Code of Conduct

Default New to this site looking for recommendations.

Hey I was just looking to get some feed back and suggestions. I am a total newbie I don't know jack about cologne for the most part just what smells good to me. I have been on a buying kick as of late(last week) I have a bunch of cologne but needed some new stuff. I just bought a new bottle of Burberry Touch. I seem to like Burberry fragrances as I have Brit, London, Burberry original, weekend, and baby touch(never really use it) most of these are relatively old probably 2-3 yrs maybe longer but still smell good except weekend I am not sure if it is not good or I just don't like it anymore. Now just bought Burberry Touch and summer 2009 Blvagri Pour homme along with Geir and Dempsey II. I'm gonna get summer '11 and brit summer '12 and a new bottle of Brit. Was looking at unscripted II as well. I was wondering your opinions on these fragrances and some suggestions on what my be up my alley. I know these are kind of all over the board somewhat but I just thought I would give it a whirl in here and see what some more knowledgable people think and can suggest. Understand all the Summer blends are blind buys along with the Avon Dempsey fragrances. Blvagri I am hoping this is the one I smelled back in high school so another blind buy. I would love to get a smack down of some knowledge, opinions and suggests.
    Thanks Guys
    Antimatter, Chicago

CologneFan85

Default Re: New to this site looking for recommendations.

Are you you looking for Fall/Winter, Summer/Spring or all around fragrances?

I would prefer more all around fragrances actually maybe one of each that might get me to a good base of fragrances. Heck browsing on here the last week I just learned there was a difference. I mean I know that flowery citrus scents are more spring summer scents. I just didn't know that it mattered. So it was a surprise to find this out.
    Thank You
    Antimatter

CologneFan85

As for all around fragrances, you should stay away from gourmand fragrances " based on food scents etc" lean towards more of aquatic or green/fresh scents then. I would recommend you Polo Double Black and Get a Decant of Green Irish Tweed from the house of Creed. As far as aquatic try Dolce Gabbana Light Blue

Cool thanks I will definitely check out the two fragrances. Although Creed I was not impressed at a simple smell in the store. I went yesterday to check out some of the Creeds. Although it sounds as if Creed needs to kind of grow on you and not all fragrances work for everyone. Plus Creed from what I read seems like you need to spend a little time with the fragrance. So I think I may grab a sample or a real small amount.
    Thank You.

Perhaps Carbone de Balmain

That sounds like it might be a pretty good fragrance. Carbone de Balmain This one sounds very nice with the citrus spicyLight Blue pour Homme Dolce&Gabbana for men recommended by colognefan85 too.

Try Chanel Bleu. Year round scent, easy to appreciate, very versatile, dress up or down, just complex enough to get you started. I think you would really like it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Terre de Hermes
    YSL Rive Gauche pour homme
    Aqua di Gio
    Bulgari BLV
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I just checked out the Chanel bleu sounds very intriguing. Is that a Highly counterfeit fragrance. I'm considering this one as it does seem quite versatile and may be an everyday scent and changing it up for the lady at night. I have yet to check the composition of your recommendations southergardens. I was doing a bit more digging D&G light blue and there are a ton of people who say it is not very good. I know to each their own but wow the overwhelming dislike for it. I found it for a good price too. kind of disappointing it does sound pretty good.

Gucci Pour Homme II
    Terre d'Hermes
    Bleu de Chanel, Chanel Allure Homme Sport & Sport Extreme
    Givenchy Play Intense

I think all of these would be worth checking out for you.

CologneFan85

Light Blue by DG has a very low projection, its a very basic aquatic but good. I have had many compliments when close to a woman by that fragrance. Light Blue is simply a safe fragrance. But honestly I think polo double black is the most versatile...Something about that Melon note in Polo Double Black is high projection on my skin....LOVE it.

I am heavily leaning toward bleu de chanel. It is a little pricy right now as I have those other fragrances I am getting. Unless I can find a pretty good deal usually like to stay in the 30-40 range but am not opposed to getting this for 40-50. Right now I am looking around for the best deal. Can someone maybe though compare it to something from Burberry if it can be. As those are the fragrances I am most familiar with. If it can't compare I understand I will just have to experience this blindly but sounds very alluring.

CologneFan85

I have decants of One million for free if you are interested btw. I'm not a fan of it and the huge bottle is going to waste. I personally cant find a connection to Chanel to Burberry other then its closest to Bur Sport or Bur touch...

I definitely would be. I have heard that it has become really popular. I have never smelled it. I am pretty much blind buying as I do pretty much all my shopping online. I read on here though that a good place to find some designer fragrances for cheap/discounted is TJ Max and Marshalls. I would definitely enjoy Chanel if it is someone similar to Touch. I just sprayed Burberry original and I forgot how much I liked it. I am pulling this one out for tomorrow. Double black has a very unique blend I would definitely have to get a decant of that to see if it works well with me. Btw I totally had to look up what decants was...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey can anyone tell me the best way to tell if a bleu de chanel is a fake. I just purchased one off of ebay for about $60. This seller has quite a few of that and other chanels and many other fragrences. The seller has had only 141 in sales in the last 12 months. With one bad review not even related to cologne. There were no reviews of the mens chanel fragrance but everyone seems happy. So I was wondering if it is a pretty safe bet that it is legit. I have seen other sellers that have more feedback but nothing over 1000 with more negative feedback. And more concerning to me is that many of them have been claims of fake Chanel women fragrences. Especially concerning is that these are all recent. So I was thinking maybe they had gotten bad stock of the women fragrance so I didn't want to take a chance on the mens. Anyway I would also like to know the best way to spot a fake Bleu de Chanel.
    Thank You guys you all have been really helpful.
    Antimatter-Chicago