Code of Conduct

Default nasomatto Pardon review

yet another sample from luckyscent.

tried it last night after thy gym. initially i get a sweet mild tobacco with mild amont of spices and a drydown is sweet tobaco with vanilla and faint chocolate....you can definitely tell this is an expensive fragrance from first wiff...when i woke up in the morning i could smell it at 11am without sticking my nose on my arm...then i walked out of my bedroom to the toilet and when i got back in the room it smelled like the fragrance(i sleep with the room door closed all night...in my head when i smell this frag i picture someone sitting in a plush velvet chair with a suit and vest sipping brandy and smoking a cigar(sorry about the retarted visualization)...i usually do not like fragrances with tobacco notes but i have to admit this is so mild and smooth.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: nasomatto Pardon review

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    yet another sample from luckyscent.

tried it last night after thy gym. initially i get a sweet mild tobacco with mild amont of spices and a drydown is sweet tobaco with vanilla and faint chocolate....you can definitely tell this is an expensive fragrance from first wiff...when i woke up in the morning i could smell it at 11am without sticking my nose on my arm...then i walked out of my bedroom to the toilet and when i got back in the room it smelled like the fragrance(i sleep with the room door closed all night...in my head when i smell this frag i picture someone sitting in a plush velvet chair with a suit and vest sipping brandy and smoking a cigar(sorry about the retarted visualization)...i usually do not like fragrances with tobacco notes but i have to admit this is so mild and smooth.
    Great endorsement for a sample, Lanky. Thank you.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Just added this in my sample list. Does it have any similarities to Tobacco Vanille?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Just added this in my sample list. Does it have any similarities to Tobacco Vanille?
    I don't think so, but I luv 'em both.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    IMO it's closer to LIDGE than to Tobacco Vanille.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

To me, it feels like some kind of chocolatey Duro. Or a chocolatey Aoud Musk.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

you definitly notice the chocolate but it is not overwhelmingly gourmond...seems like a well balanced frag

I'm a big fan. This is a one spray scent for me. Lasts all day.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Seconded

What's the silage/projection on this? Most Nasomatto's I read about have just about average projection and many qualify them as a skin scent.

For me to buy any smell it must project well and have decent longevity.

Tell us more!

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    What's the silage/projection on this? Most Nasomatto's I read about have just about average projection and many qualify them as a skin scent.

For me to buy any smell it must project well and have decent longevity.

Tell us more!
    Since it's an extrait it has moderate projection, it does have pretty good longevity though. Most extraits do become skin scents, it's just the way they work.

This is a pretty accurate description from what I've smelled. It was kind of like a "niche'd-up" version of LIDGE. I've only dabbed it so far though, so it was pretty heavy when I did. I ordered this one in a sample pack, and everything came in atomizers except for the Nasomatto's.

^^^ Partario, is so great to see you posting again! Where have you been? Don't tell me you was busy taking out the dog...

^^^ Partario, is so great to see you posting again! Where have you been? Don't tell me you was busy taking out the dog...
    Yeah man, took out the dog and got sidetracked for like 8 months or so. :P

I moved to a new city, and had so much going on at once, that I just kind of kept off of the internet for a while. I'm currently visiting the US for about three months though, so now that I have a chance to just relax and sit back a bit, I hope to have time to check in more than before.

^^Great to have you back!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I agree that pardon has a LIDGE vibe to it. A better formulated LIDGE in my opinion. However, I get better projection from LIDGE and therefore cannot justify paying the cost for a 30ml bottle. Also, like Black Afgano, pardon stays extremely close to the skin. Not worth the asking price.

did my 3rd full wearing today...definite oud...this time i seemed to smell more cinnamon...smouldering vibe to the oud

- - - Updated - - -

aparrently some of the reviews mention it has magnolia and floral notes....i really dont get anything floral on this one

It's not for me but then again I'm not huge on tobacco and gourmands.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I don't think Pardon smells like LIDGE, although I understand how some cats might arrive at that idea. I get around average projection and longevity from Pardon, but I really like the scent. If you're checking out Pardon in person and have the opportunity, you might also wanna check out Byredo Baudelaire. I sprayed both on cards and found them to be very similar and a couple of SA's at Barneys agreed.

i got great longevity out of Pardon. would be greater than 12 hours if i had not showered this morning...with some projection at the 12 hour period as well

I bought this today at Barneys. Amazing. This smells like a sophisticated fragrance and recommend it highly. Blown away at the smell after sampling many high end niche.

Gorgeous scent.

Basenotes Institution

I smelled this only once, with a whole bunch of other scents (in NOLA) and this one was my favorite. Made me sit up and take notice, for sure. I'm not sure I'm in the market for a FB, but it's one of those gourmand/ouds that I easily fall for.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    It's not for me
    Nor for me.