name on them...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    exotic leather western boots.
    If you aren't averse to sharing them, I'd love to see pictures some time. Do you wear them, or is it just for the sake of collecting?

I've cut down some, but right now I have 80 pairs of trainers, mostly adidas and Puma, with some Italian brands thrown in. Did have Gripfast 10-hole, NPS 11-hole and Grinders 8-hole, but my old room-mate stole them all, despite being UK12s and no chance of fitting. Right now I just have an old pair of Chippewa logger boots (made in USA). I wear everything in rotation, as I absolutely despise wearing the same pair of shoes two days in a row.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

right now I have 21 pair of shoes I did not know since I have my shoes in two different houses and I am thinking of buying I new pair today from asos

Shoes: 8 (6 of which are Fluevogs and 2 models of which are duplicates in different colours--I'm a Fluevog freak)
    Sandals: 5 (incl. one historic)
    Boots: 1
    Slippers: 1

Thanks for this topic. It gives a chance to reflect on the state of one's shoedom.

Does anyone else buy the same shoes of a favourite model in different colours?
    Last edited by Fiveoaks_Bouquet; 8th March 2014 at 01:25 AM.

I used to collect sneakers as a hobby so I own close to 100 pairs, which I plan to sell in the future for a profit. But my current rotation of shoes that I actually wear on a daily basis is 7 pairs.

Sadly I spend all my extra money on perfume and not on shoes . I have like 5 pairs of shoes . Sad but true .

Yes it is unusual to have that many for a chap but not for a girl, I just have two pairs of shoes one for work and the other for casual.

I've just counted mine I didn't realize I had that many... 28 in total.
    "Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back." - Marian Bendeth