Code of Conduct

Default top 3 fragrance that my wife picked from my collection...over 50+ bottles

Out of 50+ bottles, the winners are below

1. GIT
    2. Bleu de Chanel
    3. Platinum Egoiste
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: top 3 fragrance that my wife picked from my collection...over 50+ bottles

The ones from my collection that my wife loves the most:

1. Avenuts
    2. Bleecker Street
    3. New Haarelm
    4. Straight to Heaven
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Default Re: top 3 fragrance that my wife picked from my collection...over 50+ bottles

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post

1. GIT
    2. Bleu de Chanel
    3. Platinum Egoiste
    Three good ones IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my ex really liked cool water, but hated all my other fragrances.

thank god we didn't marry.

git, bleu and plat ego are good ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So far, there are only two fragrances that my wife liked when we were sampling: Creed's Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed, so I purchased both (not at the same time).

Post Thanks / Like

My gf likes Egoiste Platinum (vintage) on me as well. But, I cannot stand it. So, too bad.

treeman5823

1. GIT
    2. Bleu de Chanel
    3. Platinum Egoiste
    From your top 10 list, I assume you have Amouage's Homage Attar. Now how the heck did your wife pick Bleue d'Chanel over that?!

She seem to like fragrance that are sold at you department store..fresh fragrance....i like stanky and mysterious fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    From your top 10 list, I assume you have Amouage's Homage Attar. Now how the heck did your wife pick Bleue d'Chanel over that?!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

treeman5823

She seem to like fragrance that are sold at you department store..fresh fragrance....i like stanky and mysterious fragrance
    +1 for the stank, man. BRING ON THE STANK.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife's favorites in no particular order:

Red Vetyver (she wears this all the time)
    Creed Windsor
    Millesime Imperial
    Bleecker St
    Straight to Heaven

Thanks for sharing change1. I don't know why, but these types of threads are often my favorites. Those are all 3 winners for sure. So far, the only frags that have garnered unsolicited compliments from my wife, out of probably 100+ worn or tested are:

Platinum Egoiste (if it's sprayed lightly, she digs it a LOT, otherwise she finds it a bit too strong)
    Aventus (probably the most enthusiastic compliments I've gotten from her on a frag ever - she claims it must be something about the type of musk in it, as she likes musks and this one really stand out to her for some reason)
    Gucci Pour Homme II (she really like this one - probably 2nd favorite to Aventus)
    Bond no 9 Riverside Drive (nothing mind-blowing though)
    Rochas Man (she's a mocha lover, so this was a no brainer with that smooth mocha drydown)
    Millesime Imperial (only sampled it once. I couldn't stand it, she seemed to really like it)
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme
    Rive Gauche (she's fickle on this one though...really likes the late drydown a LOT, but the opening and mid she thinks smells a bit "old man-ish" - shame, as it's one of my favs and I'd wear it much more if she loved it all the way through as much as I do)

Post Thanks / Like

My wife was never really into fragrance before we met and is still fairly casual in her attitude towards them. In all honesty she only recognizes a small number of my scents. The ones she does recognize are either pleasing to her or noxious to her. For example she always knows when I'm wearing Sables and I'm not allowed to get near her. She is not a fan.

Some scents she likes even if she doesn't recognize them as a scent in the air, something nice to smell, but she doesn't think I smell good wearing them. Florals for example. She really likes gourmands though. Especially more spicey, masculine scents with a gourmand edge.

