Code of Conduct

Default Smells like orange and chocolate

Do you guys know which delicious treat I'm talking about? It was like an orange ball that was made out of chocolate and you could rip off pieces like an orange slice and it had orange zest in the chocolate. I know wallmart sold it for a while before it was discontinued
    A good part of my childhood tastebud

Definitely want a fragrance that can bring that feeling back
    What's the best orange/choclolaty fragrance out there

Default Re: Smells like orange and chocolate

Elixir des Merveilles is a genius creation by Jean Claude Ellena and I smell chocolate in it.. wonderful stuff.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Chocolovers by Aquolina fits your description perfectly. In fact, when I first smelled the scent, I was immediately reminded of the orange chocolate that you mention (actually have eaten that one ). Chocolovers used to be very cheap, got one from TjMaxx for $4. However, the scent is discontinued and is now sold for around $150 on ebay

Haven't experienced any fragrance that give me similar feeling. It is said that Chocolate Greedy by Montale is very similar to Chocolovers but I do have both and I think they're nothing alike. Chocolate Greedy is more about vanilla than bitter chocolate and it reminds me of waffle

this one?

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...8/product.html

Feminine though I guess I would just wear it around the house or spray it on my pillow

Terry's chocolate orange was the chocolate. Still widely available in the UK.
    DONNA

P.G.'s Cadjméré could interest you. A sweetish, creamy, coconuty scent with an orangey / citrusy heart.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    You beat me to it. Yep, that's the one.

If you want a fragrance that's close to this, to my nose you want LIDG or LIDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    YES! That is it! I just purchased some online

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    You beat me to it. Yep, that's the one.

If you want a fragrance that's close to this, to my nose you want LIDG or LIDGE.
    That's funny that you mention LIDGE cause I just blind bought it a couple hours ago
    So, now I'm definitely excited for it

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I bought some Terry's chocolate oranges at the supermarket the other day. They typically appear in stores at Christmas time.

Interestingly, the flavor that makes Tootsie Roll what it is, is chocolate + orange. A few years back Origins had a line called Cocoa Therapy that had this exact smell, but it didn't include a perfume. Some of the products are still available online-- Amazon, eBay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    That's funny that you mention LIDGE cause I just blind bought it a couple hours ago
    So, now I'm definitely excited for it
    Ah, yes a good one indeed!!
    I think you will find one or two notes in there that make it slightly out (jasmine and patchoulli perhaps?), but very very close to it indeed!!

+1 LIDGE is the closest frag I have smelled to a good old Terry's chocolate orange.

Another for LIDGE...not exactly there, as the citrus in LIDGE is more subdued to me and as it dries down I just get straight cocoa & woods mainly. But still...I can see it coming close. I hope you enjoy your bottle as much as I do mine. If not, it won't be hard to get rid of, that's for sure (I'm always on the lookout for good backup bottles myself).

One I would suggest at least trying, if you haven't already, is Givenchy Play Intense. More of the citrusy orange to me than LIDGE, although in P.I. I find more vanilla comes into play than cocoa (not even sure if cocoa is a note in P.I.). However, as an overall vibe, it still somehow has it's moments to me where it comes off as oranges or tangerines with a little chocolate drizzled over top.

Basenotes Junkie

LIDGE??? Seriously?? I don't get that at all. LIDGE, to my nose, and my wife's nose, and my 2 friend's noses, and my coworker's nose, and my sister-in-law's nose get an extremely small amount of citrus, and a hint of cocoa. I would never compare LIDGE to Terry's chocolate orange. LIDGE is heavy, super spicy, slightly chocolatey, heavily woody, and strong. Terry's chocolate orange is none of that. Just 'cause it has a faint chocolate note in it doesn't make it smell like milk chocolate with orange flavoring. I don't get this comparison at all.

I read this thread hoping to see what frags people came up with because I think it would be a cool frag. Sorry I don't have a suggestion, but I just have to say that if your expecting Terry's chocolate orange from LIDGE you will be sadly disappointed. But, then again, maybe my nose, my wife's nose, my 2 friend's nose, my co-worker's nose, and my sister-in-law's nose are all out of whack.

I guess I should specify that I'm speaking of the EDP, I don't have any experience with the EDT...maybe that one smells more like Terry's, but then again could the EDP and the EDT be that dramatically different? I don't know.

Amour De Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique? This is what you want (and now available in the UK at Marks and Spencer).

If I've ever eaten a chocolate orange it was too long ago for me to remember. Perhaps you could try this though

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Enchant-A...item3a75fb4bda < sample

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Enchant-A...item3a75545665 < full bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    LIDGE??? Seriously?? I don't get that at all. LIDGE, to my nose, and my wife's nose, and my 2 friend's noses, and my coworker's nose, and my sister-in-law's nose get an extremely small amount of citrus, and a hint of cocoa. I would never compare LIDGE to Terry's chocolate orange. LIDGE is heavy, super spicy, slightly chocolatey, heavily woody, and strong. Terry's chocolate orange is none of that. Just 'cause it has a faint chocolate note in it doesn't make it smell like milk chocolate with orange flavoring. I don't get this comparison at all.

+1 big time. I haven't tried Terry's Chocolate Orange, but I've worn LIDGE a few times and THIS^^ is what I get. More cocoa powder than chocolate, and ZERO orange. Was very surprised to see LIDGE here.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    P.G.'s Cadjméré could interest you. A sweetish, creamy, coconuty scent with an orangey / citrusy heart.
    This is a great one.

