Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Has anyone randomly and immediately decided that you needed a certain fragrance?

I know I've been MIA for awhile, popping in randomly. I still wear fragrance every day and enjoy them, but I haven't really been eager to go out sniffing or trying anything new.

Yesterday I was sitting at work when an overwhelming urge came over me to buy a bottle of A*Men. The urge was so powerful that I actually braved the friggin' mall 10 days before Christmas just to pick one up! I showered with Axe Dark Temtation shower gel, put on the DT dry deo, and sprayed 4 times with A*Men. I. Smell. Delicious.

A*Men has never really been on my radar. Sure I've given it plenty of casual sniffs when I'm out and about, but it was never anything full bottle worthy until that urge came over me at work. I'm glad I bought it, but nothing like that has ever happened to me before?

What about you all?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Has anyone randomly and immediately decided that you needed a certain fragrance?

Creed Green Valley. Drove 90 miles to Nieman Marcus just for it. Came out of nowhere, sniffed it years prior.

Default Re: Has anyone randomly and immediately decided that you needed a certain fragrance?

Yes, several Yves Rocher, when I was testing for some gift purchases. And even aside from that, it rarely happens that, sometimes, I am so impressed by a scent, I need to purchase it immediately after the very first testing.

I have done this quite frequently over the years.

Overcome By Fumes

Bt,dt.

Yes, after not really liking my sample one day I had a really strong urge to buy APOM. I ordered it pretty much that day. I got it and it hit the spot. Then I never really wanted to wear it again and sold it.

Oh yes, frequently. I'll be daydreaming at work about fragrance, and one gets stuck in my head, and I have to go buy it immediately. The bottle of some obscure treasure that I remembered seeing at the mall -- I'll hop in my car and go search for it right now. Music works like this for me, too. It's fun to indulge whims like this now and then.

Yes. Have you eever tried B*Men ?

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I know I've been MIA for awhile, popping in randomly. I still wear fragrance every day and enjoy them, but I haven't really been eager to go out sniffing or trying anything new.

Yesterday I was sitting at work when an overwhelming urge came over me to buy a bottle of A*Men. The urge was so powerful that I actually braved the friggin' mall 10 days before Christmas just to pick one up! I showered with Axe Dark Temtation shower gel, put on the DT dry deo, and sprayed 4 times with A*Men. I. Smell. Delicious.

A*Men has never really been on my radar. Sure I've given it plenty of casual sniffs when I'm out and about, but it was never anything full bottle worthy until that urge came over me at work. I'm glad I bought it, but nothing like that has ever happened to me before?

What about you all?

Randomly? No. Immediately? All the time. I have probably purchased over 50 fragrances within 24 hours of smelling it for the 1st time.

Smell it. Love it. Gotta have it. Get it. Repeat.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

CologneFan85

All the time...Hence the reason most of us are on a fragrance message board... don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post

What about you all?
    Thank you, it just gave me an idea to use Lynx Dark Temptation shower gel and Deo with A-Men.

Would anybody know which other mass market deo's go with fragrances?

Don't know why, but I did that last summer with Chanel Allure Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Thank you, it just gave me an idea to use Lynx Dark Temptation shower gel and Deo with A-Men.

Dove Clean Comfort shower gel and deo goes with Cuba Gold and LeMale.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    All the time...Hence the reason most of us are on a fragrance message board... don't ya think?
    Well, not exactly. I don't have a ton of disposable income, and I have other hobbies to think about, so my frag purchases aren't done on a spur of the moment whim like I experienced yesterday. Sometimes I'll be out shopping for a fragrance but not really know what I'd end up with. I smell something I like and purchase it that day. Other times I revisit a scent often and give it a couple of sample wearings before I decide it's full bottle worthy. And other times I'll think of a scent I've had in the past and decide I'd like another bottle of it.

With A*Men, none of these situations applied. It's just something I've sniffed in the past and not really thought twice about. I bet it's even been a couple years since I last sniffed it, and I don't think I had ever actually tried a sample wearing. I get little whims a lot, but they're more to the tune of "Ooh salmon and green beans sounds wonderful for dinner tonight" or "I think I'll try a new class at the gym tonight" and not "I think I'll buy a fragrance I only have passing knowledge of and no idea how it'll act on my skin" (lucky for me, its quite lovely).

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post

My go-to deo is Mitchum Unscented just because it works with everything. When I want to mix it up a bit I use the Dark Temptation with my gourmands and Degree Cool Rush with my aquatics/citruses.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Usually I buy a fragrance after 24 hours of testing it. But in case of blind buys it never takes more than a few moments to decide
    Most recent Impulsive purchases were:
    1. Taste of Fragrance
    2. Lalique L'Hommage
    Last edited by staticx; 17th December 2012 at 06:47 AM.

Maybe not quite that impulsive, but I do get scents that I've sampled and thought were nice but a bit ordinary and not FBW, which I then get a sudden urge to have a full bottle of (Himalaya, I'm looking at you).

Default Instant grat

I impulsively purchased Jaialmer and Sequoia recently...i always loved the samples from 3 years ago...i just did it. I can't wait for all the lucky scent samples i purchased as well

Default Re: Instant grat

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    I impulsively purchased Jaialmer and Sequoia recently...i always loved the samples from 3 years ago...i just did it. I can't wait for all the lucky scent samples i purchased as well
    Actually, I could see that happening to me with any of the incense series, and Sequoia too.

lots of Lutens were bought this way

I had been wearing different samples to work for a couple of months and nobody seemed to notice, but that day when my co-worker said I smelled really great I had to have immediately make a $$$$ purchase.....Borneo 1834.