Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What Are Your Perfume Plans For 2013?

My perfume resolutions:

1. Only accept full bottles graciously given as gifts

2. Only buy decants and only if I have to absolutely have it

3. Edit wish list thoroughly. Do I REALLY want it?

4. Keep running total of costs and volumes bought this year

5. Finish all my samples before ordering any more

I bought 18 bottles in the last 3 months.
    Gotta reel this scent sniffing business in. I don't want to end up buying more than I could possibly enjoy.

I've got quite a list going at the moment; at the top of the list I have:

Les Nombres d'Or: Cuir Mona di Orio (eau de parfum; 100ml)
    Equipage Hermès (eau de toilette; 100ml)
    Bandit Robert Piguet (parfum extrait; 30ml)
    Iris Silver Mist Serge Lutens (eau de parfum; 75ml)
    28 La Pausa Chanel: Les Exclusifs (eau de toilette; 200ml)
    Derby Guerlain (eau de toilette; 100ml)
    Bois des Îles Chanel: Les Exclusifs (eau de toilette; 200ml)

My 2013 Fragrance resolutions:

I'd like to buy Neela Vermeire Trayee and Tableau de Parfums Miriam.

I'd like to make a more organized list (right now it's on scraps of paper) of what I've got and where. (so I don't accidentally buy a back up when I've already got one...)

After I get all organized, I may buy a just a few more back ups, from ebay, of discontinued favorites -- but only if I find a good deal, so it's worth the risk.

I'd like to sell about 20 bottles on ebay. (I keep planning on getting rid of this and that on ebay, but never seem to take the plunge. Maybe THIS is the year!)

I'll commit the occasional random act of fragrance kindness.

In my closet where I keep most of my collection, I'll occasionally move things around so the stuff in the back row gets a chance!

I'd like to get more samples and decants in larger sizes if I really like them - got some samples on the way and I'm really excited - and I'll try not to camp on here so much :/

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I expect to be buying less stuff in general in 2013.
    +1 on that. My "plan" is to spend much less in 2013 than I did in 2012. Unfortunately, that's not starting off too well!

1. Send out my 2 promised freebies from the freebie thread, which regrettably have remained unfilfulled for nearly a year and for which I feel guilty as hell. (I still have the same piece of notebook paper with names and addresses in Sharpie.) I've been busy, stressed, and broke a lot. Sorry ...

2. Continue sampling designer scents at the mall where I work. (Macy's, Sephora, etc.)

3. I want a full bottle of Dior Hypnotic Poison!!! I am obsessed over it right now, and the bottle is to die for.

4. Get rid of a couple of bottles which I simply don't wear, one of which gives me a headache- maybe repost a swap thread.

5.Write some reviews.

6. I need something by Hermes. I cannot have nothing by Hermes: CDOV, Eau des Merveilles, Elixir des Merveilles ... At least a small bottle or sample. I have used all my Hermes full bottles of days past: CDOV, UJM, UJSLN, Voyage d'Hermes ... Extinguished my samples of Terre d'Hermes, 24 Faubourg, Elixir des Merveilles. Hard times, hard times. I've loved all of Jean Claude Ellena's scents; they boost my mood and give me confidence like no other scent; I feel naked without them. So Hermes has become essential for me. It's either CDOV, Eau des Merveilles, or Elixir des Merveilles. I can't decide. I think I will go with a FB of CDOV and some samples or minis of the others. I would love to have FBs of all of them, but I simply can't afford it.

7. Try/learn more about men's fragrances.

8. Try a few niche fragrances.

9. Try a few more classic scents on my test list.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Like many others, I'm going to do lots of sampling. I have started to write down notes about every perfume I try and I'm gonna keep on doing that. I feel it really helps me concentrate on the fragrance. So far I haven't even covered my own very small collection, not to mention the samples.

Interesting conversation!

While I totally agree with plans to try new stuff and broaden horizons my approach will have a tighter focus. 2013 looks like thenyear that EU regulations will put the perfume out of it's misery - nearly a decade of cruel and unusual behaviour will finally culminate in a coup dE grace. After watching us suffer through so many classic works being reduced to facsimiles of themselves by reducing key ingredients to a tenth of whatnthey have been for decades, some will probably be banned entirely.

I'll be on the lookout for vintages of some personal favourites but will also consider which current releases I want to continue enjoying are in peril - these include relatively below the radar works like Tiffany for Men, Granville and any remaining Sous le Vent I can afford (we are still not 100% sure if that is discontinued, BTW) that still live and breath with some oakmoss in them.

So many are being reformulated it's difficult to keep up but I have made it a point to identify current stuff that is still good.

Puchases of more recent stuff for 2013 will include Encens Mythique & Songe d'un Bois from Guerlain and Mito from Vero Kern - I think these are standout releases from 2012. I may also grab some Opium, Cinnabar & Habanita just to catch them in their fading glory - I came to this far too late to own any of the original versions but no harm having even an 'end of an era' souvenir.

My 2013 fragrance plans are to whittle my collection down to a core wardrobe of no more than 50 fragrances (I do appreciate that 50 fragrances sounds pretty excessive...). I plan to sell some and to use up others.

Use more fragrance - spritzing my bath water, mixing fragrance with unscented lotion and carrying travel atomisers.

Operating a one in, three out policy.... Save that I plan to purchase some Cuir de Russie pure parfum on my birthday.

Avoiding impulse purposes, test then decant then on to the wish list....