Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28

    Question Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Really like Frapin 1270 but the lack of longevity is disappointing. Any similar fragrances with better projection and longevity?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Guess there's nothing like it.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    If you haven't already, try L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme. Frapin 1270 is much sweeter, but both fragrances share that 'gourmand ' smell.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Try using unscented skin lotion prior to application.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrill_Me View Post
    If you haven't already, try L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme. Frapin 1270 is much sweeter, but both fragrances share that 'gourmand ' smell.
    i dont think L'instant is anything like 1270.

    i dont think you will find a similar fragrance with same longevity because it is fruity. I dont know many fruity scents that go beyond 6hrs. as Thrill said apply lotion. Alternatively you can walk with an atomiser.

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,482

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by david8 View Post
    Really like Frapin 1270 but the lack of longevity is disappointing. Any similar fragrances with better projection and longevity?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Guess there's nothing like it.
    Pretty unique IMO.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Frank no 2 by Frank Los Angeles

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Recently launched X-ray has a perfume named Morphine. The top notes differ significantly from 1270, but give it 15 minutes and you will have a sweet, boozy concotion somewhat similar to 1270. If you can stand the utterly tacky X-ray bottle I think you should give Morphine a try.
    Last edited by SusyQ; 22nd December 2012 at 01:55 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    There's nothing I've smelled that smells like 1270, which is too bad, as it's a favorite of mine. There is one that I would recommend if you like 1270 though, and that's al02 by biehl parfumkunstwerke. Mind you, it doesn't smell like 1270 per say, but the two share a similar vibe (for lack of a better term).

    If you like 1270 I'd wager you'd also enjoy al02 quite a bit.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    Noodlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    I just got a bottle of 1270 myself. Super awesome scent. It's pretty unique but it's actually a bit similar to guerlain's Bois D'Armenie IMO. 1270 is better and cheaper than the Bois D'Armenie for the most part, although the Bois D'armenie has a certain lux powdery scent that makes it smell more expensive. (i still like it, haha). I'd say check that out.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    D&G The One, and when Dior Homme dries down it kinda has 1270 vibe.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    D&G The One, and when Dior Homme dries down it kinda has 1270 vibe.
    Does D&G The One even dries down?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Love 1270, but for something similar with greater projection and better longevity, you could try splashing on a little of their Grand Cru cognac...heady stuff

  13. #13

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by SusyQ View Post
    Recently launched X-ray has a perfume named Morphine. The top notes differ significantly from 1270, but give it 15 minutes and you will have a sweet, boozy concotion somewhat similar to 1270. If you can stand the utterly tacky X-ray bottle I think you should give Morphine a try.
    I'm not sure I gave you a good advice: Morphine is similar to "1270" or to "Botrytis" (from Ginestet), I can't find my samples to sort it out. My apologies!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    I forget which one but there is another Frapin that smells like 1270.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I forget which one but there is another Frapin that smells like 1270.
    Frapin 1697? Or speakeasy?

    Also Krigler - Established Cognac 66 is similar to Frapin 1270. However the Krigler is 115$ more and has weaker longevity.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Wow forgot about this thread after it wasn't getting responses early on.

    Thanks for the suggestions. All of the fragrances mentioned are on my to try list; besides LIDGE, D&G The One, and Dior Homme which I own or have owned.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteEmUpGood View Post
    Frapin 1697
    I'll second this one. It doesn't smell like 1270, but it shares some notes, and you might like it if you like 1270. Also, the longevity on the 1697 is absurd (the good kind of absurd). I can usually smell it for 16+ hours when I put it on. I'm only referencing the limited absolu concentration in the square bottle though, as I don't have any experience with the EdP concentration in the normal Frapin line bottle, other than just smelling it on paper. My favorite from the house.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Someone said Frapin 1270 smells like a toned-down version of Jubilation XXV. Is this true?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  19. #19

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Someone said Frapin 1270 smells like a toned-down version of Jubilation XXV. Is this true?
    Not even slightly.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Someone said Frapin 1270 smells like a toned-down version of Jubilation XXV. Is this true?

    I don't think so. They both have a "boozy" quality to them but that boozyness are VERY different. Frapin 1270 has an almost gourmand quality and J XXV has nothing gourmand at all.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by SusyQ View Post
    I don't think so. They both have a "boozy" quality to them but that boozyness are VERY different. Frapin 1270 has an almost gourmand quality and J XXV has nothing gourmand at all.
    Thanks for clarifying, SusyQ. Maybe 1270 vs Idole Lubin would be a better comparison?
    Last edited by knightowl; 13th February 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  22. #22

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    I've heard some comparisons with Pure Malt. I kind of see the similarity, but not much.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Any fragrances similar to Frapin 1270?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I'll second this one. It doesn't smell like 1270, but it shares some notes, and you might like it if you like 1270. Also, the longevity on the 1697 is absurd (the good kind of absurd). I can usually smell it for 16+ hours when I put it on. I'm only referencing the limited absolu concentration in the square bottle though, as I don't have any experience with the EdP concentration in the normal Frapin line bottle, other than just smelling it on paper. My favorite from the house.
    Hmmmm maybe they have tried to remedy the poor longevity problem - have to give it a try...

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of Frapin 1270?
    By scentsitivity in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26th January 2014, 05:01 AM
  2. Should I get Frapin 1270?
    By Ricky247 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15th February 2012, 03:21 PM
  3. Is Frapin 1270 available in the UK?
    By kshepherd in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd June 2006, 07:09 PM
  4. Frapin 1270
    By IPaidForThisName in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th June 2005, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •