Code of Conduct
    CologneFan85

Default Disappointing Creeds

Obviously most can agree that the house of Creed is top notch, but I am sure that there are a few out that most simply do not like. One that I hate is CREED BOIS DU PORTUGAL, in my opinion its overly Musky and simply reminds me of a "Old Woman's/Man's perfume" and its projection is very high and offensive to most I have encountered. I have been told once by my g/f that I need to get in the shower and wash that %$#t off! Anyone share a few or one Creeds that you don't like?

Default Re: Disappointing Creeds

Haven't found a Creed I dislike yet.

CologneFan85

I like about a quarter of their house at most. I have many decants to swap also btw

You could have this discussion about any house.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    You could have this discussion about any house.
    True, but it wasn't the question. I can go on about many others, post it to be narrowed down for that reason.

I agree about Bois du Portugal. Another one I absolutely hate is Original Vetiver, man that stuff is horrible.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Doggg View Post
    I agree about Bois du Portugal. Another one I absolutely hate is Original Vetiver, man that stuff is horrible.
    Looks like we agree on both, dont get me wrong I do own many Creeds though.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    One that I hate is CREED BOIS DU PORTUGAL, in my opinion its overly Musky and simply reminds me of a "Old Woman's/Man's perfume" and its projection is very high and offensive to most I have encountered.
    Let me guess, you're between the ages of 16-22, and prefer scents like 1 Million, and La Nuit de L'homme?

Also not too much of a fan of Bois du Portugal, but I still like the majority of their other fragrances.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Let me guess, you're between the ages of 16-22, and prefer scents like 1 Million, and La Nuit de L'homme?
    Actually no I am close to 30, One Million is cheap and synthetic and whom who don't like La Nuit YSl
    hasn't reaped the benefits from a long night out with the woman.

One Million is cheap and synthetic and whom who don't like La Nuit YSl
    The same could be said for La Nuit, and I'll thank you for not making unfounded assumptions about my personal life.

CologneFan85

The same could be said for La Nuit, and I'll thank you for not making unfounded assumptions about my personal life.
    This is coming from your previous statement assuming I am in my early 20's etc We can agree to disagree ...Be well

This is coming from your previous statement assuming I am in my early 20's etc We can agree to disagree ...Be well
    Haha true. You too bud!

Royal Water and Royal Oud didn't really impress me.

Royal water

Sound Scents

In my case, the default for Creed has been disappointment, so maybe it is easier to list the ones that I do like. Green Irish Tweed, MI and Himalaya all impressed me enough to make purchases, admittedly at significantly discounted prices to retail. I would not have paid full retail on any of them with the possible exception of Green Irish Tweed. I have not cared much for the others I have tried from Creed despite their admitted popularity here and elsewhere (well, Virgin Island Water was OK, I guess).
    Last edited by drseid; 15th December 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Typo
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I just got a bunch of samples and silver mountain water is orgasmic while the rest were ok I guess

Himalaya smelled like a knockoff SMW and Green Irish Tweed I liked but didnt last long at all

Creeds are "ok" for me at the least. But I still cannot justify spending so much $$$ on a bottle, as I still have a lot of designer perfumes that I like more.

Obviously most can agree that the house of Creed is top notch, but I am sure that there are a few out that most simply do not like. One that I hate is CREED BOIS DU PORTUGAL, in my opinion its overly Musky and simply reminds me of a "Old Woman's/Man's perfume" and its projection is very high and offensive to most I have encountered. I have been told once by my g/f that I need to get in the shower and wash that %$#t off! Anyone share a few or one Creeds that you don't like?
    You may be onto something CologneFan85. I am an old woman and Bois Du Portugal is my favorite Creed. I dislike Love in Black.

I mean, like someone said, you could say this about any house. I don't think anyone who is serious about fragrances puts Creed on a pedestal if they spend any amount of time on this site...however, they are my favorite house due to the versatility of their fragrances, as well as some amazing scents.

As for ones I don't really like, I wasn't impressed with Original Santal at all. It wasn't that spicy, it wasn't that smooth, and it dies on my skin in only a few hours (a rare thing for me with Creeds, thankfully). Outside of that, I've liked all of them that I have tried. Admittedly, I'm not one who can really pull off wearing Silver Mountain Water, and it smells way better on my mom for some reason. I find it odd because I love and can pull off MI without an issue.

Out of the ones I've tried, the only one I really haven't like was MI. All I could smell was chemical salt with the slightest hint of melon.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    You may be onto something CologneFan85. I am an old woman and Bois Du Portugal is my favorite Creed. I dislike Love in Black.
    I mean that as in "MATURE" harsher scents most tend to wear at a older age. I wonder to why that is?

