Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Default Re: Synchronised Fridays 2013

Doh! Forgot it was Friday so didn't check synch. My choice today was a random grab - Tam Dao - but a FB not a sample. Will join you later. My samples are all over the place but have a box full of Les Senteurs ones so will choose from there.

Basenotes Plus

Just grabbed mine - Tom of Finland. Completely forgotten that I had it at all. Here goes ...

French Cancan Caron. Gorgeous! Seldom Im like Caron fragrances, but this one is an exception. Want a FB
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

I'm going to have to do a virtual choice by spinning the wardrobe random wheel because I am such a hopeless fraghead case that mine are all catalogued in alphabetical order so I would know where I was grabbing...

Randomiser says.... Chanel Sycomore new.....

Okey dokey then.....
    Currently wearing: Civet by Houbigant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Just grabbed mine - Tom of Finland. Completely forgotten that I had it at all. Here goes ...
    Go on yerself Jon!

OK, mine are kinda neat too in little boxes but I will guddle around a bit...OK SL Ambre Sultan for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    guddle
    Well there's a new word for the day. I really like that one. Grab + muddle = guddle

Haha, guddle! I have a collection of 3 white antique compote dishes that I use to hold my samples. Nothing too fancy but they're cute and convenient. A guddle around the smallest dish produced CdG Vettiveru.

Little experience with CdG here, this is only the second I've tried. Vettiveru has a nice floral/salty vetiver note but like my first sampling experience with this house, it doesn't feel like a real perfume to me. More like a functional scent such as shampoo, body wash, etc. Vettiveru is nice, just wouldn't buy.
    The nose wants what it wants!

queen of the universe

Pulled out the several bubble envelopes of goodies from kind basenote friends, closed my eyes, touched an envelope, then blind-grabbed a vial . Balmain de Balmain—thank you, sg!— it is, a suitably springy floral with green and peppery notes, reminding me of the Penhaligon's Peoneve of a few days earlier thanks to 30 Rose's sample pass. I don't get the chypre quality in B de B that others note; otoh, I have just applied, and oakmoss is our fashionably late friend after all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I'm going to have to do a virtual choice by spinning the wardrobe random wheel because I am such a hopeless fraghead case that mine are all catalogued in alphabetical order so I would know where I was grabbing...
    I'm not quite there yet but I do store my samples by house, so I gave the wardrobe randomiser a spin and it told me I was destined for... Forest Walk by Sonoma Scent Studio.

So I obediently headed for the SSS box, but started thinking about the other frags I wanted to revisit - Winter Woods? Fireside Intense? Tabac Aurea?

And then I pulled out the first vial and it was...

Forest Walk.
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by rowan- View Post
    I'm not quite there yet but I do store my samples by house
    Lol... then I beg to differ... I fear you are with me already

Lol... then I beg to differ... I fear you are with me already
    Then the first vial would have been Fireside Intense!

queen of the universe

mumsy, my goal is to organize, alas. Shoes, pencils, fragrances, eyeglasses, paperwork, my whole house is a case of "I know it's here somewhere..."
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I blind-grabbed Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume. Very faint sweetened tea, then sour-ish and fading quickly...

Most of my samples are in 4 boxes .So I Eeeny Meenyed and the Liz Claibourne Vivid hatbox style perfume box was" IT".I opened and blind chose the first I touched.Aaaarrgh ! I don't want to wear Georgio today!I looked at it.
    Whew...
    Not Georgio (of Beverly Hills).
    I random chose Sensi by Georgio Armani.
    Soft orange blossom seemed much nicer than strong tuberose today.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    I blind-grabbed Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume. Very faint sweetened tea, then sour-ish and fading quickly...
    Wow it's been years since I last wore Russian Caravan Tea. I must have bought it while I was on my tea frag roll though I don't remember it smelling anything like actual Russian Caravan Tea (which I love)!

I sense another back-of-wardrobe challenge coming up for me (thanks bonsai - has anyone ever told you that these two threads of yours complement each other very well?)

Most of my samples are at work- where I'm not on Fridays.But on Thursday I grabbed Mary Greenwell Lemon carded sample out of the drawer so imma gonna count it for this sample sync. It's only a day ahead.

