Code of Conduct

Default Advice wanted, seeking similar fragrance...

Hi all,

I'm new here, but not new to fragrances. Owned quite a lot of them.
    At the moment I own:

-Nikos Sculpture
    -Dior Eau Sauvage (which I hate, smells like lemon pledge for real)
    -Dior Homme Intense (my favourite at the moment)
    -Moschino Uomo
    -Calvin Klein Obsession for men
    -Bvlgari Black
    -Paco Rabanne One Million

Now, what I wanted to ask is the following;

I really really love fresh fragrances, like for instance True Star for Men by Tommy Hilfiger, I think it's wonderfull.
    But...the longevity is absolutely ridiculous. Last for about half an hour, and projection is quite poor too.

So my question, does anybody know a fragrance like it, just as fresh, which doesn't have such a terrible longevity and projection??

Appreciate it, thanks.

Default Re: Advice wanted, seeking similar fragrance...

Montale Fougere Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Fresh materials often are somewhat short lived. A fresh material that lasts a long time is vetiver. Examples are Guerlain Vetiver, Givenchy Vetiver, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Lalique Encre Noire.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

It's a controversial recommendation around here since many find its category (fresh and sporty) rather ho-hum, but Bleu de Chanel nails the fresh vibe with some class and it certainly lasts a decent amount of time. I'm more of a vetiver guy myself, so I second recommendations in that category (including, perhaps, Terre d'Hermes, which has a surprisingly lasting grapefruit/orange accord in its first period).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Welcome!

Fresh materials often are somewhat short lived. A fresh material that lasts a long time is vetiver. Examples are Guerlain Vetiver, Givenchy Vetiver, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Lalique Encre Noire.

cacio
    I agree and WELCOME!!!
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Welcome!

cacio
    Welcome! I too, like a nice fresh vetiver. One of my favorites, especially fresh with good citrus is Prada Infusion de Vetiver. The vetiver here is a little understated which some don't like, but I find it to be a nice change. It projects well and lasts longer than I thought it might when I bought it.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    It's a controversial recommendation around here since many find its category (fresh and sporty) rather ho-hum, but Bleu de Chanel nails the fresh vibe with some class and it certainly lasts a decent amount of time. I'm more of a vetiver guy myself, so I second recommendations in that category (including, perhaps, Terre d'Hermes, which has a surprisingly lasting grapefruit/orange accord in its first period).
    The Bleu also gets my vote. Fresh, clean, classy with very decent longevity and projection. Even on my dry skin. Try and sample it. Welcome to Basenotes.

Post Thanks / Like

One more recommendation, if you're welling to go a bit more left-of-center, would be L'Artisan Timbuktu, which manages to be fresh (in a "green" way) while side-stepping the feel of the usual fresh/sport scents out there entirely. Instead it's sheer, radiant, slightly tangy, and reminiscent of incense without being at all heavy. I personally find it refreshing (though it took a bit to really grow on me).

Thanks for all the replies and the welcomes

I see some good fragrances, which have already been recommended to me at one point but I haven't gotten around to buy them yet. Guerlain Vetiver, Terre d'Hermes, and Bleu de Chanel...I absolutely love that one! Had a sample of it once, love. it. But it's so darn expensive I always end up buying something else.
    I'm considering Bleu de Chanel at this point...

While we're at it, does anybody like Polo(the original green one) by Ralph Lauren? I feel like this is also a real fresh one...

Also, I want to try M7 by Yves Saint Laurent some time, would anybody recommend this one?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

M7 is great IMHO IF you find the original version and not the reformulated one. I would not consider this fresh at all. This is really a POWERHOUSE frag such as Kouros and the like. This is definitely a love or hate scent. Younger guys really don't seem to like this one, or most of the ones that I talk to don't, but a middle aged guy like me loves this stuff. Big fan of most of the older power house scents. I love DHI as well, as it is one of my faves. At the same time I also love Kouros, LIDGE. I'm pretty vers when it comes to choosing a scent. I don't wear them necessarily because everyone else is. Sometimes the ones that most hate, are the ones that stand out to me and the ones that are my "go to scents" Welcome to BN

Dior Homme Intense is heavenly, agreed.

I really like it's projection, it's very strong but not overpowering. Does anybody perhaps know any other Eau de parfums for men that are as good as DHI?

Thanks for the welcome by the way
    And I'm still at Bleu de Chanel, if I haven't figured another one out by tomorrow, I will go out and buy Bleu, can't go wrong there