To me, it's Royal Water, other than that, I don't find any other Creed particularly disappointing.

I haven't yet found a Creed I liked. Green Irish Tweed has nice topnotes, but I strongly dislike metallic/water notes in any fragrance, so that pretty much counts me out from the entire masculine/unisex line. To be fair, I like Love in White if I apply it before bed and then fall asleep before it dries down.

I find all Creeds remarkable regardless if I like the frag or not. It's like a niche fragrance house for beginners. For instance, Royal Oud, I don't like oud that much but I could wear that because its not that strong...same with Original Vetiver. Now for someone who has a nose for something strong in them notes then you be disappointed in this house. I live in Texas so Creeds is the best for the hot weather...its just rather relevant that this is one of my favorite niche house.

The only one that appealed to me enough to purchase was Silver Mountain Water but it disappears in a flash. For that kind of bank, I want more longevity. It could just be my own quirky, personal chem that chews it up. But I have friends that swear by their Creed. So glad we all have thousands of choices so we can all be happy in our addiction.

Some of the worst Creeds IMO..

Original Santal
    Royal Water
    Royal Delight
    Royal Service
    Pure White Cologne
    Love in Black

Basenotes Plus

I wasn't particularly impressed with these Creed 'crowd-pleasers':

Green Irish Tweed - too angular & too chemical
    Millesime Imperial - too shortlived & rather 'meh'
    Aventus - turns to sour BO under humid conditions

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't particularly impressed with these Creed 'crowd-pleasers':

Green Irish Tweed - too angular & too chemical
    Millesime Imperial - too shortlived & rather 'meh'
    Aventus - turns to sour BO under humid conditions

There are a couple nasty ones that came out by them. But to be honest as a house, to me almost all of their fragrances are "safe".

Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but you're not going to find anything out of the ordinary or exciting.

Also, too many offer poor longevity. I get them for dirt cheap or free because i have very good friend that works in the industry....But if i didnt, and i just paid $300 for a GIT that lasted 4 hours, i'd be VERY pissed.

Bois Du Portugal is very old lady. i also didnt care for silver mountain water. It reminded me of my nana (god rest her soul), but i don't want to smell like her.

I agree with aphexacid. Creeds only last about 4 hours tops on me.

I hated BdP at first but grew to appreciate it as a cold weather scent. I can see why many don't like it though.
    My biggest disappointment always comes with longevity. If Millesime Imperial could last at least 5 hours, it would probably be in my top 3 easily.
    Don't like Royal Water or Delight.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I loved Himalaya at first and now it makes me sick. Santal is sickly sweet and I actually can handle the sweeter frags.

Banned
    Blog Entries

green valley and royal water. i sold both bottles. also acier aluminum is ok but not worth the price tag.

Basenotes Plus

Funny. Bois du Portugal is one of my favorite Creeds. I can appreciate GIT's quality although it didn't impress me, but Royal Oud was an absolute "meh" moment for me.

So far the only Creed I could see myself paying retail for would be Virgin Island Water, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a sample to know for sure.

Basenotes Junkie

Never even sampled any. The house as a whole does not interest me in the slightest. There are lots of other frags on my need to sample list before I try anything from Creed.

Actually no I am close to 30, One Million is cheap and synthetic and whom who don't like La Nuit YSl
    Haha true. You too bud!
    Too funny!!!

Basenotes Plus

Actually I'm one of those people that really dig creed's stuff. Some of their stuff is kinda bland, but works wonderfully for mixing/layering. (SMW and MI are awesome with layering. i interlayer the creeds that i have. BdP+MI is pretty awesome). The only thing i've really been really disappointed is smelling the "pineapple batch" of aventus (i have the E01 smoky batch). Absolute crap compared to what i have IMO. Another thing is the price. the only one i feel is worth buying new so far from what i've smelled is the aventus bottle i have. (bought everything else used on forums)
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Millesime Imperiale. Did not like it at all. Do like most creeds.

Royal Oud... absolutely loved it, but not for the oud. Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, Aventus...all very tiresome. Spice and Wood...would be nice if it weren't actually painful to smell.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Aventus, MI, SMW, VIW and GIT are all masterpieces in my eyes. Himalaya is very good also.

Original Santal is the weakest link. While the projection and longevity are great, the base is very simplistic. A cliche vanilla/tonka that has been done dozens of times. It is a cinnamon bomb which I like, but what is missing is sandalwood (santal), it's marketing point! It just feels like part of a fragrance rather than a whole fragrance.