Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help me pick my birthday fume..

My birthday is two weeks from now and I am going on a daytrip to Milan tomorrow so I will have access to all the fume places and more..
    I probably should not be buying anything right now but I am still trying to decide between:
    31 Rue Cambon - amazing fragrance in cold weather, lasts and lasts and is very jewel-like in texture and feel, precious.
    Tom Ford Santal Blush - very warm and simmering, has a nice glow to it, suits me.
    Dior Privè Oud Ispahan- great take on oud, quite feminine, lasts forever, does occasional runs into the barnyard, gorgeous and unusual
    TDC Oud for Love - sexy, lazy, spicy. Quiet, but still very very sexy.

I really appreciate your ideas and advice. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me pick my birthday fume..

In your list, either rue Cambon or Oud Ipahan. Santal blush is nice, but at that point I wonder whether you shouldn't go all the way to Chanel bois des isles. In any case, I don't find rue Cambon too warm - but it's definitely jewel like. Oud Ispahan is plusher, sultry, and exotic. So it's really whether you want sultriness or not.

Last time I was in Milano I noticed quite a good distribution for Histoires de Parfums, many of which are worth smelling too (1740, Tubereuse la animale, etc)

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday in advance.
    Those are very nice choices. Frankly you can't go wrong.

I'd opt for Santal Blush or Oud Ispahan. They're exactly as you describe them.
    Would a buttery floral suit you or oud wood and plush rose?

for swap/sale:

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd second the Ispahan. I suppose if you live in Italy, it may not be that hard to get to Milan, but I was disappointed to discover that the Mazzolari line could not be found in Roma, Firenze, or Venezia when I visited a few years ago. If you do decide to go shopping, check it out. Best birthday wishes!

Dior Privè Oud Ispahan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    I'd second the Ispahan. I suppose if you live in Italy, it may not be that hard to get to Milan, but I was disappointed to discover that the Mazzolari line could not be found in Roma, Firenze, or Venezia when I visited a few years ago. If you do decide to go shopping, check it out. Best birthday wishes!
    Thank you for the brilliant suggestion. I did check the Mazzolari and fell in love with Lei. It's just so beautiful and now on my to-buy list! You are right, it should be distributed more. I thought Campomarzio had it in Rome but am not sure. Wow, the line does have a few stunners, so well made. Thanks again!