Code of Conduct

Default Blind bought L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml/2.5oz

I got it from strawberrynet for $63 US currency. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else! Sold out now, my buddy took the last one

This is my first blind buy since high school. I love gourmands and citrus based fragrances.
    This is my first time buying a Geurlain fragrance nor have I ever sampled one.
    What can I expect from this particular fragrance considering I like gourmands and citrus based fragrances.
    However, I'm not too into the oriental/woody ingredients that is supposedly in this particular fragrance.

Anyhow, this better be the sex in the bottle that you BNers have been raving about

Default Re: Blind bought L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml/2.5oz

Chicks dig it.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Blind bought L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml/2.5oz

I hope it lives up to the hype for you...for me, it did not...not that it's not a good frag in and of itself, it just wasn't what I was expecting it to be. People classify it as a gourmand, and I think that it quite a stretch. There is some cocoa in it yes, but to my nose it is not the star and it is far from and edible type of a smell. That being said, you are probably expecting something different than me and you will hopefully love it.

I hear it's a sweeter and classier version of Givenchy Pi Intense?
    If, so then I cannot see how I would not love it. I own GPI and although it sucks on my skin the fragrance itself is amazing.

And I bought one today too. Blind buy as normal. lol

$63 seems to be a good price.

Its OK, I don't get the great longevity others talk about. This stuff only lasts a few hours on me .

Basenotes Plus

Not to steal your buddy's thunder, but Strawberrynet has a new shipment come in every 2-3 weeks. Sells out quick, but you can count on them restocking. If you love the fragrance, make sure you bookmark Strawberrynet because you really can't beat that deal.

I only the the regular L'instant Pour Homme for $63 at the mentioned site. Sure you got the Extreme version???

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I hope it lives up to the hype for you...for me, it did not...not that it's not a good frag in and of itself, it just wasn't what I was expecting it to be. People classify it as a gourmand, and I think that it quite a stretch. There is some cocoa in it yes, but to my nose it is not the star and it is far from and edible type of a smell. That being said, you are probably expecting something different than me and you will hopefully love it.
    I have the same sentiments. I agree it's a great scent but was way overhyped here on BN. I do get cocoa but to me it's not as "edible" as what I would think a gourmand should be.

I think it's nice, but nothing more. Many think it is the greatest thing ever. I don't, but I do think it is worth owning - especially at that price. Good catch.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I'm a big fan of LIDGE, but you shouldn't expect a full-on gourmand with it. Up front there's sort of a back & forth play with the citrus, patchouli and cocoa, which sounds really strange, but it's just so well blended in LIDGE that it ends up "working." While I do still like this phase - first 1-2 hours, it's the later drydown after that which sells me completely every time. THIS is when it begins to show it's more gourmand-like qualities, as the drier cocoa and light woods dance together in harmony in beautiful rhythm.

Ok, ok, enough of the fancy talk...really, to me, it's just a high quality, very well blended & balanced fragrance that develops nicely and works very well on my skin. I'm sort of in love with that late drydown, too, as I prefer it's more natural straight cocoa & woods to most other overly-sweet gourmands. I found the EDT to be just ok, but the EDP struck a brilliant accord with me right away. Personally, I do find it to be a slightly more "mature" fragrance, however, and am not sure I would have liked it as much in my 20's or younger. But, that's just me & all I really know is that, in my 30's I love this stuff and would stock up on a lifetime supply of the stuff if I ever found out it was being discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I only the the regular L'instant Pour Homme for $63 at the mentioned site. Sure you got the Extreme version???
    Yessir.
    It's cause they sold out right after I bought my bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    What can I expect from this particular fragrance considering I like gourmands and citrus based fragrances.
    Expect lot of patchouli, cocoa and some woods & flowers just to make it little more sophisticated. There is close to 0 citrus in LIDGE. IMO its gourmand done right - you smell edible without smelling like a food or girl.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

It's a wonderful scent.

Infected by Basenotes hype/enthusiasm, I blind bought it. It was a bit sweeter than I'd hoped for, and my initial impressions were that it is nice, classy, well blended, but nothing special.

The more I use it, however, and the more I compare it to other scents, the more I come to appreciate its beauty.

Not sure that I'd call it sex in a bottle...

Last year I blind bough LIDGE. I like it a lot. I do think it is over hyped though. The cocoa dry down is great. I think the opening is a bit heavy (maybe patchouli and anise).

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Chicks dig it.
    From my experience, chicks/girls don't dig it, but women do.