Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phaedon line to be discontinued...

... as they're introducing a new line. Will anyone miss the current offerings?

Default Re: Phaedon line to be discontinued...

No, as I have all 8 of the original line in my collection as well as the 7 new EDP Concentrees on the way. Where did you hear this? They're still being offered on their website. I recently received an email from them telling me that everything in both lines is in stock. See here:http://www.phaedonparis.com/?lang=2

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Email from a London perfume shop which stocks Phaedon frags:

'Bloom would like to privately offer you the exclusive opportunity to purchase the remaining Phaedon perfumes as the company is evolving and bringing forward new scents in new bottles. We are inviting you for a limited time to collect the remaining stock with a 50% discount.
    As Phaedon is successfully growing, this is a fantastic opportunity to collect the last remaining bottles of the original formulas.
    To get the discount simply mention this email in store.'

Perhaps that might be true of that London store which stocks them, but as I am not familiar with that London store, I'm inclined to give more credence to what the Phaedon owner has told me until informed otherwise. Thanks for sharing though.

Looking through Fragrantica, it seems that they've changed the name of the old fragrances (for instant, Noir Marine is now Oriental Mint) and put them into the new packaging. Pierre Guillaume has mentioned in an interview that they will discontinue Rue de Lilas and Coton Egyptien

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps that might be true of that London store which stocks them, but as I am not familiar with that London store, I'm inclined to give more credence to what the Phaedon owner has told me until informed otherwise. Thanks for sharing though.
    You spoke to the owner of Phaedon, or to your Phaedon retailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    Email from a London perfume shop which stocks Phaedon frags:

'Bloom would like to privately offer you the exclusive opportunity to purchase the remaining Phaedon perfumes as the company is evolving and bringing forward new scents in new bottles. We are inviting you for a limited time to collect the remaining stock with a 50% discount.
    As Phaedon is successfully growing, this is a fantastic opportunity to collect the last remaining bottles of the original formulas.
    To get the discount simply mention this email in store.'
    what I understand from this email is: Phaedon is refomulating and changing packaging (maybe names of perfumes too) but is not being discontinued!!!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phaedon

I went to Bloom and tried several of the Phaedon fragrances. Very weak and not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    You spoke to the owner of Phaedon, or to your Phaedon retailer?
    Whoever is in charge of the Phaedon customer service site in France and responds to direct e-mails.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, you spoke to Phaedon customer services rep, not the owner. Yes, an email I received from Bloom this morning did sound a bit wooly. Parfumerie Generale is to take over Phaedon and it sounds like a refreshing of the line, rather than an axing.

Whatever turns out to be the truth and how it plays out, it's really a moot issue for me as I currently have in my collection the 8 they offered in the past, and all the 7 new EDP Concentrees and the one new EDT, Lentisque on the way, so I'm good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Only two of the original line is being discontinued. When Bloom opened opposite All Saints in Spitafields the owner (incredibly helpful and knowledgeable Oxana) she was obviously building a business similar to Le Sens Unique in Paris. The two women behind this business are very similar to Oxana and both stores are a real experience.

No disrespect to Les Scenteurs who are also excellent, just Bloom seems to be offering newer lines in a short period of time. Other than blood concept there is nothing in the shop I wouldn't purchase!

Bloom will be stocking all the six initial cologne fragrances and the new perfumes in the new packaging.

If you look at the new site for Phaedon you will see that the line is extending due to the popularity in this range.

Think the whole range was launched by Pierre Guilliame in Le Sens Unique on 25th April. Pure Azure along with some of the others Hesperides and Rouge Avignon are just beautiful!

The discount is because of the new packaging only!

http://www.phaedonparis.com/
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Whatever turns out to be the truth and how it plays out, it's really a moot issue for me as I currently have in my collection the 8 they offered in the past, and all the 7 new EDP Concentrees and the one new EDT, Lentisque on the way, so I'm good to go.
    I'm glad you have them. You sound like a real Phaedon fan!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Only two of the original line is being discontinued. When Bloom opened opposite All Saints in Spitafields the owner (incredibly helpful and knowledgeable Oxana) she was obviously building a business similar to Le Sens Unique in Paris. The two women behind this business are very similar to Oxana and both stores are a real experience.

No disrespect to Les Scenteurs who are also excellent, just Bloom seems to be offering newer lines in a short period of time. Other than blood concept there is nothing in the shop I wouldn't purchase!

Bloom will be stocking all the six initial cologne fragrances and the new perfumes in the new packaging.

If you look at the new site for Phaedon you will see that the line is extending due to the popularity in this range.

Think the whole range was launched by Pierre Guilliame in Le Sens Unique on 25th April. Pure Azure along with some of the others Hesperides and Rouge Avignon are just beautiful!

The discount is because of the new packaging only!

http://www.phaedonparis.com/
    Thanks for the information and for correcting what I was told. Appreciate your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Fragmeister,

if you didn't like the initial eight (and i adore Rue de Lilas, and Pluie de Soleil) you might like the new line which is certainly much *stronger*. Egyptian Cotton, for me, is perfect for really hot weather! Black Vertiver (of the new line) is one, to my surprise my OH loves, and he is very difficult (is fussy a better word perhaps) about the scents he wants to wear!

kind regards

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Fragmeister,

if you didn't like the initial eight (and i adore Rue de Lilas, and Pluie de Soleil) you might like the new line which is certainly much *stronger*. Egyptian Cotton, for me, is perfect for really hot weather! Black Vertiver (of the new line) is one, to my surprise my OH loves, and he is very difficult (is fussy a better word perhaps) about the scents he wants to wear!

kind regards

sea roses
    Thank you, Sea Roses! I'll try to test the Black Vetiver the next time I'm at Bloom. I think I tried Egyptian Cotton yesterday, but my nose was probably tired when I got to that one!