Code of Conduct

Default Is it worth swapping?

Hello everyone,
    I have a close friend in South Africa who's also a frag enthusiast like I am. He's willing to swap/exchange his Aventus with my Tobacco Vanille (really excited about that). My only issue is that he keeps all his frags in a wine cooler and some in a fridge...I don't do that (I just keep mine in a cool dark area in my wardrobe). I don't even have a wine cooler n I don't see myself putting my frags in a fridge.
    My question is...Will a frag remain the same after it is no more kept in a wine cooler or a fridge? I've heard so much about variations in temperature affecting frags. And even if i decide to store the aventus in a fridge or a cooler after I receive it...It is still going to take a couple of days to get to Accra (maybe more than a week), so a different temperature will definitely his the frag during postage...and I don't intend to store it outside my wardrobe.
    Is it okay to accept this tempting offer? Please advice me perfume experts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it worth swapping?

I keep my fragrances in a fridge, and have sold bottles that were stored this way. No one has ever complained about diminished quality afterward.

I keep all of mine frag in cold dark place ( not in fridge ) and they are def. in great condition.

If u realy don't like your Tobacco Vanille so go for Aventus , but in my eays ... TV is head over Aventus ( i own Avents and like this one but TV is ... something special ).

Basenotes Junkie

1. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem having fragrances stored in refrigerators - if anything, they'll benefit from it. The store in my city selling Malle even have a separate fridge for those - go figure.

Swapping TV for Aventus? Sure thing. I really can't see the appeal of smelling intensely like vanilla for 10 ours instead of smelling like Aventus. That's just me though, subjective as hell

If you do not like TV do it. But I personally would never do that trade. Tobacco Vanille is amazing and Aventus is bleh.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the temperature difference from the fridge to air temp. Very frequent & drastic changes I'm sure wouldn't be good, but in this case it's just a one time thing, so I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you have a rather large collection and it will take years or decades for you to use up certain bottles, storing them in a cool (air conditioned when it's hot), dry place, out of the light (most important) will be just fine.

As for the trade, I'm assuming you don't care for the TV all that much and really love Aventus. If that's the case, why not trade it. If you love the TV, though, and haven't tested Aventus yet, I'd be sure to sample it first. It would be a shame to give up the TV unless you really don't care for it. Otherwise, I'd wait and save up the money to get in on a split for Aventus, then you'll have 2 great fragrances!

I'm not surprised almost each one of you loves TV. Why? Because it's such a great frag...very rich n sophisticated. Aventus isn't bad on its own either but now I'm kinda confused....I may not want to lose such a great frag as well.

Worth swapping IMO.

Price wise it's probably about even so it's whatever you prefer.

Hmmmm.....thanks to you all.

You'll be fine.

for swap/sale: