Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Creed Acqua Originale collection

https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...ale-collection

Anybody tried these yet? Apparently exclusive to Selfridges here in the UK at the moment. Can't get over to Oxford St until week after next but looking forward to smelling these. Asian green tea sounds nice.

Default Re: Creed Acqua Originale collection

Hi!
    There's an existing thread on this so we'll merge them.
    Thanks!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: Heard at the Saks counter: New Creed 'Acqua' Line

It will be interesting to see the scent reports coming in on these. I'm particular interested in the Asian Green Tea fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi!
    There's an existing thread on this so we'll merge them.
    Thanks!
    Thanks Lpp, I did have a quick look before posting but didn't look hard enough. I don't come in the general discussion as often as I should so missed this thread. Thanks for the speedy work/fix!

You're welcome, darcy666

Basenotes Plus

Default Creed Acqua Originale Collection For Sale in UK

Just seen this link from Creed in Facebook..

https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...Originale%20FB
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Default Re: Creed Acqua Originale Collection For Sale in UK

Hi!
    There's an existing thread so we'll merge them.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It will be interesting to see the scent reports coming in on these. I'm particular interested in the Asian Green Tea fragrance.
    A potential rival to your beloved Murdock tea

Got an e-mail from the Manhattan Boutique that samples would probably be available later this months or soon afterwards.

I have samples coming this monday/tuesday. A shop I have good relations with have already received them (can't sell them yet though) and are sending me samples with an order i placed. A friend of mine alreade smelled them and fell in love with Asian Tea and Aberdeen Lavender. Don't know how to take that, he is quite a Creed fan...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Finally smelled the new Creed Acqua Originale line

Went into the Creed boutique in NYC today and smelled the testers for the new Acqua Originale line. There is not purchasable bottles until the end of the month only testers to smell.

Off the bat, one of the workers told me the best ones are Cedre Blanc and Asian Green tea.

My favorite so far is the cedre blanc. The asian green tea smells very very similar to royal water IMO and I wasnt too impressed.
    The geranium vetiver isnt that great and neither is aberdeen lavender.

I ended up going 4 blocks up and buying a large bottle of bond bleecker st. which is my signature scent for 2014 and just ran out of yesterday.

Highly disappointed by the new creed line. I was hoping to find a new aventus, git, or smw in terms of a complete standout and an instant classic as I have waited 8 months to smell these since I first heard about them.

Highly disappointing if you have your hopes up high like I did, although I might purchase a bottle of Cedre Blanc.

Default Re: Finally smelled the new Creed Acqua Originale line

Thanks for your initial impressions. Looking forward with anticipation to their releases.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for your report. I'm not too surprised by your report, as I have heard that most of the new 5 were very feminine. However, I also heard that only one of the new 5 was considered feminine, while the rest were considered unisex. So I'm not sure what to think.

What did you think? Would you say they are mostly feminine or unisex?

Do you think the main reason you were not more impressed was due to the fragrances being too feminine, or did you just not care for the fragrances?
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Good call on Bleecker Street - Incredible scent!

I am sad to hear that the new Creeds don't seem to be stellar. But, in a way, that is ok - I can focus on the other ones that are already on my "To Buy" list without having to add 4 more to it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I am looking forward to checking these out when they finally make it to my neck of the woods....(I still haven't seen the new TdF flanker and Frederic Malle at my local mall yet ). I am looking forward the the Green Tea and Vetiver/Geranium ones.

well as everyone has a different olfactory. Some people smoke cigars and cigarettes, and some people are pet owners which tend to have a different take on smells.

Overall, I suppose when those new bottle surface I'll give them a try.

Take a trip to MINNYC when you get a chance. You can sample a bunch of niche there also. The staff is friendly and pretty knowledgeable.

Yes, After calling MINNYC to request samples of their Mancer Wind Wood, they were friendly. They didn't not have a sample of that yet but expect too in 2 weeks. I'm not really all that surprised by your reactions to the new creed line. I figured they would be light and cologne strength. I am satisfied with my Creed collection and will test these when I get the chance, but in no rush.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I have ordered samples from the Creed UK website, they are all on there now. They have them all as unisex
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    2. Tom Ford Costa Azzurra
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

Basenotes Institution

Could you elaborate a bit more of the lavender one?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Cedrac blanc hah! Will have to get my nose on it pronto
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Are these EDT's or EDP's? I noticed that they're way cheaper than there other frags, they're like $150 I believe.

I am not sure whether edp or edt but the guys behind the counter did say they last all day, which I call bs on because the cedre blanc I could hardly smell 3 hours later.
    I forgot which one it was but it was very musky so they are not all feminine smelling. They are light fresh aquatics... the asian green tea kept reminding me of an inferior version of royal water. However although the cedre blanc was fading (maybe olfactory) I also had it sprayed on a card which I kept putting my nose to. This will probably be the favorite amongst creed lovers.

