Code of Conduct

Default is this chanel no 5 a fake .. giant bottle of eau du parfum

hello, i just bought a giant 450ml chanel no 5 eau du parfum
    i am completly new to perfumes but i searched the internet and found that chanel sell 450ml of the parfum for about 2000 but i cannot find any trace of 450ml eau du parfum
    i just wondered if maybe i have bought a fake item
    i did email chanel and ask if they have ever sold 450ml in eau du parfum but they just said
    they cannot tell me as there is so many fakes around and that if i want their items i need to buy from a official chanel seller
    can anyone help please..........thankyou

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: is this chanel no 5 a fake .. giant bottle of eau du parfum

I don't know, but that was a strange answer for them to give you...surely they should know whether they have ever sold the edp in a 450 ml size?

Maybe if you post photos, someone here who knows Chanel will be able to tell you if the bottle and label look real.

this is the item number of bottle i bought
    i have not received it yet
    thankyou for replying

I saw that on ebay a few days ago ( I presume it is the one you bought). My first thought was that perhaps it was a factice, but a special edition is certainly not inconceivable. Guess you'll find out when you receive it ! In any event, I think it is unlikely to be a fake.

What a great non-answer. I think either the salesperson DIDN'T know (and should have) or they simply did not want to answer (how dare you not buy from an authorized retailer! horror!). (Although they're right that is about the only way to guarantee that you're getting the real deal.)

Banned

Don't want to sound negative but the best way to determine what is fake is by looking at the sellers history:-) ,

If you bought it from person that sells perfumes regularly, its probably ok, but if it is one off, its most probably fake!
    I bought 2 blatant fakes that way, buying from people who sell bits and pieces, vintage stuff, and now days i think its more probable you will end up with fake on e bay, its crisis:-) , also the price can tell a lot !
    So if you payed anything less then 300 usd it must be bad!:-) ....

Iivanita I'm not sure I agree. Those selling fakes are unlikely to sell only occasional items of perfumes, they are likely to be private sellers, like me.

Those selling fakes often sell many of the same item over time or have multiples available.

I think I saw that large bottle of No 5 EdP which was for sale through a high end dealer in estate items of good provenance. The same dealer currently has Djedi and other rarities and delights for sale