Code of Conduct

Smile The real scent of Fleur d'oranger ( orange blossom)

Hi: I will never forget the scent of L'Occitane's home fragrance Fleur D'oranger. It's been discontinued but what I really want is a body fragrance, cologne, or perfume that will have the same scent, and that will remain for hours. The scent was exactly like the flower's, not a mix of different fragrances, powdery odors ( yuck) or fancy additions- just "fresh, feminine, and happy". I am looking forward to suggestions!!!!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The real scent of Fleur d'oranger ( orange blossom)

L'Occitane was making the same body fragrance as Fleur D'oranger toom spray, but have discontinued it. There is not a frag that is not mixed with some other flower to it's composition.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Feuilles & Fleurs d'Oranger by Galimard

Blog Entries

I have a bottle of the home fragrance that looks like the one in this blog post:

http://blog.lauramunson.com/2010/08/30/pimenton-obsession/

Is that the one you recall? I tried to PM you, but you have your settings set so as not to receive private messages.

Last edited by 30 Roses; 27th December 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Okay, well, the OP has not returned to the thread but here are a few other orange blossom perfumes:

The most realistic orange blossom for me is a discontinued fragrance made by L'Artisan called (no surprise) Fleur d'Oranger. There were 2 harvests, 2005 and 2007 sold in decorated, 100ml numbered/limited edition bottles with a wooden box, and it was re-released in 2011 in a regular 50 ml bottle/cardboard box (probably the leftover juice from the other harvest(s). Occasionally bottles come up on eBay, but expect to pay about $3/ml, which was the original retail price. ($295/100 ml)

Another discontinued orange blossom that pops up now and then on eBay is Victoria's Secret Lace: Orange Flower. This is a bit sweeter than the L'Artisan. No jasmine or spices or powderiness.

Have you tried Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom? An inexpensive and simple orange blossom. Pacifica now sells sample sizes of the perfume solid. This brand is carried by Whole Foods as well; you may be able to find a tester of it.

Prada makes Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger; the top notes are nice but then it becomes too soapy for me, but that may not bother you.

Jo Malone makes Orange Blossom cologne; I do not like it but a great many people do, so you may wish to sample it.

As you dislike powderiness, you'll want to avoid Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger -- it's very powdery!