Just what what the market needs, yet more boring but expensive aquatics....yawn.

Hi!
    Just merging with the existing thread about this line.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    the asian green tea kept reminding me of an inferior version of royal water.
    Ouch. Royal Water is my least favorite Creed too. Curious to see how these are like.

Looking forwards to getting my hands on them.

I also stopped by Creed in NYC to try Acqua Originale.
    I now know why they call the collection Acqua. They have the similar transparency that the Royal Exclusives have.
    Iris Tuberose is definately for women. To me it's like a wearable Carnal Flower. Also the Aberdeen Lavander reminds me of Shalimar through screens of water. Cedre Blanc is amazing. It's white creamy soft woods .Asian Green Tea is heavy on some kind of berry with a clear dose of tea. A little sweet for me but I can see why people will go Gaga over. Vetiver Geranium was very different than the earthy flower I imagined. It's fresh apple/minty notes with fresh Vetiver. I jumped on the wait list for Cedre Blanc and the Vetiver.
    They're all definitely unisex with the exception of Tuberose. I wasn't sure I liked the new bottle design until I held it int hand and felt the weight of the glass. Creed quality all the way.

Thanks for the report! Nice to know most are unisex.

Any idea if they might be getting any samples?
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

They made me a sample of Cedre and Vetiver in a small glass vial. Luis always takes great care of me.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeofmadison View Post
    I also stopped by Creed in NYC to try Acqua Originale.
    I now know why they call the collection Acqua. They have the similar transparency that the Royal Exclusives have.
    Iris Tuberose is definately for women. To me it's like a wearable Carnal Flower. Also the Aberdeen Lavander reminds me of Shalimar through screens of water. Cedre Blanc is amazing. It's white creamy soft woods .Asian Green Tea is heavy on some kind of berry with a clear dose of tea. A little sweet for me but I can see why people will go Gaga over. Vetiver Geranium was very different than the earthy flower I imagined. It's fresh apple/minty notes with fresh Vetiver. I jumped on the wait list for Cedre Blanc and the Vetiver.
    They're all definitely unisex with the exception of Tuberose. I wasn't sure I liked the new bottle design until I held it int hand and felt the weight of the glass. Creed quality all the way.
    Great first impressions. Thank you.

I have tried them all and have to say I think they are a complete disappointment. The stand outs for me were Asian Green Tea and Iris Tuberose but I will be purchasing none of them. They are all very light and not detectable after a couple of hours with the exception of Iris Tuberose. It is clear Creed is going down a different direction with these are they are very different to their usual offerings.

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk

Acqua line?? a watered down Creed, thought they were already watered down???

I've tried them as well and they smell like refined or glorified eaux de cologne with too little staying power and very little projection. Asian Tea and Aberdeen Lavender seemed the best for me, but I'm kinda dissappointed.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Acqua line?? a watered down Creed, thought they were already watered down???
    Living dangerously

Cedre Blanc and Geranium Vetiver will probably get my attention. Vetiver is tough for me to turn down..

i have now had time to sample all 5 of these new "Acqua" fragrances from CREED.

i am a LOOONG time fan/collector of Creed scents. i have smelled/owned literally all of them with the exception of Bayhrum Vetiver (damn it!). take that for what it's worth...

I will start new threads on each of these fragrances because I do believe they are worth it.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: If you are a Creed fan, you will be very very pleasantly surprised with this collection. Upon hearing the price point, i thought they would be less than spectacular. not so. Creed fans generally gravitate toward light, French-style perfumery - rooted in showcasing natural elements at their elemental best. this Acqua line holds true and well to that standard. there are less notes than their regular lineup, and the presentation is more "forward", and therefore can be had at lower cost. but do not confuse simplicity (or lower cost) with lower quality. That said, if you are not a Creed fan, you will be bored by these. Go back to your gaudy Amouages with 274 notes crammed together. Go back to Serge Lutens with longevity that can be measured on a calendar. That's not the point here...

Also, while the names at first left me scratching my head saying "none of these names are synonymous with 'aquatic'"... the overall effect is very aquatic. i think that's the artistic brilliance of the line, honestly. they took notes (green tea, cedar, lavender, vetiver, etc) that aren't usually associated with an aquatic/oceanic vibe and MADE them so. not so much MORE than the sum of its parts, but DIFFERENT than the sum of its parts.

Again, i would advise not looking at the price point and thinking that these are "lesser" Creeds. after all, their asking price is still relatively very high. some are more successful than others, but i find genuine quality of ingredients here. certainly no less so than in their main line. now, compared to their Royal Exclusive line, there is not the depth of character nor delicate interplay of notes. Cedre Blanc, for example, is reminiscent of both Royal Oud as well as Spice and Wood. But while it's not as developed or intricate, it certainly shares the same high-notes that made you love RO and S&W in the first place.

overall, i'll say that i'm impressed. some are very familiar to the Creed family (Cedre Blanc, Aberdeen Lavander, Iris Tuberose). others smell like nothing Creed has ever attempted before (Asian Green Tea, Vetiver Geranium).

whatever the case, they are NOT "watered-down Creeds".

