Code of Conduct

Default Dream Releases For 2013?

Well as if there weren't enough fragrances I'm excited about seeing this year. Chloe See is right at the top of the list; can't wait to handle that bottle and see if it's as stunning as it looks, and hopefully the juice inside is worthy of it, while Lalique is coming out with something in a bottle that looks about as gorgeous as the le Parfum vapo, and with Nathalie Lorson behind it I'm as excited to see how it will smell. But how about something that isn't slated for release, which you wish was? For example Chloe doesn't have a single masculine fragrance (though I think Capucine is about as close as it gets) and I'd be very excited if they ever planned to release one, or maybe you're waiting for a solid designer knock-off of Aventus? But why stop there: imagine the release of an entire line you'd love to see, or a series of special editions, or the re-release of an old classic that doesn't tame and modernize it. Or how about a reformulation that brings a favourite closer to the vintage rather than further away? Or maybe you'd just like a certain scent to come in a bigger sized bottle.

I'm curious about just what my fellow BNers would like to see in a fantasy 2013

For my part, even if they don't change the juice, I want Givenchy to find the good sense to put Xeryus and Xeryus Rouge back in their awesome original bottles, where they belong.

I'd also love to see Chopard expand on their 'noble' series. Noble Oud would be on trend, even if I'm not much of an oud lover, or perhaps they could add some feminines to the lineup? How about Noble Incense, or Leather, now that could be fun.

Another thing I'd pay to see is Davidoff bringing back Davidoff. Even a fair reformulation would make me very happy.

Annick Goutal: EDP version of Vanille Exquise, I don't care if they double the price, I need this.

Worth: I know it's not really the house I used to love anymore, but they need to get off their butts and do something all the same. Nothing since Courtesan (which I liked!) in 2005; back on the horse! Give us a masculine this time. I'll buy it blind.

Joop: What About Adam/Eve, and Rococo Femme/Homme were too good to discontinue. Enough with the Homme flankers. Bring these back, and about Le Bain - I can't find it anymore so I figure it's been discontinued as well. Bring it back.

YSL: Cinema Pour Homme!

Kenzo: I want more 'Jungle' fragrances. All three of these were top-shelf. Let's see Jungle Pour Homme Platypus or something.

Ralph Lauren: put the damn the seaweed back in Polo Sport.

CDG: these guys need to put the cologne series in a set, and they really need to bring back burnt sugar.

Alright. They're mine. What are yours?

treeman5823

Default Re: Dream Releases For 2013?

Pure Aoud.

Dior Homme Intense Aoud Eau Extrême.

Aoud-Aoud-Aoud by soAoud.

To Aoud Or Not To Aoud by Another Perfume House That's Just Jumped Onto The Aoud Bandwagon.

Interesting topic Versace should bring back Versace Man
    - Gucci ph 2 intense
    - Burberry London summer, i think that would be an interesting one

TM Pure Rose - because the chocolate and rose would be nice. And I don't have a rose fragrance.
    A designer made aquatic with character and some oomph. I want quality and projectio/longevity
    And I want dior homme intense to be sold in the states. Actually I want all Christian dior fragrances to be more available in the states. I only find Fahrenheit everywhere I go.

I'd like to see someone make something completely outrageous ... just because.

Has anyone tapped Heston Blumenthal on the shoulder yet?

Actually I want all Christian dior fragrances to be more available in the states. I only find Fahrenheit everywhere I go.
    This! Only not just for Dior.

Finding anything by so many brands here is next to impossible, and even for those houses which are available the selection is often truly awful. The department store nearest to me stocks nothing but Shalimar, Idyll, Guerlain Homme and bugger all else for Guerlain. Though I suppose I shouldn't complain too much as they have a nice selection of Annick Goutal.

I'd also really like to see TM do something with the A*Men line dealing with rose. I've been really getting into NdN lately, so a designer take on chocolate and rose would be nice, especially from Thierry.

I'd really like one of the Creed aqua fragrances to not suck so I could get it for summer and stand out a little from all the AdG around.

Givenchy Xeryus BLUE!
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle POUR HOMME!!!
    Givenchy Ange ou Etrange POUR HOMME!!!

Givenchy Ange ou Etrange POUR HOMME!!!
    The original is already pretty close to being something I'd wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post

I'd also love to see Chopard expand on their 'noble' series. Noble Oud would be on trend, even if I'm not much of an oud lover, or perhaps they could add some feminines to the lineup? How about Noble Incense, or Leather, now that could be fun.

For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

D&G The One Intense. PLEASE!

Dior Homme Parfum

Glad you brought this up OP.