Post Thanks / Like

She is not really interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife really couldn't care less but the ones that drew her unreserved compliments:

Penhaligon's Sartorial
    MFK APOM pour Homme
    Cartier L'Heure IV Fougueuse

Post Thanks / Like

I always get positive comments from my wife when I wear these:
    Comme une Evidence Homme by Yves Rocher
    Pasha by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    She is not really interested.
    Ditto. I'd be afraid to ask because I'd end up getting the answer, "None of them." Or a comment on how she likes a certain perfume because of the bottle. I guess that's better than saying nothing at all.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes these the best:

YSL Rive Gauche
    TDH
    Dior Homme
    Aventus

Post Thanks / Like

Likes - Egoiste
    Dislikes - Cool Water, Kouros and Mugler style sweet scents

Post Thanks / Like

In my case, or better said in my girlf. case choice is :

Musc Ravageur
    LIDGE
    JPG2

Dislike :

TDH
    Lubin Idole

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My partner rarely says anything about my frags except if they are too strong, but last night he said he really liked what I was wearing which was Chanel no 19. He usually only sticks to his Halston I-12 and said he may have to start trying some of my frags. I told him to go for it!
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Post Thanks / Like

I see a "clean" scent sort of theme here!

My wife loves:

Lacoste Essential
    Prada IpH
    Rive Gauche

She hates Dirty English with a passion though, but thankfully that is the only one she really doesn't like.

Post Thanks / Like

My gf didn't like Aventus -- that's when I knew she's a keeper.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife only seems to enjoy the safe Creeds:
    1) GIT
    2) Aventus
    3) MI

She is indifferent with most Tom Fords.

She does not like the few in my small collection with even a hint of incense or spice:
    1) Puredistance M
    2) Jubilation XXV

She detests TdH, and won't go around me if I wear it. I wear it strategically at times.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouros.

Doesn't matter what else I have in my collection, this is the only one she's ever liked.

Actually 'liked' doesn't come close.

It knocks her bandy.

OG Dolce Gabbana
    Le Labo Bergamonte 22
    GIT

Out of my 38 bottle collection, about 1/2 of which is gourmands, Midnight in Paris is far and away her favorite.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Pour Homme
    Nautica Voyage
    Himalaya

- - - Updated - - -

Gucci Pour Homme
    Nautica Voyage
    Himalaya
    "All of my 2012 batches of Aventus smell EXACTLY the same...even the grey market one with an Arabic lot sticker on the bottom of the bottle." - BT260

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    My wife loved my Prada Amber pour Homme so much, she stole mine and made it HER signature scent.

On me, she likes Millesime Imperial, Jardin D'Amalfi and Original Vetiver.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm including samples that I've tried as well.

So far, my wife loves:
    1) Mont Blanc Legend (mainly because I bought it before going to Hawaii and now everytime I wear it, we both mentally go back there )
    2) Noir de Noir--possibly her favorite of the ones I've sampled
    3) Bleu de Chanel
    4) Cologne Noire by Van Cleef & Arpels
    5) 07 Tanoke--this one REALLY surprised me. It was nice, but she LOVED it.

**I know you said 3, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind from this year.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the ones I listed previously, my wife also likes GIT (she got it for her dad, "I could see him liking this one" and he loved it), Le Labo Bergamote 22, LOccitane Vetyver.

Post Thanks / Like

Diavolo by Antonio Banderas

Dislikes: Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens

She thinks these two smell like B.O.
    Randall

Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche
    Tom Ford Extreme

Dislikes:
    Tobacco Vanille

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about the one she likes but actually about the ones she doesn't....The other day she threatened me that she'll throw the bottle away if I ever wear it again and it was B*Men!!! (it is currently one of my favorites )
    Few others which are on the hit list are:
    Kouros, VC&A pH & Aramis.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife's absolute favourite is Hermes Equipage. Luckily I love it too and happily she likes the old school stuff like Bel Ami/Egoiste etc so I am one happy chappy!!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes when I wear Allure Sport, almost always telling me I smell good. But Kenzo Power is her favorite on me, she has said so many times. That is great, but I'm not really into Kenzo Power anymore. She likes anything Chanel that I own (Bleu, Allure, Allure Sport)

Post Thanks / Like

1. GIT
    2. Bleu de Chanel
    3. Platinum Egoiste
    Not surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly, my fiancé and I just had a discussion about this.

I have a friend in the industry, and we met him for coffee over the weekend. He always brings me goodies, and he brought 2 bottles of creed with him. One was santal, the other aventus. I still have some aventus left, so I was going to take the santal.