Great to hear! I hope they will be offering a sample coffret here in the US soon.

AbeFromin got banned for making multiple threads?

I thought it was an honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    AbeFromin got banned for making multiple threads?

I thought it was an honest mistake.
    He got banned because he was nasty to everyone, and that's putting it lightly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    I am looking forward to checking these out when they finally make it to my neck of the woods....(I still haven't seen the new TdF flanker and Frederic Malle at my local mall yet ). I am looking forward the the Green Tea and Vetiver/Geranium ones.
    Vetiver Geranium is the best one of the bunch... Starts off green and sharp quite wet also yet very polished -intoxicating!!! Can't wait for it to hit the boutique in the city...

The new line is available now on www.creedboutique.com

Unfortunately, no coffret is available on the US site.

$300/100 mL: MORE expensive ($/mL) than their regular line!!
    Last edited by tensor9; 23rd June 2014 at 06:35 PM.

I'll sniff them if I get the chance, but they don't sound interesting to me at this time.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The price point gives no impression that they're lesser

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Ok I'll smell these soon.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 23rd June 2014 at 10:33 PM.

Will sample, but probably won't buy until they pop up on Fragrancenet.

The new line is available now on www.creedboutique.com

Unfortunately, no coffret is available on the US site.

Can save about $75 per 100ml bottle (around $222 at current exchange) buy purchasing them abroad with free shipping, provided a certain purchase threshold limit is met.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can save about $75 per 100ml bottle (around $222 at current exchange) buy purchasing them abroad with free shipping, provided a certain purchase threshold limit is met.
    I just looked a FiF - it looks like the "free shipping" threshold is now 300 euros. Wasn't it much higher before? I thought it was 800 euros or something like that a while back. I will have to start shopping there again if that is the case.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I just looked a FiF - it looks like the "free shipping" threshold is now 300 euros. Wasn't it much higher before? I thought it was 800 euros or something like that a while back. I will have to start shopping there again if that is the case.
    Yes it went down
    from 600 euros. These can also be gotten from Essenza Nobile where the threshold for shipping is even lower at 180 Euros.

Thanks! All I need to do now is get my hands on some samples of these, so I can try them out.

Basenotes Member

Thanks! All I need to do now is get my hands on some samples of these, so I can try them out.
    Yes, same here.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk 2
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v6roqw.gif

My review of the new Acqua line.

Vetiver Geranium
    - Leafy citrus? This is the strongest frag from the line. Smells kind of sour as well. Nothing special.

Aberdeen Lavander - Smells like Musc Ravageur.

Iris Tuberose - Smells like Fire Island

Cedre Blanc - Smells like a sporty fragrance you could find at Macy's

Asian Green Tea - I was most excited to smell this one. It smells like apple tea.

Overall, I'm disappointed with Creed's new line. I'm not interested in any of these. These new frags cost more, but I can't say that any of these are better than any past Creed fragrance.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 27th June 2014 at 11:53 PM.

Vetiver Geranium
    - Leafy citrus? This is the strongest frag from the line. Smells kind of sour as well. Nothing special.

Iris Tuberose - Smells like floral version of Fire Island

Asian Green Tea - I was most excited to smell this one. It smells like apple tea.

Overall, I'm disappointed with Creed's new line. I'm not interested in any of these. These new frags cost more, but I can't say that any of these are better than any past Creed fragrance.
    Completely agree with your comments. These are not a patch not he royal exclusifs either.

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk

Yorkdale in Toronto has testers of all of them put out. It will be available to buy in August.

$300 for 100 mL is expensive though.

The bottles look much nicer in person and it has a nice heft and feel when holding it.

Vetiver Geranium (VG) reminds me of Vetiver 1948, I would consider it the feminine counterpart. The vetiver root is dominant.

Cedre Blanc is beautiful, also seemed like a feminine version of Spice and Wood, but not as much as the VG. I know some women wear S&W, but this is much lighter and softer.

Asian Green Tea is a muted Silver Mountain Water, minus the ink and black currant.

I think VG and Cedre Blanc will be the favorites.

The other two were forgettable, I'm going to need to smell them again.

