Code of Conduct

Default What is make sense to have LIDGE and DHI?

so would it be redundant to have both LIDGE and DHI (the newest dior homme intense)? I dont want someone to think I'm wearing the same cologne when they smell both of them on different occasions....

edit: would it make sense*
    Last edited by stinkypete; 12th December 2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: you dont wanna know

Default Re: What is make sense to have LIDGE and DHI?

This is far from an exhaustive list, but maybe these threads would help

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...sion)-vs-LIDGE
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...-homme-intense
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...ould-i-get-DHI
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/317...nstant-Extreme

Personally, I've only smelt DH, not DHI, but I think the only thing in common is a cocoa note that isn't that similar.
    LIDGE is cocoa with patchouli (with some citrus, cedar, aniseed and florals) and DHI? From what I understand the main notes are cocoa and iris.

Yes. They are very different and both exceptional fragrances. It also makes sense to have DH, DHI, LIDG and LIDGE.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

To my nose they both smell completely different.

Yep, very different fragrances. DHI: Vanilla, cocoa and iris. LIDGE: citrus and cocoa.

Definitely these two scents are enough different and enough GREAT to have both in your wardrobe.
    I myself have 2 bottles of each and happy with them quite much!

It makes scents to have both in your wardrobe.

Yes, they're quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    To my nose they both smell completely different.
    Same here.

Overcome By Fumes

I can see not wanting to own 2 fragrances that smell very similar if you are low on cash or running out of room in your cabinet, but worrying about someone thinking that you might wear the same fragrance on two different occasions? Seriously? I generally wear fragrances I love over and over again, and if someone recognizes that repetition, or not, fine. I would be really, really surprised if someone ever approached me saying, "That fragrance you're wearing today smells slightly similar to the one you wore last Thursday, but there's something a bit different, I just can't place it..."

Own what you love and love what you own. Whether you want multiples of things that have certain accords that smell good on you or every fragrance to be very distinct is up to you. Wondering if people are going to be thinking that you might be wearing the same fragrance on occasions when you are not, is a fear you can let go.

Different scents , different feeling .... It make sense , and especialy if u realy love parfumes ( meaning that u don't use them for the others , but for yourself in first place ...many people could think that amouage reflection and le male are the same pair of shoes , but that does not make this two parfumes simillare or equal ).
    Last edited by Igorbg; 12th December 2012 at 03:28 PM.

It's not uncommon to want the popular things. While they don't share enough similarities to be completely redundant, I think people would do well to expand from these 2 options and explore a little.

The openings are completely different, although i do see some similarities in the drydown, they are still different enough to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Yes. They are very different and both exceptional fragrances. It also makes sense to have DH, DHI, LIDG and LIDGE.
    Completely agree.

is LIDGE as feminine as DHI? I've been wondering about that. DHI smells nice but it's just wayyyy too feminine smelling for me to wear consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by jeightseven View Post
    is LIDGE as feminine as DHI? I've been wondering about that. DHI smells nice but it's just wayyyy too feminine smelling for me to wear consistently.
    I don't find DHI reform to be nearly as feminine as the vintage, but either way LIDGE doesn't smell feminine at all to me. To answer the OP I don't think DHI and LIDGE are anywhere close to being similar. What they do share is that they're both fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeightseven View Post
    Nah son, LIDGE is masculine, and it's "the bomb" if I might use a played out reference. I've had platonic girl friends snuggle up to me with that one on.

It's so good I have a backup bottle still boxed and wrapped in the cellophane, and I occasionally stress out wondering if that bottle will be as good as the one I've got out, so I don't use it that much.

Fuck this hobby is exausting.

is there anywhere to get lidge in the us (not ebay) without resorting to the canadian boutique?

No, it would absolutely not make sense to have dhi in your collection as it is a horrid, feminine, sickly, synthetic piece of crap. Do yourself a favour and ignore any recommendations for it and invest in something worthwhile. I wish someone had given me this straightforward and honest advice

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    is there anywhere to get lidge in the us (not ebay) without resorting to the canadian boutique?
    Strawberrynet was selling them yesterday. I got myself a bottle for only $63
    Although, they sold out like a wildfire within an hour or so. They restock every couple weeks though so keep an eye out

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    Strawberrynet was selling them yesterday. I got myself a bottle for only $63
    Although, they sold out like a wildfire within an hour or so. They restock every couple weeks though so keep an eye out
    thanks for the info. will keep an eye out. i wish they had email notifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    No, it would absolutely not make sense to have dhi in your collection as it is a horrid, feminine, sickly, synthetic piece of crap. Do yourself a favour and ignore any recommendations for it and invest in something worthwhile. I wish someone had given me this straightforward and honest advice
    Op DHI is the bomb. Best frag ever!