Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Howdy all,

    just wondering if any of you would be kind enough to offer your opinion on the authenticity (or otherwise) of this :

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terre-D-Herm...item5899391418

    Many thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,539

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Looks fine to me, but mine is 200ml Parfum. I imagine the presentation would be the same.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Yes, I think this looks real/right...

  4. #4
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,994

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    The price is about right for a discount and I don't recall any reports of this being a bad seller. Mine too is the 200ml bottle but this looks good to me.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.


    The IFRA can bite me!

  5. #5
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,212

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    While I have been the victim of receiving a fake Terre d'Hermes edt off eBay a year ago, I am not aware of pure perfume fakes. At the price they are selling it for, I doubt it is fake.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    While I have been the victim of receiving a fake Terre d'Hermes edt off eBay a year ago, I am not aware of pure perfume fakes. At the price they are selling it for, I doubt it is fake.
    Many thanks to all respondents - appreciate your time. Look like I'll be buying this.

    drseid, can you elaborate further on your fake eBay perfume ? e.g seller's name, how you found out it was fake etc.

    Thanks

  7. #7

    Default

    You may as well get it off of amazon for that price. Looks legit though.

  8. #8
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,212

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    Many thanks to all respondents - appreciate your time. Look like I'll be buying this.

    drseid, can you elaborate further on your fake eBay perfume ? e.g seller's name, how you found out it was fake etc.

    Thanks
    Well, I could "out" the seller, but as they issued me a quick full refund and took the product off eBay immeditely, I don't think I should as they may have been hoodwinked themselves. All I can say is it was a lesson well learned for me and I definitely should have known better. What I *will* say is that it was not one of the power sellers many here buy from like the scented monkeys of the world. This was a relatively obscure seller that I had no experience with prior to the sale. As to how I found out is was a fake... The paint on the bottle was coming off with an orange oily substance all over the twist down neck as it was lowered... and the scent was quite different than the bottle I already had purchased at retail.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Well, I could "out" the seller, but as they issued me a quick full refund and took the product off eBay immeditely, I don't think I should as they may have been hoodwinked themselves. All I can say is it was a lesson well learned for me and I definitely should have known better. What I *will* say is that it was not one of the power sellers many here buy from like the scented monkeys of the world. This was a relatively obscure seller that I had no experience with prior to the sale. As to how I found out is was a fake... The paint on the bottle was coming off with an orange oily substance all over the twist down neck as it was lowered... and the scent was quite different than the bottle I already had purchased at retail.
    Thanks for the reply drseid. Sounds like the seller did all they could to right the wrong.

    Sorry you had to go through that.

    I don't have another bottle of Terre D'Hermes, so I'll have nothing to compare if I get suspicious. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

    Thanks again.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    If you're judging whether fragrance is genuine or not by how it looks on the picture, it always a good idea to ask a seller if what you're looking at is a picture of of a real item s/he is selling or just a stock photo. All too often sellers use stock photos from the Internet. It doesn't necessarily mean that what you're buying isn't genuine, but rather deprives you of the opportunity to catch a fake before you pay for it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    Quote Originally Posted by oboltus View Post
    If you're judging whether fragrance is genuine or not by how it looks on the picture, it always a good idea to ask a seller if what you're looking at is a picture of of a real item s/he is selling or just a stock photo. All too often sellers use stock photos from the Internet. It doesn't necessarily mean that what you're buying isn't genuine, but rather deprives you of the opportunity to catch a fake before you pay for it.
    Hmmm..........a very good point. I'll have to ask.

    Thanks for the thought.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    mlsweeney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sullivan, IL
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: Your opinion - is this Terre D'Hermes a fake or genuine ?

    In the future, make sure you look for the ribbon next to their name that says "top rated plus." You can basically guarantee it's legit if the seller has a large volume of positive feedback.

Similar Threads

  1. fake TERRE D'HERMES
    By bigtyivier in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th February 2013, 03:47 PM
  2. Wanting an opinion on this Terre D'Hermes gift set on Bonanza.com
    By Prospective_Buyer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th October 2012, 01:33 AM
  3. Fake Terre d'Hermes
    By pantala in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 5th October 2012, 12:05 PM
  4. Fake Terre d'Hermes?
    By Wilx in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 9th August 2012, 11:27 PM
  5. Possible fake terre d'hermes
    By rollzst in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 31st July 2012, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •