Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Heard at the Saks counter: New Creed 'Acqua' Line

Did a brief search and found nothing, so excuse me if this has already been repeated here on the forums.

Creed will be releasing between 4 and 6 new perfumes at the same time sometime in late Spring 2013.

The line has been designed by Erwin and is 'Acqua' inspired (which I don't know exactly what this means, but could possibly be along the lines of fresh/fruity/floral, I suppose). I was also told there would be a big release event (is this typical though? Probably not for individual releases, but for a new LINE, maybe so?)

Like I said, I haven't found this information posted anywhere else yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not The Encore version of Fiorentina (since that's only one frag, not several, and it was designed by Olivier, not Erwin).

Has anyone else heard about this?

btw, I registered here back in 2004 and can't seem to remember what my original handle was. So pardon the 'noob' status - I've been lurking and reading Basenotes before they added female frags.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Heard at the Saks counter: New Creed 'Acqua' Line

Quote Originally Posted by inscenity View Post
    btw, I registered here back in 2004 and can't seem to remember what my original handle was. So pardon the 'noob' status - I've been lurking and reading Basenotes before they added female frags.
    Here are the people that registered in 2004 and later-- maybe one of the names will click?

http://www.basenotes.net/memberlist....&sort=joindate

Dang, 4 to 6 at once?! Now Creed is copying Bond!

If that's true, you'd think with the popularity of Aventus at least one of the new crop will have some common traits with it.

This is awesome, thanks OP for the news. I've been actually waiting for someone to post here about upcoming Creed frags because I haven't heard much of a major buzz since Aventus.

I was let down with the latest new release, Acqua Fiorentina Encore. Not that it's a bad scent (I haven't even smelled it), but I was really waiting for a new male fragrance release from Creed. Hopefully at least one of the 4-6 new fragrances would be masculine leaning.

And yes, releasing 4-6 frags at once is quite a lot. Maybe it's a brand new line, like the Royal Exclusives.

Most Creeds seem to lead on the aqua side already; Millesime Imperial, Erolfa, Silver Mountain Water, Jardin D'Almafi, Acqua Florentina, Royal Water.

I would like to see them push the envelop and develop some heavier scents. Their line is full of fresh fragrances
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Sound Scents

No interest in acqua Creeds for me, but I am sure they will be popular...
    Last edited by drseid; 14th December 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Most Creeds seem to lead on the aqua side already; Millesime Imperial, Erolfa, Silver Mountain Water, Jardin D'Almafi, Acqua Florentina, Royal Water.

I would like to see them push the envelop and develop some heavier scents. Their line is full of fresh fragrances
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

I agree, especially as many of the more substantive classics are now discontinued.

Very interesting and on my to try list when they are released and lets hope Erwin is as good as his father, only time will tell.

something else that will last for about an hr? ugh.. well lets keep our fingers crossed and see.

Although I like a good number of Creeds I agree that many of their more recent offerings have been on the lighter aqua side so this really doesn't shock me.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Curious to see what comes of this also.

I fear Erwin's hand will create some more insulting shampoo disasters like "Original Cologne / Pure White Cologne".

Sounds interesting, but I'll also echo that many Creeds lean more on the lighter/short-lasting side and would have liked to see them add some heady fragrances. An Acqua version of Creeds will almost assuredly not help them in converting those who complain of the short durations, personally I just want them to smell amazing and maybe than I can justify buying more bottles.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Just bring back the greycaps already!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I confirmed this with Luis from the Madison Ave Creed boutique. 4 to be released together around April and 2 later in the year. No word on what they will be...except he stated that it is a new "Acqua Line".....

Quote Originally Posted by TR10 View Post
    I confirmed this with Luis from the Madison Ave Creed boutique. 4 to be released together around April and 2 later in the year. No word on what they will be...except he stated that it is a new "Acqua Line".....

Well good. I'm glad someone could verify my original post. Thanks.

Did he also tell you what CREED's plan was for Royal Oud?

I was going to write what I found out, but decided to hold off for the time being until someone could verify the content of the original post.

@30Roses: I'll look into it. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I concur. Fresh is nice, sure. But the heavier more masculine scents are way better (imho)

I will be anxiously awaiting their arrival... Been looking forward to something new from Creed!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Really anxious to find out any updates regarding the new Creed fragrance(s).

Especially if a release date has been announced/leaked yet.

Bumping this thread. I eagerly await what Creed's new fragrance be like whether it's a mainstream frag or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Bumping this thread. I eagerly await what Creed's new fragrance be like whether it's a mainstream frag or not.
    Back a few months ago, I remember seeing photos from a Creed event where this line was shown to the public for the first time. I'm assuming people got a chance to sample it. Very curious to see what the initial impressions are.

I mentioned this line to the Creed rep at Neiman Marcus today. You'd have thought I had leprosy. She scoffed when I mentioned basenotes as where I had heard about this. She basically ridiculed our site. Ticked me off. She'd never heard of the new line.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I mentioned this line to the Creed rep at Neiman Marcus today. You'd have thought I had leprosy. She scoffed when I mentioned basenotes as where I had heard about this. She basically ridiculed our site. Ticked me off. She'd never heard of the new line.
    If that was Nasreen, I wouldn't be surprised

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Unfortunately, I have found the Creed SA's at Neimans not be be the brightest bulb on the planet. Creed keeps information very close to the vest. Not even the people at their own Boutique know much about the line, other than they know it is coming.

I recently visited the Creed corner at the Printemps store in Paris and the Creed rep confirmed the announced release of an "Acqua" line.
    She said it was expected for spring / summer 2014. No more info...

Quote Originally Posted by inscenity View Post
    Did a brief search and found nothing, so excuse me if this has already been repeated here on the forums.

Creed will be releasing between 4 and 6 new perfumes at the same time sometime in late Spring 2013.

The line has been designed by Erwin and is 'Acqua' inspired (which I don't know exactly what this means, but could possibly be along the lines of fresh/fruity/floral, I suppose). I was also told there would be a big release event (is this typical though? Probably not for individual releases, but for a new LINE, maybe so?)

Like I said, I haven't found this information posted anywhere else yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not The Encore version of Fiorentina (since that's only one frag, not several, and it was designed by Olivier, not Erwin).

Has anyone else heard about this?

Blog Entries

Apparently, they just debuted the new line officially at Exsense. The only report I've heard is "nice, but weak".

From Cafleurbon: "I wandered into the Creed booth because I noticed some unfamiliar bottles. There is a new collection coming soon called Acqua Originale (Asian Green Tea, Cedre Blanche, Aberdeen Lavandar, Geranium Vetiver, and Iris Tuberose), which has a whole new look. I need to smell them again, because as the name suggests, the scents are quite light, and my nose was getting tired. They were promising on first sniff, though."
    Last edited by rogalal; 21st March 2014 at 05:00 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Want all now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Want all now.
    Likewise!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hmmm...my curiosity is piqued, but given that it's Creed, I'm slightly skeptical. Guess I'll have to take a wait and see attitude.

My thoughts, creed is over rated to a high degree it's basically a few that do it for entire line itself, SMW, VIW, Vetiver etc. they say the company has been existent since 1700's (although no documentatioal evidence to support this) I would say with aventus being one it's heavy hitters they would be silly not market their fragrances based in of their most popular one which btw goes well with young and old.
    Last edited by LoveCologne89; 22nd March 2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Mistake

Creed is definitely over rated! It's also a cologne people like to say 'I payed this much for it' no doubt it has a few head turners and conversation started with a few of their scents but for their price range overall people only buy the ones they would truly want which seem to be the same half dozen over and over again!

Blog Entries

I'm very curious what kind of reaction the green tea scent gets from my wife and her friends. They are all total connoisseurs of green tea, and one of them is an instructor of tea ceremony.

My wife will go snarky on green tea products at the drop of a hat, but the reality is that she buys them like crazy. Green tea ice cream and snacks are normal fare around here. In fragrance, tea, fruits, and rose are all very big for her. Creed has not wowed her with tea yet, but she loves Creed, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one holds up against her nose.