My 2013 release wish list in order of preference:

1. Any new male fragrance by Creed. Last one was in 2010 with Aventus. I feel like it's just the right time for a new one.
    2. New Tom Ford Private Blend. Although I've only tried two of the recent Jardin Noir series fragrances (Cafe Rose and Lys Fume), I was disappointed. I really wish they would come up with a new fragrance on the caliber of Tobacco Vanille, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood, Amber Absolute, etc.
    3. New Mugler Pure flanker. Hopefully, this time it would be better than Pure Shot and Pure Leather.
    4. Re-release of Mugler Pure Coffee. Last re-release was over a year ago and it had old stock of juice. I would like there to be a re-release with new juice.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    TM Pure Rose - because the chocolate and rose would be nice.
    You have almost described Cannabis Santal there.

The idea of getting Heston Blumenthal to advise on a Gourmand is a great one.

I'd like Thierry Wasser to stop banging on about this IFRA compliant Oakmoss he's got access to, and actually make something new with it.

I would like to see a re-release of Lancome Balafre.

Dependent

• Shalimar Initial pour Homme
    • a Terre d'Hermes alternative that I like enough to buy
    • my dream green bitter animalic -- thinking civet, wormwood and violet leaf are the stars

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    I'd like Thierry Wasser to stop banging on about this IFRA compliant Oakmoss he's got access to, and actually make something new with it.
    yeah.

And if he's got it then my guess is Demachy should also have it . . . let's see what the boys come up with, even if it's just fixing a few of the old ones.

I'm also interested to see if this crowd who bought Patou off P&G can turn out a convincing remake of Pour Homme & Prive. Unlikely given the restrictions on ingredients but you never know?

Woth Mysore, Oakmoss and so much other stuff out of the loop I wouldn't even know what to fantasize about . . . I'm hoping Mathilde Laurent's L'Heure Vertueuse does the trick, though.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 19th December 2012 at 02:51 PM.

A*Men Pure Cannabis
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'd love to see:

Creed America (tobacco, pine, oakmoss, ambergris)
    Ralph Lauren Monogram re-release

Blog Entries

My wish: re-release of the original Jazz by YSL.

Gucci Pour Homme II Intense & Burberry London pour homme eau Extreme Please!!! Pretty sure it's never going to happen, but ahhh, one can dream....

75% of Creed (one of the best houses) scents extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    My wish: re-release of the original Jazz by YSL.
    This plus the rerelease of gucci rush
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I just thought of something else I'd love to see. A parfum concentration flanker of Love, Chloe. Something simmilar to what Chloe Lisy was to the Chloe EDP.

I'd also love to see Lanvin bring back My Sin. Partly because it's amazing, but also because I loved Arpege Pour Homme and would love to see how a pour homme version of My Sin would turn out.

Lastly, though I'm not the biggest fan of oud, and I'm fairly certain it's not in Chanel's style but I think an Oud flanker of Egoiste would have massive potential as long as they didn't change too much about Egoiste itself. It's already very woody and has a strong rose note after all.

Something decent from Chanel.
    It seems possible the special-edition 1932 may be added to the 'Exclusifs' line, which would be a good start.
    + what AndyM and Mr.R said.

Even if the current version is quite unisex already, I'd be curious and anxious, quite eager, about an even more masculine version of Eau de Gentiane Blanche by Hermes.

Gucci putting back in production Gucci Pour Homme I (2003) and Envy for men + making Envy for men Intense (which is not gonna happen even in a dream within a dream :P )

aventus extreme more longevity and sillage
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

Millesime Imperial with Aventus potency

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Off the top of my head, how about Histoires de Parfums doing a take on 1930s Harlem?

A dominate patchouli from Creed.

Also i want Van Cleef & Arpels to release another male fragrance. MIP has me pumped up (15 hours and going holy f***** s***)

Sex Panther, FTW.

It's time to musk up, fellas.

Balafre by lancome back on the shelves with Gucci PH I, the original Jules worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by dwcaldwell View Post
    Sex Panther, FTW.

Already available!

Mouchoir de Monsieur EDP and pure parfum. At least it will give some longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    ... At least it will give some longevity.
    Not if it were anything like the current Jicky parfum.

Sex Panther, FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Already available!
    Sadly, its been reformulated. It no longer smells like Bigfoots Dick...

Coromandel / 31 Rue Cambon / Sycomore in EdP or Pure concentration would make me happy.
    And a new male focussed Les Exclusifs would be awesome too.

Sex Panther, FTW.

Already available!
    Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Sadly, its been reformulated. It no longer smells like Bigfoots Dick...
    Perhaps IFRA or PETA mandated the removal of the bits of real panther. <sniffle/>

D&G The One Intense. PLEASE!
    A lot of good suggestions in here but this one would be on my list. I and my skin love the original but its gone in a heartbeat.

I like the idea of TM Pure Rose but can't see it knocking off TF NdN.

I wouldn't mind another boozey release from TM.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)