Code of Conduct

Default Guess the fragrance by the notes and win a little of it - winter 2012

Please do not use search engines. But, if you can't help yourself, just let me know privately what you found with the help and disqualify yourself from the silly little prize.

Whoever guesses the fragrance first without help wins a 5ml spray of it. Make as many guesses as you want.

I'll try to make this a really quick contest by periodically posting hints.

Here's the notes:

Ylang Extra Moheli, Violet Leaf absolute, Violet Flower accord, Tobacco, Coffee Co2 extract, Patchouli Indonesia, Iris resinoide,, Speculoos accord, Cistus absolute, Styrax, Leather, Birch Tar, Saffron, Vanilla Beans Resinoid washed, Serenolide

- - - Updated - - -

Hint #1: Perfumer is a woman (yeah, that's gonna help :P)

- - - Updated - - -

Hint #2: This niche, unisex scent's designer is also a woman.

Hint #3: I'm revising this hint to the perfumer is Calice Becker and the designer is Raphael Young
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th December 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Default Re: Guess the fragrance by the notes and win a little of it - winter 2012

Napa Noir????
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Default Re: Guess the fragrance by the notes and win a little of it - winter 2012

That's it! If you send me your address, I'll pop some in the mail to you.

Never heard of the designer or the brand. So please describe-the notes usually say little ...

cacio

Napa Noir. It sounds awesome. And ^ please do describe how it unfolds.

Thank you socalwoman for such a fantastic fragrance.
    The only way to describe is "leather", just pure unadulterated leather*. Like the smell of a brand new car with leather seats, or the leather section in a furniture store, it is awesome.
    I could not discern any other note but leather, but then again, I just tried it for the first time just a few minutes ago and I would have to wait for the drydown before passing judgement LOL.
    *I know that the actual smell of leather is nauseating and what in perfumery what is referred as "the leather" note is a mixture of oils and herbs applied to leather to mask its actual smell. That mixture contains usually birch oil, ambergris, juniper, myrtle among other scents.
    At any rate, I appreciate the gift as well as those beautiful samples you include with the perfume, that was a truly pleasant surprise indeed.

I has been about one hour and now I can appreciate other notes, the strong initial leather have subsided, but still present, and I can smell coffee, patchouli and a hint of flowers. It is a magnificent scent, no questions about it.

Two hours later and the hint of flowers is almost gone but I detect a note that reminds me a lot of Prada Infusion D'homme. The dominant note now is a very sweet vanilla with some coffee and leather in the background. It makes me feel I am sitting in a leather sofa drinking a cup of very sweet coffe.
    This is the kind of scent I like the most, a fragrance that tells you a story. In this case it is that a very well dressed man in an old English Club (like the club of Phileas Fogg LOL) reading his morning paper while savouring a rich cup of coffee.
    Thank you socalwoman for such a great experience.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 13th December 2012 at 04:41 AM.

It's truly my pleasure, PerfumeCollector. And thank you for your great review.

- - - Updated - - -

Ready to try and guess another?
    Notes: caribbean rum, clary sage, carrot seeds, davana, cedar, lily, curry herb, ambra, tobacco, musk, honey, raspberry, vanilla, cacao, pine balm, vetiver
    Last edited by socalwoman; 13th December 2012 at 02:25 PM.

I should disqualify myself because those are the notes of one of the samples you sent me.
    Very nice scent BTW.

Glad you enjoyed my review.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 13th December 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Clue #1: This Italian, unisex fragrance is discontinued, and wasn't widely available before it was discontinued either.

Clue #2: The designer is a tailor.

- - - Updated - - -

Clue #3: The answer is blowing in the wind
    Last edited by socalwoman; 13th December 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Vento canale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally - we have another winnah!!!

Please send me an address and I'll get this out Monday.

Yes! Thank you, dear.

Socalwoman: I tried the sample of Norne today and this is my comment:

It is a wintery cold and dark night, it is snowing outside. The fireplace barely can contain its blazing fire and some of the smoke from the fir and cedar logs escapes away and fills the room. The only light in the room is from the fire. Me and my wife sitting in the rug in front of the fire while drinking some eggnog and nibbling on pepparkakor cookies.
    That is what this perfume is all about, strong coniferous/inciense/spices accord that is out of this world. It could become a signature scent if not for the fact that lacks versatility. You can not take to the office, or to a romantic dinner, or anywhere at all, but it is precious nevertheless.
    The darkest perfume I've seen in a while, very romantic and soothing at the same time. It makes me relax and slow down. This is not just a perfume, this is a way of life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing me to such a wonderful scent.
    The closest perfume I can think of is J. Casanova pour homme, but it has been discontinued.

I am going to write this in the reviews.

Vento Canale is outstandingly awesome. Please get it -- for any price -- if you see it.