PS - Hey, there, LoveCologne - Welcome to Basenotes!

Just ignore Creed's marketing - they were a luxury goods company back in the day, and that was mostly woven and leather goods. Whether or not they actually rejuvenated old formulas or created a backstory out of whole cloth doesn't really matter - the simple question is whether they smell great to you and others. D'Orsay does this, too - ask Primrose - she knows all the details on that one. Creed has nothing on D'Orsay in terms of prize-winning literature! Although Krigler may be the biggest kid on the block in terms of creative writing at this point! Marilyn Monroe wore an Angel spin-off, if you can believe their story with your nose!

If people want to debate Creed marketing, they need to read up on all the old, locked threads first. No need to rehash all that stuff - water under the bridge!

Great old article here, by the way: http://perfumedpolitics.blogspot.com...-pasts-of.html

The author is a fan of some of the older-styled Creeds, and also a BN member who drops in from time to time.

Basenotes Institution

Notes and a breakdown of each scent is on Now Smell This now:

Creed has launched Acqua Originale, a new collection of five fragrances for spring / summer 2014: Asian Green Tea, Vetiver Geranium, Aberdeen Lavander (it is spelled that way on the bottle), Cedre Blanc and Iris Tubereuse.

Asian Green Tea ~ a green floral; "The Dawn envelops the lighty [sic] fruits and wakes the mandarine, limes, petitgrain and bergamot pulps with softness." With bergamot, lemon, mandarin, neroli, blackcurrant, heliotrope, rose, green tea, violet, amber, musk and sandalwood.

Vetiver Geranium ~ a citrus floral; "We are behind the shadows of trees, wild roses and geranium are all around us, as an enchanting balm for a sweet evening." With bergamot, lemon, green apple, cinnamon, geranium, rose, amber, cedar, musk and patchouli.

Aberdeen Lavander ~ a green floral; "When the East, its voluptuous patchouli leaves and its vetiver resin, come in contact with the West and its mauve lavender, its rosemary, iris/rose all mixed with its wormwood… for a perfect harmony." With wormwood, bergamot, lemon, rosemary, lavender, lily of the valley, rose, tuberose, leather, patchouli and vetiver.

Cedre Blanc ~ a woody floral; "Jasmine and geraniums blend with the white cedra to creates a warm and free movement." With bergamot, cardamom, laurel, geranium, jasmine, lily of the valley, white cedar, sandalwood and vetiver.

Iris Tubereuse ~ a white floral; "Made with royal notes such as lys and lily of the valley. We feel like lying on violet leaves, surrounded by orange and a slice of vanilla. Iris Tubéreuse makes us feel like we are in a garden, ready to live a beautiful story." With violet leaf, galbanum, orange, lily, tuberose, orange blossom, musk and vanilla.

Creed Acqua Originale Asian Green Tea, Vetiver Geranium, Aberdeen Lavander, Cedre Blanc and Iris Tubereuse can be found now at Nose in France, 100 ml Eau de Parfum, €149.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

There's also an old article about it here
    http://www.basenotes.net/content/198...ine-at-Esxence

Plus another closed thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...new-from-Creed
    Last edited by lpp; 7th May 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Notes and a breakdown of each scent is on Now Smell This now:
    Interestingly they are 100ml.

As mentioned in the other thread, full bottle and samples are available at nose.fr. Here's one of the bottles: http://nose.fr/en/brands/creed/vetiver-geranium

Surprised it's only 149 Euros.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks lpp
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Happy to see the pricing. I had a feeling these would be more affordable than the regular line, the bottles look a bit cheap. Wonder how they smell.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Happy to see the pricing. I had a feeling these would be more affordable than the regular line, the bottles look a bit cheap. Wonder how they smell.
    Same. I'm surprised, but pleasantly surprised at the price. I really hope they smell good and are worth owning.

am i missing something? why is it called an "Acqua line" if they are all described as FLORALS??? i was expecting (and hoping) that it would be aquatic-based scents, much like Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo line.

for those wondering about price, they are priced low on purpose. to be more "accessible" to a wider audience.

too bad they are all feminine. the sausage king is itching for a new Creed....

Floral fragrances can still be aquatic. And I'd smell them first before you claim that they're all feminine. I have a feeling they'll be mostly unisex.

That "Asian Green Tea, & Vetiver Geranium" sounds like a home run! Im definitely a buyer after reading the notes on these two:

Asian Green Tea ~ a green floral; "The Dawn envelops the lighty [sic] fruits and wakes the mandarine, limes, petitgrain and bergamot pulps with softness." With bergamot, lemon, mandarin, neroli, blackcurrant, heliotrope, rose, green tea, violet, amber, musk and sandalwood.

Vetiver Geranium ~ a citrus floral; "We are behind the shadows of trees, wild roses and geranium are all around us, as an enchanting balm for a sweet evening." With bergamot, lemon, green apple, cinnamon, geranium, rose, amber, cedar, musk and patchouli.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    As mentioned in the other thread, full bottle and samples are available at nose.fr. Here's one of the bottles: http://nose.fr/en/brands/creed/vetiver-geranium

Surprised it's only 149 Euros.
    $207 a pop.

Default Heard at the Saks counter: New Creed 'Acqua' Line

I corresponded with an English gentleman who was able to get his hands on a preview in April. He told me that Asian Green Tea & Aberdeen Lavander are the most masculine (he likened the Aberdeen to Caron pour un homme). Iris Tubereuse was the least. Kinda gives me hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mercutio; 7th May 2014 at 11:05 PM.
    KCCO!

Why does Creed need another masculine, vanilla lavender? They already have the wonderful Royal Scottish Lavender. Vetiver Geranium sounds good, but I doubt Creed sprung for the raw materials to make it work. I take that back because of the green apple.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Why does Creed need another masculine, vanilla lavender? They already have the wonderful Royal Scottish Lavender. Vetiver Geranium sounds good, but I doubt Creed sprung for the raw materials to make it work. I take that back because of the green apple.
    I very much hope they keep RSL - the way the grey-caps are being decimated these days...

According to the "masculinity-femininity" gauge at the site below, only one of the 5 is even considered unisex, and that's the Aberdeen Lavander. All the others are rated feminine.

That goes directly against what a Creed Boutique salesman told me. I was told they are all considered unisex except Iris Tubereuse.

Maybe these feminine bottles make sense now.

http://nose.fr/en/brands/creed/les-n...le-creed-file2
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I was told in an email from Creed customer service that they will be available for presale June 25th and they have no samples available.

KCCO!

Default Is there a release date yet for the new CREED AQUA ORIGINALE line?

Is there a release date yet for the new CREED AQUA ORIGINALE line?

Default Re: Is there a release date yet for the new CREED AQUA ORIGINALE line?

Try looking here:

http://nose.fr/

Hi!

We'll merge this with one of the existing threads - the info. is there..

Thanks.

I was told June 28th. Regardless, folks on the Creed's mailing list will receive an email...

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I was told in an email from Creed customer service that they will be available for presale June 25th and they have no samples available.

Anyone on these boards sniff them yet? I've seen some reviews elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    Try looking here:

http://nose.fr/
    sucks everything is in french! even google translation is useless here.

Default Heard at the Saks counter: New Creed 'Acqua' Line

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Go scroll down to the new parfums and then scroll by the left and right screen prompts, they are £149.00 each

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    You can switch to english, there's a small icon in the upper right corner

The five new ones are available for pre-order at Essenza Nobile. Will be released on July 7th.

http://essenza-nobile.de/fragrances/creed/
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The five new ones are available for pre-order at Essenza Nobile. Will be released on July 7th.

http://essenza-nobile.de/fragrances/creed/
    Thanks for the heads up. The prices at Essenza are much higher than nose.fr (195 EUR vs 149 EUR). Wonder what the price will be in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. The prices at Essenza are much higher than nose.fr (195 EUR vs 149 EUR). Wonder what the price will be in the US.
    Actually it comes to 163 Euros/ 100ml after VAT is taken off shipped which is a little better. My guess is that the figure quoted on the French site doesn't include shipping, but not sure.