Had the chance to sample all 5 frags over the weekend. I enjoyed them all but only plan on purchasing Cerdre Blanc and Aberdeen Lavander. 1 is a feminine, Iris Tuberuse. The remaining 4 lean feminine IMO, but all 4 very wearable by either sex. (Although IMO the bottles appear to be marketed towards women) I don't quite get the "Aqua" designation as none seem aquatic. In fact I find Aberdeen Lav and Vetiver Geranium somewhat heavier (for a Creed) and would consider them a fall-winter frag. I don't quite get Vetiver Geranium naming either, as Vetiver is not listed in the notes. I wore VG the most this weekend as I was undecided to purchase or not. In the end I decided it was a no go as it comes across somewhat perfumey and I don't see the occasion to wear it. Cerdre Blanc is a very light transparent floral dry woods...it's a skin scent after 30 min. and gone after about 3 hours. In someways reminds of MI, oddly enough. Asian green tea leans to fem for me...I think Pure white cologne is similar in its purpose and more masculine and wearable...IMO. Iris tuberose is quite beautifull and the dry down is spectacular. I plan on purchasing this for my wife(she has barely touched Flowers de Gardenia...lol...). The real star of the bunch is Aberdeen Lavander. A beautifull opening with the anise and lemon quickly morphing into the middle where I get Lavander and rose, after a few hours and gorgeous base of Amber, vanilla, patchouli, slight whiff of Vetiver to my nose. It reminds me of the base of L'air dessert Morrocain. Not exactly but in that vain but more restrained and natural/lighter. This will be my go to winter scent. My final thoughts: I'm not disappointed in this release. Very well done scents in typical Creed fashion. I don't understand the naming yet and I think there may be more to it then just the designation of an Aqua line of fragrances. It does seem to me these are more feminine releases (including bottle design) but wearable by men as well. The star of the bunch is Aberdeen Lavadar...

Default Aqua Originale Line By Creed

Received my samples from Creed Boutique and Neiman today. Oh boy, trouble. Asian Green Tea and Iris Tubereuse are too feminine. I'm wearing the Asian Green Tea right now and have been 5 hours already. Great longievity, but feminine. Samples is as far as I would go on a weekend for personal wearings. Tomorrow Cedre Blanc. Oh, and the bottles are nice, the caps are cheap and not snug.

C

Default Re: Aqua Originale Line By Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Cologniano View Post
    Received my samples from Creed Boutique and Neiman today. Oh boy, trouble. Asian Green Tea and Iris Tubereuse are too feminine. I'm wearing the Asian Green Tea right now and have been 5 hours already. Great longievity, but feminine. Samples is as far as I would go on a weekend for personal wearings. Tomorrow Cedre Blanc. Oh, and the bottles are nice, the caps are cheap and not snug.

C
    Merged the thread you started on this line into the existing discussion, Cologniano. Discuss away!

I've been sitting on samples of these since last week, finally had some time to try these out. Mind you, I'm nowhere as discerning a nose as some of you guys here, but here's my take.

Out of this group, Vetiver Geranium and Aberdeen Lavendar (really, what's up with the "a" in lavender?) stand out the most to me. Vetiver Geranium is a hushed, masculine scent that comes off brighter and more reserved than I anticipated. It's not deep, dark or indolic (dirty). But instead it's rather fresh, ethereal yet maintains a very masculine edge. The longevity though is a bit suspect - two wearings, first time it disappeared in under 4 hours, whereas the second wearing is lasting a bit longer since I've moved it to my spare pocket atomizer. And Vetiver Geranium's performance in 90+ degree weather as well as in-office conditions has been surprisingly well. One of these will probably become a signature scent for me. Safe, slightly different, wears well on my skin.

Aberdeen Lavandar is a bit different. It's... almost earthy but not dirty. Sorta like fresh rain while on your patio. It straddles the line of unisex quite well, but something about it is more complex during mid-notes to drydown. It almost flips a bit, goes from earthy-ish and damp to darn near clinical clean but warmer somehow. This kept me coming back for more, sniffing my arm every now-and-then, just to see if it had developed into something more.

Cedre Blanc reminds me of something else I've smelled before. Sadly, it's something I've smelled at one of those mall cologne kiosks. It might wear well if I give it a chance and drop some of the prejudices I've quickly have placed against it - it's pretty non-descript, but there's something there in the notes that bothers me (not sure which note it is). On paper, it's fine but on my skin... it's just boring. I can't escape that I've smelled this before somewhere.

Asian Green Tea and Iris Tuberose are a tad bit too feminine for my likes. And the wife doesn't seem to be a fan of them either.

I received my samples today of all of the new line except Iris. Sampling Asian Green Tea today.
    I have to agree with gerbick on this one. There is no way in hell this is unisex. It smells like a muted bond no. 9's Madison Square Park. A little disappointing because this was the one I was looking forward to the most. However, I would purchase it for my wife without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Vetiver Geranium

Iris Tuberose - Smells like Fire Island

Thanks for these concise impressions. These next-gen Creeds, namely the Royal Exclusives, have seemed inferior to the older Millesimes, and I'm not putting much into hoping the Aqua line is any better. Is it just me or are Creeds getting simpler as they get pricier?