My fiancé says, how about you let ME decide! She sprays each on napkins, and makes this twisted disgusted face when she smelled aventus. But seemed to love santal.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking...she always does this. Just wait until next time I wear aventus.

So the very next day, I picked her up and she says "mmm you smell amazing, is that the new one?"

I bust out laughing, and said, nope, it's the one you hated!

Then she says, well it smelled terrible on the napkin, but on you it smells amazing.

Awwww LOL

Post Thanks / Like

My Wife bought a fair chunk of my collection, so she's biased.

Stuff I bought and she likes is Declaration Essence, Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee, and Pure Havane.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me woman prefer designer over niche. Interesting. Makes sense... Designer is more... "POP".
    The butterfly
    perfuming its wings
    fans the orchid

--Basho

From my collection this is my wifes favorites:
    1.Terre d'Hermes
    2.Millesime Imperial
    2.Dirty English
    2.Green Irish Tweed
    5.Ormonde Woman
    5.Body Kouros

Blenheim Bouquet
    Black Orchid
    Aventus

My girlfriend usually compliment most of my fragrances so I rather know what she dislike than like (because she doesnt compliment me then lol) but her absolute favourites are

Gucci PH II and LIDGE
    Other she compliments me often are:
    Acqua Di Gio, Encre Noire, Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense.

She rarely comments my niche samples that I seldom wear but I know that she likes Montale Black Musk and Tauer L' Air Du Desert Marocain.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Post Thanks / Like

Wife likes:

L Anarchiste
    Encre Noire
    Hommage to Man Lalique
    GIT
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Most dates, as well as female friends and acquaintances in general enjoyed, so far, gourmands like Gucci Envy or Boss Bottled the most.

From my collection of over 60 bottles, I've got positive reactions from (in no particular order):
    Gucci pour Homme
    Cacharel Nemo
    Terre d'Hermes
    Davidoff Zino
    Mugler A*Men TOF
    Aigner Black
    Bleu de Chanel
    It seems that only leather/spicy/woody/incensy frags are 'friendly' with her nostrils
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

My exes absolute favorite on me was Lyric Man. She also really liked oddities like Skarb, L'Anarchiste, Michael Storer's Djin, M/Mink, Jubilation XXV (only mention this as it seems a lot of people's partners dislike it).

Too bad she was evil incarnate.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriends favs on me are supprisinlgy

Leather Oud
    Puredistance M
    Windsor
    Aventus
    MI

Shes not quite perfect, she hates Tuscan Leather and Xerjoff Homme and loves Le Male , shes close enough though.

My girl loves me in Paco Rabanne Black XS and Joop! Wild Homme. What can I say, she likes 'em sweet!

My partner's favorites are:

Pure Malt
    Aventus
    Tous Man Sport
    Azzaro pour homme

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Kouros.

Doesn't matter what else I have in my collection, this is the only one she's ever liked.

Actually 'liked' doesn't come close.

It knocks her bandy.
    You, Sir, have one special woman. And I mean that in a GOOD way.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 22nd December 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

CologneFan85

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent is the scent my Fiance says "I should be wearing when she gets preggo"...LOL seriously that is what she says. Droppin hints I guess

My spouse would like me to wear gourmand type fragrances. Unfortunately, i don't like them generally speaking. (Some few exceptions exist.) Of my current/recent favourites she likes Memoir Man and Ungaro III . Gucci Envy for men also pleases her, but i don't wear it so often.
    Some bottles for sale (Worldwide)

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Post Thanks / Like

1. DHI
    2. Dior Bois D'Argent
    3. Tie between Creed MI, Musc ravaguer and what we do in Paris is secret by A Lab On Fire

Post Thanks / Like

My wife loves (in no particular order):
    Chanel Sycomore
    TdH
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Last edited by GuitarMan; 22nd December 2012 at 11:25 AM.

My partner loves:
    Yatagan (Caron)
    Mandragore Pourpre (Annick Goutal)
    No. 26 or No. 30 (made by me)