Code of Conduct

Default Angel formulations- help me sort this out

I was at Nordstrom's today picking up samples and I got two different varieties of Angel. One is orange and comes in the cutest little diamond/cube packaging, and one is a round bottle with a star on top. There was also a star shaped bottle (of course) and a tall skinny bottle.

The one I sampled from the round bottle smelled pretty much like the one from the star bottle (didn't sample that one). The one that was gold/orange smelled different so I grabbed a sample of that as well. But as it was just labeled 'angel' (and I think there was an orange Alien too) I can't really tell anything more about it.

Can someone solve this puzzle for me? What is the difference between the star bottle, the round bottle, the tall bottle and the orange juice?

I must say I quite like Angel so far, but I've yet to smell it on my skin. I was expecting a sickeningly sweet gourmand but I swear the first thing I smell in it (on paper) is PINE TREE. Which I actually quite like. It's unique enough that i thought I absolutely must test it further at least.

Default Re: Angel formulations- help me sort this out

The little round diamond bottle with orange liquid in the square box is Angel Le parfums de cuir. This year's special editions of Mugler are called les parfums du cuir; in addition to Angel, there's also a similar version for Alien and for Womanity, as well as for A*Men. Supposedly, they add a leather note. I like a lot and own Angel cuir, I do smell the leather in the drydown, and I think it makes Angel a little drier, and more wearable. I have not experimented much with Alien cuir; I tried Womanity cuir in Europe, and couldn't smell the leather, but then I have not worn Womanity myself, so I'm not the best person to compare. (For A*men cuir, there's a long thread here on BN).

The round bottle must have been Angel Eau, a lighter version of the original Angel. The original comes in the tall skinny angular bottle or in the small star.

cacio
    Last edited by cacio; 17th December 2012 at 01:45 AM.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I think the round bottle is the EDT version. I've not personally worn the EDT, but I hear it is a lighter, brighter version of Angel with the berry notes amped up a little.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Looks like it's Angel Eau de Toillette (on the Nordstrom website anyway.) I didn't actually sample both, but on the spray card I couldn't tell the difference between the two really.

To me it still smells like pine, except now it smells like pine and vanilla. I am REALLY loving this. Though I haven't seen anyone saying it smells like pine. *lol*

- - - Updated - - -

You guys were right!

The edt must be very light then, because regular Angel is a powerhouse, at least on skin. But perhaps it doesn't come out on paper. Perhaps what you call pine is the the camphor note and the screechy flowers. But most people smell also the vats of candyfloss and the forests of patch, which will likely come out in the drydown.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The edt must be very light then, because regular Angel is a powerhouse, at least on skin. But perhaps it doesn't come out on paper. Perhaps what you call pine is the the camphor note and the screechy flowers. But most people smell also the vats of candyfloss and the forests of patch, which will likely come out in the drydown.

cacio
    On paper, both versions smelled the same to me- PINE! I'm wondering if it's the berries that are coming off that way? But I never claimed that my nose is normal.

It's getting softer/sweeter/more candy-ish as it wears. I rather like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Looks like it's Angel Eau de Toillette (on the Nordstrom website anyway.) I didn't actually sample both, but on the spray card I couldn't tell the difference between the two really.

To me it still smells like pine, except now it smells like pine and vanilla. I am REALLY loving this. Though I haven't seen anyone saying it smells like pine. *lol*

- - - Updated - - -

You guys were right!
    I really get the fresh sawn (pine) lumber scent. Angel is one of my favorites, I don't experience the extreme sweetness that others report. I get sawmill and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I really get the fresh sawn (pine) lumber scent. Angel is one of my favorites, I don't experience the extreme sweetness that others report. I get sawmill and chocolate.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was starting to think I was crazy! Now that you mention it, I DO get chocolate out of it, too. It really makes me think of a big old Christmas tree.