Code of Conduct

Default What do you think the trend of men's fragrance will smell like in the year 2050?

In the 80's, it is the powerhouse in your face burn your nostril fragrance type of fragrance... in the 90's, it is the aquatic acqua di gio type fragrance... now it's kind like the gourmand fragrance... what do you think men's fragrance will smell like in the year 2050?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: What do you think the trend of men's fragrance will smell like in the year 2050?

Thats way to far into the future to make a educated guess so it will have to be a fantasy what if guess....lol:

I think there might be a trend that we have had for food where you have "all natural ingredients" starting in Niche fragrances. Where the marketing is selling the concept that no synthetics go into their frags as it's all natural.

Default Re: What do you think the trend of men's fragrance will smell like in the year 2050?

...soylent green?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Oud will be be back, and bigger than ever.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in 2050 there won't be any fragrances from a bottle. I think people will still apply scents. but the way we apply them and the effect they have on the people around you will change drastically. Just like VHS tapes and record players, unless you're an old-school type person that doesn't want to let go of the past, all of our fragrances will become obsolete.

Regarding smell, I think they will be geared more towards chemical reactions than a specific type of scent. I think we will still have an amazing variety but the scents will be laced with more attractive chemicals compared to today.

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach View Post
    oud will be be back, and bigger than ever.
    lol!!

treeman5823

In 2050, people will finally understand and appreciate Robert Fripp's pointilistic Let Let the Power Fall.

Oh, and fragrances will all smell like Bulgari Black.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I think in 2050 there won't be any fragrances from a bottle. I think people will still apply scents. but the way we apply them and the effect they have on the people around you will change drastically. Just like VHS tapes and record players, unless you're an old-school type person that doesn't want to let go of the past, all of our fragrances will become obsolete.

Regarding smell, I think they will be geared more towards chemical reactions than a specific type of scent. I think we will still have an amazing variety but the scents will be laced with more attractive chemicals compared to today.
    I think fragrances will never become obsolete. Just as persons applied rose water to their bodies hundreds of years ago, so will people in the future seek to smell good. Humankind will always seek to attract one another with the assistance of fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

By 2050 fragrances will be totally electronic, transmitted to the chip embedded in everyone's brain. You will be able to pay for, and download any scent imaginable, unencumbered by IFRA restrictions.

The scent-file will be on your phone and transmitted to the brains of all those around you. The closer they are, the stronger the scent.

Creed will constantly tweak their software and it will be debated which revision is the best.
    Randall

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Thats way to far into the future to make a educated guess so it will have to be a fantasy what if guess....lol:

I think there might be a trend that we have had for food where you have "all natural ingredients" starting in Niche fragrances. Where the marketing is selling the concept that no synthetics go into their frags as it's all natural.
    Hmm....edible undies.....edible colognes!

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    By 2050 fragrances will be totally electronic, transmitted to the chip embedded in everyone's brain. You will be able to pay for, and download any scent imaginable, unencumbered by IFRA restrictions.

The scent-file will be on your phone and transmitted to the brains of all those around you. The closer they are, the stronger the scent.

Creed will constantly tweak their software and it will be debated which revision is the best.
    Absolutely brilliant! I can't wait. Best laugh I've had this week . . . cheers . . . Wally

Post Thanks / Like

Oakmoss -- the real deal, not some synthetic reconstruction -- will make a comeback in a big way in 2050. Unfortunately, the abundance of oakmoss will be a side effect of the conquest of Earth by an advanced alien species -- frightful, ugly, cruel, but rather pleasant-smelling creatures who consume oakmoss for sustenance and force earthlings to harvest it in vast quantities.

Not to worry, though. In the year 2063, a rag-tag crew of outraged IFRA officials will lead a successful revolt against the aliens.

Post Thanks / Like

Random childhood memories. Crayons, erasers, pencil shavings, bubblegum, wet asphalt. At least I hope it is. Because I'm dying to wear some crayon
    The question that women casually shopping for perfume ask more than any other is this: "What scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume.
    ― Tania Sanchez, Perfumes: The Guide

treeman5823

Hmmm.... Has someone been reading LT's last Duftnote?

What was old is new again: soliflore eaux de Colognes!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Hmmm.... Has someone been reading LT's last Duftnote?

No...but since you mention it I looked it up. Luca Turin does it by squirting 200 "harmless" viruses up the nose (yuck!) and using different frequencies of light to create the fragrance. http://doublebasenotes.blogspot.com/...e-by-luca.html
    Randall

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they will have invented something to eradicate the obnoxious smells from politicians' Bullsh#t

Post Thanks / Like

When I consider how fragrances have changed since the birth of what I consider to be modern perfume (late 1800's) then I think in another fifty years will be fragrances made with a homeopathic angle. Essentially water with pretty labels, boxes and bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

you just read my mind...maybe you already have a brain chip...the voices wont stop
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i suspect it will be cyclical, rather than a trend toward any direction

I agree that scents will play into our lives in completely new ways and delivered through our glasses electronically or something along those line. Some new technology will come along that makes perfumery into an all new medium.