Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial question

Hi all. We're all aware of MI's weak longevity, but for those of you that have it, and have sprayed it on clothes, how long does it last on clothes say in the summer? I ask because I love the smell but it disappears pretty fast on skin (and it ain't olfactory fatigue like with Aventus). Having said that, I've noticed that things like D&G The One which is also incredibly weak, last a long time and projects like crazy on clothes (6 sprays on clothes and that thing was still getting noticed by people around me a few days later).

Default Re: Millesime Imperial question

On my skin MI lasts about 4-6 hours but longevity on clothes is about double that. Great scent if you find a good batch, ive found the darker the juice the stronger the batch is...

Well if I was to purchase it, it would be a blind batch from Fragrancenet (its the only affordable option for me), and in the spring, prepping for the summer, so it will likely be a 2011-2012, batch. This is basically strictly for the summer for me (really hot and humid), but still I doubt I'd get much longevity then, hence the clothes question. As long as it gets noticed by others around me for a good 6 hours (talking projection of 6 hours), I'm good.

Basenotes Member

In my experience in summer weather it projects well for up to about 3 hours, afterwords that projection starts diminishing. If you spray your clothes liberally people will smell you after those three hours if they hug you or are very close to you. However, if you want to get great projection throughout the day I would say do a fairly light reapplication (3 decant sprays or 1-2 if it's from the Creed sprayer) between the 3-4 hr mark and the scent will be awakened with great projection. I did that once and the compliments were endless, i've never seen a scent that makes women happy like Creed MI and i've never met a woman who didn't love the scent.

I have yet to really wear it in the summer, but I wore MI a week or so ago to class and it lasted 4 or 5 hours in the freezing cold, so I'd say 6-8 hours in the heat, maybe a little less. Still, those few hours are magnificent. This was all on clothes and under my shirt by the way.

Actually I get pretty good longevity from it.

Same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

ok, but in regards to my OP, have you sprayed on clothes and how does it perform on clothes?
    I'm in the camp where I get bad longevity hence my question, it's a bit unfortunate since this is good smelling juice

As do I. Personally 6-7 hrs on skin. Clothing, all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    ok, but in regards to my OP, have you sprayed on clothes and how does it perform on clothes?
    I'm in the camp where I get bad longevity hence my question, it's a bit unfortunate since this is good smelling juice
    Just give your shirt about 4 nice sprays and hang it back in the closet. Come back and check it in 2, 4, 6, hours. This would be more objective than if you were wearing the shirt; if you really want to find out.

I only get 4 hours out of it. Normally I get good longevity with most fragrances, but my skin just eats MI up. Spraying it on my shirt didn't help either.

Let me know how your batch is from fragnet!
    My current batch is a little plastic-like

I am half way through my 120ml bottle of MI and the longevity is way better than what people are reporting here. Easily 8 hours for me and it's noticeable on my clothes even the next day and beyond. My advice is to spray more. I remember someone saying here how they only got the large bottle because they tended to use more from this fragrance than others

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Have a new bottle. Do not like this scent. Cannot appreciate that salty vibe it gives off. Many other summer fragrances I prefer to wear.

Basenotes Junkie

I get good longevity out of it, but I can't detect it myself after a couple of hours. Still, six to eight hours after application several people have commented on the fragrance still being there, which makes me happy. Seems Creeds on me stays for a LONG time.

It lasts considerably longer on clothes, especially after reapplication.

I get seven hours plus out of this and I do sprays to my chest so the scent sticks to my shirt so I can pick up the scent long after. It is though a shame on Creed that this scent has so much batch variation in longevity/quality.

I've not had problems with longevity or projection myself but I know others post complaints all the time. Spraying it on your clothes will increase your projection and lasting power but I'm not usually a big fan of huge projection so I tend to avoid such practices.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak, a LOT of FLAK. Unforgivable.

Basenotes Plus

Here in the tropics, 2-3 hours tops. Even on fabric. Good thing it's not a firm favorite of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Here in the tropics, 2-3 hours tops. Even on fabric. Good thing it's not a firm favorite of mine.

Hey guys, I just got my MI from cheapsmells and it is a 2012 batch... A3312D02

It smells incredible, but not like my sample of A3311U01... Does anybody else have a 2012 batch and if so, what do you think compared to the 2011 batch? Am in two minds whether to return this one as longevity doesn't seem good at all!

I have a 2012 batch and longevity is 5+ hrs