Nice fruity true lemon opening and then....it just kept reminding me of Balmain de Balmain. Nice, but not an upgrade over the Balmain.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

This sync got me so enthusiastic that after Gardenia Petale has faded I reached for another sample. This time I was rewarded with Le Chevrefeuille from Annick Goutal. I wish she had added less citrus and concentrated more on honeysuckle.

This was a fun sync!

I got nothin' for VISCOUS (my sp?).
    Closest I can manage is the striking leather chypre Paradoxe de Cardin

Hm I don't think I have anything really vicious in my wardrobe... perhaps Mona di Orio Cuir or Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascèse?

Anyway am nursing a woolly head and a leaky nose and couldn't bear the thought of getting roughed up by either. So I chickened out, cocooned myself in Les Néréides Opoponax overnight and then dragged myself to work in Calé Preludio d'Oriente... so much for vicious!

I was also thinking about perfume with leather - mona di orio cuir or lutens cuir mauresque. The latter is quite visious.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

Ah, Cuir Mauresque. I need to try that some day (not today though). Funny that the perfume I eventually chose as my SOTD does actually have leather in it - Preludio d'Oriente is gorgeous incense with leather and wood, all very nice, dry, controlled and elegant. Not talked about very much here, but one I like very much.

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    mumsy, my goal is to organize, alas. Shoes, pencils, fragrances, eyeglasses, paperwork, my whole house is a case of "I know it's here somewhere..."
    It's only the frags that are in such order..... The rest of the house is in chaos....

I think today will have to be Oudh.

Blog Entries

Oudh's goudh mumsy.

Well, I think that the most vicious fragrance that I have (sample) is the screeching, spitting Jasmine and Lemongrass harpy that is O'Driu's Leva, but for those very reasons I don't want wear it. Hmmm. There is always the whip cracking bitter Cabochard, fabulous, and the cold, cold, Silences.

Sorry gals, I'm wimping out...... I really want a rose tonight. BUT, BUTwait a minute, roses have thorns, and thorns are vicious. By gad I've done it!!!!

Don't I always say that "The Friday synch makes you think!"

So, Rose de Petra by Stephane Humbert Lucas 777, from a sample.

Lol.... I read the synch as viscous not vicious, that's why I chose Oudh... but it does as well either way.....

A fragrance you perceive as "vicious". ok viscous works equally well. I rename this sync the -viscously vicious. Many more options with all the resinous ingredients available.

LOL Foustie you are a genius! I couldn't help think of Morticia Adams cutting off all the rose blooms from her thorny stems after reading your post.

I could only come up with Tubereuse Criminelle for a "vicious" scent. Alas, I had to go scentless on Friday (and the entire weekend) so I did not wear it. I'm not sure if I would have had the courage to wear it anyway, it's quite a vile creature.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I could only come up with Tubereuse Criminelle for a "vicious" scent. Alas, I had to go scentless on Friday (and the entire weekend) so I did not wear it. I'm not sure if I would have had the courage to wear it anyway, it's quite a vile creature.
    Was that as a solid perfume or as a liquid perfume or edt out of curiosity? I tried it the other day and found it quite gentle and pleasant as the solid wax sample in their mailing sample set. I may have to try again now you say that and i'm no lover of tuberose scents normally.

Was that as a solid perfume or as a liquid perfume or edt out of curiosity? I tried it the other day and found it quite gentle and pleasant as the solid wax sample in their mailing sample set. I may have to try again now you say that and i'm no lover of tuberose scents normally.
    Hi mumsy, I have a bottle of Tubereuse Criminelle. I don't think there exist multiple versions of the "liquid" stuff. The gasoline-like note in it is very strong and it doesn't disappear later either. I only tried it on my wrist though. More "Criminelle" than "Tubereuse" on me.

Not sure how small you want but I think this one only has 3 fragrances?

Institut Tres Bien Tres Russe(the parfum, this one was limited edition usually its cologne)
    DONNA

I don't think you can make it much smaller, Donna! Though now that I come to think of it Maria Amalia only has one scent and so does Anne Pliska.

I am wearing Ormonde Jayne's Tiare form a sample, a beautiful green floral, leaning a bit towards a cyphre. A perfect spring scent.