Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Jetlag, I can't praise this enough!

I just received a 75ml EDT bottle of Azzaro's Jetlag, arrived two days ago in the post, and I've worn it exclusively since in order to form a solid impression, and wow. Four compliments in two days, although one was from my wife (who has had something very positive to say both times I sprayed it on) and one was from a sales girl at the pharmacy when I was looking at fragrances. The other came from a friend and the last, not half an hour ago, was from a guy waiting in line with me at the chemist who seemed very disappointed when I told him he'd probably have to order it.

Initially my wife thought I had worked out 'some amazing recipe,' for layering Lanvin l'homme (another scent I enjoy which seems to draw compliments) as the clean, fresh and spicy aspects of Jetlag are very similar albeit much bolder and longer lasting. However the real joy of this is the floral note, a big tea rose, that really stands out without seeming feminine at all. The earthy scent compliments the spices and freshness beautifully.

I get about six to eight hours out of four sprays, and all this for $26 (postage included) and a great looking little bottle to seal the deal. This is value for money in a big way. What a shame it's so hard to find! I'm definitely going to pick up a couple more bottles to put away so Jetlag can sit in my spring or summer rotation for a while to come.

Of all the fresh scents I've bought this year nothing has impressed me this much. Though, admittedly, there were some which had an overall better scent their price was much higher, or longevity and projection lacked. This is a joy to wear. It really lifts my mood and puts a spring in my step which I think is why it draws compliments. A fresh, spicy cologne for summer that has a really unique twist with that tea rose note, stands out from the crowd while still being safe, versatile and inoffensive.

A shame it's so hard to find!

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Azzaro Jetlag, I can't praise this enough!

Nice to hear your experience, thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Looks interesting. There are no reviews on Basenotes so I'm curious about this fragrance. I've actually never smelled anything by Azzaro but I know they tend to be top sellers. I may blind buy this just for the heck of it.

Looks interesting. There are no reviews on Basenotes so I'm curious about this fragrance. I've actually never smelled anything by Azzaro but I know they tend to be top sellers. I may blind buy this just for the heck of it.
    Think a ballsier, longer-lasting version of Lanvin l'homme with a stronger vetiver note and a big tea rose presence that play off one another beautifully. The category and style is as generic as it gets: fresh, spicey, clean 'out of the shower,' feel-good fragrance, but the execution offers a real twist with the tea rose presence and the quality is great.

Own this and like it too.

Sound like a good one!

Thanks for sharing, have to try this. In fact, Azzaro has quite a steady, reputable, versatile and vast supply of good or even great scents anyway, all in all, a fragrance house of pretty consistent quality.

Immediately sold, based on a) BN comments, b) cool packaging, and c) fun concept - airport-ready fragrance sold exclusively in airports. Good price point, too. Blind buy of the night. Anxious to see how this one tuns out. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Immediately sold, based on a) BN comments, b) cool packaging, and c) fun concept - airport-ready fragrance sold exclusively in airports. Good price point, too. Blind buy of the night. Anxious to see how this one tuns out. Thanks for the tip.
    Let us know how it turns out. I'm a big Azzaro fan generally (Pour Home, Visit, Acteur), but I hate Chrome.) I'll be interested in seeing what the opinions are on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thanks for sharing, have to try this. In fact, Azzaro has quite a steady, reputable, versatile and vast supply of good or even great scents anyway, all in all, a fragrance house of pretty consistent quality.
    I agree. I think that general population here might/should give it some more attention.

Update: yes, I bought it blind, and yes, it is a successful blind buy. Nice, soapy, modern aquatic, but not obnoxiously so. The beautiful packaging and attractive price point add favorably to the experience. Not something I'll wear frequently, but quite nice for what it is. I'm interested in the other two in this series, too. Thanks to the OP for the recommendation. It's very pleasant.

Purchased this one blind also. Aquatic and slightly floral vibe going on with this one. Initial spray is kind of strong, but this soon mellows out to a pretty good frag. IMO this can be worn any season.

Got mine for $22 shipped online, I am very pleased with this purchase and got a few complements already so thumbs up for this one!

I like this a lot and for ages it reminded me very much of another fragrance, but I couln't fathom out which. Now I've worked it out. It's almost a copy of cK One.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Very close.
    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I like this a lot and for ages it reminded me very much of another fragrance, but I couln't fathom out which. Now I've worked it out. It's almost a copy of cK One.

I dont get any CK One from it at all and trust me I have a good nose....lol.

Basenotes Junkie

If its an aquatic, do the aquatic notes stand out like in other aquatics - I'm thinking about the calone in particular. I really can't handle that note, and somehow (and sadly) it makes me sick to my stomach.

Still - curious about the fragrance. Is it worth a blind buy shot if I REALLY can't stand calone?

Basenotes Junkie

If its an aquatic, do the aquatic notes stand out like in other aquatics - I'm thinking about the calone in particular. I really can't handle that note, and somehow (and sadly) it makes me sick to my stomach.

Still - curious about the fragrance. Is it worth a blind buy shot if I REALLY can't stand calone?