I've heard that Thierry Mugler's Sunessence is supposed to smell like orange and chocolate.

Aftelier Cacao
    Ayala Moriel Guilt

I love 'em. But I can't promise that the chocolate/orange combination lasts terribly long in either of them; they both dry down to very nice but less orangey bases.

Marginally sensing both notes in Trussardi Jeans for Men

Elixir des Merveilles is a wonderful cheerful gourmand fragrance reminiscent of orange marmalade with dark chocolates! Try it.

Serendipity 3's Serendipitous fits the bill if you can find yourself a bottle.

Montale - Chocolate Greedy

Quote Originally Posted by Hayven View Post
    Serendipity 3's Serendipitous fits the bill if you can find yourself a bottle.
    That's the one I'll recommend, too. It's exactly oranges + chocolate; it's quite realistic if that's what you are after and it stays true throughout its development.

P.S. Oh, no. Has it been discontinued? I wanted to mention Luckyscent, but I logged on to the website, and they don't have it. Then, I checked other websites and can't find it anywhere.
    Last edited by catnip_too; 17th December 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Play Intense is much closer to what you're looking for that LIDGE, but Play Intense isn't 100% right either. Elixir des Merveilles is a good suggestion!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

You could try layering the orange eau de cartier or Molinard's orange (probably cheaper and longer lasting) and one of the chocolate scents from CSP, or CK One Shock for Her though that will depend on your skin. Personally I get almost nothing but chocolate from it.

Or pay the $6 for a sample of Enchant by Asgharali and see how it works out (Mandarin, Orange, Chocolate, Vanilla) sounds like it should be on the money and a full bottle isn't exactly pricey.
    Last edited by Miket; 19th December 2012 at 10:24 AM.

+1 LIDGE, especially the EDP

Imo -- Chocolat Frais by Il Profumo smells exactly like a chocolate orange

Patchouli Intense by Molinard

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour De Cacao smells like this to me, and it can be had at quite a good price on eBay. I've also heard that a lot of ChocoLovers fans like a cheapie Gale Hayman called Delicious Chocolate, although I have never smelled either of those and I don't believe that the Gale Hayman has orange.
    "Remember me, whispers the dust" - Peter Huchel

Serendipity 3 seems to be close. Montale Chocolate greedy is about the vanilla and chocolate, no citrus You could layer it with Heeley's Oranges and Lemons say the Bells of St. Clements.
    For a great cocoa scent try L'Artisan's Piment Brûlant...hot peppers cinnamon and chocolate notes...WOW!

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

The new 'Sorriso by Protumum' is inspired by Cacao Orange (Bitter Orange+Bitter Cacao)

http://www.profumum.com/en/Perfumes/sorriso.html
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...m/Sorriso.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/P...iso-21853.html

Credit to LuckyScent

A delicious and sophisticated gourmand scent built on the always-enticing combination of chocolate and orange. The bitter orange opening is bright and sharp and does not fade away, but melds beautifully with the intense and luscious chocolate note that dominates the blend. The notes list bitter chocolate, but it does not have the aggressive bite of unsweetened baker’s squares. Instead it reminds us of fine, European bittersweet cocoa powder – like Valrhona or Callebaut – rich and dark, with just a hint of sweetness.

Dusted over fresh orange and velvety woods (and perhaps a creamy vanilla-tinged note, as well), this is a luxurious, grown-up cocoa with no marshmallows in sight. Sorriso is one of the most elegant chocolate scents we have ever encountered. It isn’t sugary or buttery and it doesn’t juxtapose the edible elements with surprising, jarring notes. It is smooth and balanced, earning its sophistication by embracing the bitter elements of chocolate, as well as the sweet, and by using soft, soothing wood as an anchor. Sorriso means smile and this fragrance will surely evoke many of them.

Sorriso Notes
    Bitter chocolate, bitter orange, exotic woods

Have anyone tried it yet ?

By the way, a friend just gave me 'Cacoa + Orange Perfumed Shower Gel by Yves Rocher', it smells exactly like the real dessert.
    But Yves Rocher does not made matching perfume. There is only room spray available.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 31st December 2013 at 05:47 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

+ 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Elixir des Merveilles is a genius creation by Jean Claude Ellena and I smell chocolate in it.. wonderful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post

The new 'Sorriso by Protumum' is inspired by Cacao Orange (Bitter Orange+Bitter Cacao)

Have anyone tried it yet ?
    Luckyscent has sent it as a sample with a purchase I recently made. Haven't received it yet. Looks like exactly what the OP was looking for back in 2012 though.

(2386)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Costs too much for a playful scent

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Costs too much for a playful scent
    That is also the reason why I do not buy some scents.

Some fragrances are too playful or too moody/sad for me to wear regularly.

Happy new year 2014.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Can not think of any, really

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette View Post
    Elixir des Merveilles is a wonderful cheerful gourmand fragrance reminiscent of orange marmalade with dark chocolates! Try it.
    Totally agree
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Montale - Chocolate Greedy
    +1 Chocolate Greedy. First thing that comes to mind. However, the orange note is just a minor player, in my opinion.

Sorriso by Profumum definitely hits the mark.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Two fragrance oils - Possets Epinoia (cocoa, sweet spice, citrus, and vanilla) and Arcana Venous Return (orange flower, bitter chocolate, dragon’s blood resin, red myrrh, musk, peppercorn, cassia, and patchouli).

Another vote LIDGE, citrusy oranges covered in cacao