Code of Conduct

Default More versatile "classic" for casual/daily wear: Vintage M7 or Chanel Egoiste?

Not necessarily which is the better scent, but which do you feel "fits the bill" more for everyday casual wear and is the most "versatile" of the two?

I have to say, while the openings of each don't necessarily blow me away, I truly do appreciate the beauty of each one's drydown and their "classic" nature. However, I'm just not sure which one I'd choose yet to wear on a more consistent basis...

Default Re: More versatile "classic" for casual/daily wear: Vintage M7 or Chanel Egoiste?

Both great but my choice of the two would be Chanel Egoiste.

Default Re: More versatile "classic" for casual/daily wear: Vintage M7 or Chanel Egoiste?

Thanks hednic!

I'd say chanel Egoiste simply because I see M7 as mainly a cold weather/winter scent..
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

┐Si o No?

Egoiste is pretty versatile and can be a work scent and pretty much worn for almost any occasion at any time. M7 on the other hand is one of the least versatile fragrances I've come across. Even if you apply it lightly it comes across as heavy and dense. Wouldn't attempt to wear it to work either. The newer M7 Oud Absolute is much easier to wear, but so is M7 Fresh.

Of the two I'd have to agree that Egoiste is much more versatile. Especially the vintage M7 is one you need to target just the right time and place to wear.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

egoiste. m7 projects too much to be versatile for me.

Both very good, but, as others have said, M7 is very dark and woody, it really projects a mood.

cacio

For me, Egoiste is more versatile; even though I only wear it in the cold seasons, because it doesn't develop very well on my skin in the warm weather. As for my vintage M7, I only wear it in the freezing weather, as it could be very sweet.

I'm going to skip answering the direct question of which is more versatile for casual daily wear, because you ended your post by asking which you think you will wear on a more consistent basis. I find those to be two separate things all together.

I think you will get more consistent use out of Egoiste.

*also I must say I prefer M7 in the original formulation, but the new M7 Oud Absolute seemed to me toned down, less sweet and woodier. Which may make it more versatile for many.

Thanks for all of your answers guys...I appreciate everyone's take and opinions. I've been starting to lean the way of Egoiste being more versatile and easier to wear more often than the M7.

So, out of curiosity, when would you all think the best time/place to wear M7 would be? I do really enjoy the drydown, I'm just struggling to think when and to where I would actually where it.

A night out. Social gatherings. Like most other fragrances.