Code of Conduct

Thread: 2013

Default 2013

I actually plan on being out of the fragrance sampling/buying/hunting/etc. game for next year. I have plenty to get me through 2013 and beyond. Is there anything you're looking forward to trying, buying, or whatever next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2013

I'm looking forward to exploring two genres in 2013.

Orange Blossom and Co.
    Tuberose

I've recently fallen hard in love with these two and want to explore perfumes with them as main notes.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    ........Is there anything you're looking forward to trying, buying, or whatever next year?
    Anything that sounds good.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

The commercial release of Secraction by O'driu will certainly be on my 2013 buy list. Oh yeah, and Onda Extrait by Vero Profumo. As for new things to look forward to... I am actually looking forward to continuing to explore some of the more obscure vintage 70s and 80s powerhouses...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

I went sample crazy this year. Mainly focused on fall/winter scents as I didn't start into this fun until late June/early July. I collected dozens of fall/winter samples, have been playing this whole time. Now I'm at a point where I'm finishing these samples, beginning to collect samples for spring/summer, and working on what I actually want to BUY for fall/winter.

My hope for 2013: Figure out what warmer-weather frags I love (like I did this year for fall/winter)...buy a couple of my more expensive fall/winter desires...and wear more of my bottles rather than samples.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No plans yet for 2013. I'm quite happy with my current taste and pace, but I know that could change in an instant.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, only Versace Eros somewhat has my attention but it's not getting the best reception so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I'm looking forward to exploring two genres in 2013.

Orange Blossom and Co.
    Tuberose

I've recently fallen hard in love with these two and want to explore perfumes with them as main notes.
    I like your style. I'm also discovering orange blossom and will be seeking that out in coming months.

I've pretty much exhausted the tuberose selection (although every so often a new one comes along), but I want to find out more about gardenia next. Unfortunately, I think I've been spoiled by smelling JAR Jardenia last month in New York. Also, JAR Lightning Bolt is a gorgeous tuberose that you may want to try if you haven't already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    No plans yet for 2013. I'm quite happy with my current taste and pace, but I know that could change in an instant.
    ^-This. Ideally, I'd like to hold back from both bottle & sample purchases until the summer. But knowing me, I would probably cave in after a while. If I do succumb to the temptation, I'm hoping it would just be for one-off samples. I plan to still purchase fragrances for my wife though.

Post Thanks / Like

I brought enough in 2012 that I dont plan on buying anything for a long time. Unless something comes along that really blows me away. My last 2 purchases were Bleu De Chanel and YSL Nuit are huge compliment getters and will hold me down for a while. Plus 2 smaples of New Harlaam which im loving and using only on special occasions.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Vol d'Hirondelle by LM Parfums

Post Thanks / Like

Ones I still have on my to-buy list are:

Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    Tauer LDDM
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Puredistance M
    L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm looking forward to what Portland, OR has to offer. I'm looking forward to offerings from Slumberhouse and seeing if Invisible Authors lives up to their initial promise. I'm also interested in seeing if Lorenzo Villoresi's Mare Nostrum series becomes exciting or is a sign of the end of his creativity. I'm also wondering if there will be even one designer scent worth getting excited about. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

I had loads of great suggestions from my Some Like it Dry thread that I need to sample, and as my interests go beyond just bone dry scents I want to explore more leafy green scents as well as getting better acquainted with more of the Dyptique line and CdG, and possible getting some larger decants/full bottles.

But, the best laid schemes of mice and men, and all that... Means I'll probably start off in those directions, but reading the forum always gets me caught up in the forum's enthusiasm (lets not call it hype) and I'm sure I'll come across dozens of others that I'll get an irresistable urge to try.

I feel like I'm getting pretty close to slowing things down for a while as well. Early in 2013 I'm looking to pick a few things up from what I've sampled recently and know I want to have, but once I pick those up, I feel like I'll be set for a while. There's so much I still want to sample, though, so that could easily change if something I test blows me away and I really want it. It's taking a lot more than it used to these days however, to do that, as I truly feel like I've got a fairly solid line-up at this point.

I'm not excited so far and currently satisfied.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Looking forward to some Creed male releases!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Post Thanks / Like

I have so many fragrances but there is room for a few more. Want to get Montale Aoud Lime and search out a fragrance with an osmanthus note done right. Don't want much more. Hope there will be some new releases that are better than just ok. 2012 didn't impress me much for the most part. Undoubtly Slumberhouse will surprise and intrigue me with something. Going back to SF in a couple of months and will hit the retailers to sample more things that I have missed so far.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.