Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo L'Eau Indigo - Terrible!!

Hello,

First of all, I need to say I love Kenzo PH and the original L'Eau. Blind bought Indigo and received it yesterday. Oh my gosh, what a terrible, terrible smell! I sprayed it on my arm, got a good sniff and immediately thought: this was a mistake. What is that opening note? Is that ginger? I am a newbie to fragrances, so I still canīt discern individual notes, my nose is not trained for that yet. I donīt know, but for me it is an "indigo" or purple note, dark, acrid, sweety-sour, not in pleasing way. Never in my life I felt the urge to wash a scent off so bad as I did last night. It was nauseating, to the point of making me ill and giving me a headache.

Is this normal? I mean, so many people appear to like it, and I wonder if there was any problem with my bottle. The smell for me is absolutely heavy, bad and unbearable, not pleasing, not fresh, nothing I was expecting by reading reviews and opinions. Can anyone confirm this is how L'Eau Indigo is supposed to be?

Thanks!

Default Re: Kenzo L'Eau Indigo - Terrible!!

Indigo is very simillar to Cartier Declaration , going that roud very safely . He does not have any similarities with L'eau or Kenzo PH , they are different grups, different stile , so your love for two in the past does not project very well in future frag of Kenzo house and that is normal. Personaly i found this frag OK, nothing great, nothing bad, but easy answer for evry question u made is , you are new in frag world , don't buy them before u try them.

This frag certainly is not that bad as u say, nether is unwerable , but u don't like something in this one, and that is it.
    Swap it, go for something other and that is solution fo now.

Personally own and like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    This frag certainly is not that bad as u say, nether is unwerable , but u don't like something in this one, and that is it.
    Swap it, go for something other and that is solution fo now.
    Yeah, i understand you, it just hit me as really strange that it can smell so intense and "weird", and yet no opinions or reviews emphasize this particular characteristic. Thatīs why I thought I could even have a "bad juice" bottle. Oh well, as you said: swap and go for something else is the solution.

It can be one of the answers ( bad juice ) but this realy rarely happens ... My guess is your intolerance for this kind of frag.
    I can easily say that u don't like eather coriander eather gigner...

I suspect itīs the ginger. Will have to do some more tests. Too bad where I live there is not a lot of places for me to sample fragrances, so sometimes I have to blind buy. Guess we all have some blind buy regrets...

We all had, and we all will have blind buy regrets.... I would say that is the miracle of blind buy, my start in parfume world was full of bad choices.... finaly my taste was bild on those bad choices ( and good too ) , so Just Do It ( leave regrets behind ) .

I do not think Indigo is a bad fragrance. I just think it's a bit generic

It seemed nice to me, although has not good lasting power and is somehow generic.
    Liked it...