• Burberry Brit

2 11.11%
  • Ed Hardy Love and Luck

4 22.22%
  • Other

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Need Help Selecting Cologne For College

Hey guys, I'm buying another cologne and need your help. I recently bought The One and love it. It has a "fancy" vibe to it that I really dig. So I'm looking at colognes on amazon and have narrowed the list to a few and needed help.
    I already own the following-
    - Issey Miyake
    - Polo Black
    - One Million
    - Le Male
    - Eau Fraiche
    - Hanae Mori (Didn't really like it and neither did people at school)
    - Very Sexy
    - Angel Men (I like it, not balsy enough to wear it often)
    - Fierce
    - Allure Homme sport
    - Platinum Egoiste
    - Boss Bottled
    - Rochas Man
    - Burberry London
    - Burberry Brit
    - Black XS
    - Code
    - La nuit de la homme
    - Givenchy Pi
    - Aqua Di Gio
    - The One
    -David Beckham Homme

I'm a college bound high school senior and so I need a good versatile fragrance for college. The choices are Dreamer, Essential Sport, Love and Luck , and Versace Pour Homme. Feel free to choose any other fragrance sold by amazon or give general suggestions however I these are are at about $40 (for 3.4) and that is the price range I was looking at. Also I am most likely going to go to college in a mostly/hot (Austin) warm climate. Once again thanks for helping me out.
    Last edited by 102; 22nd December 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Need Help Selecting Cologne For College

Essential Sport

Boss Bottled. I'm not a fan, but it's popular for a reason.

Is none of those an option? Brit isn't bad, but I rarely wear it. To be honest, I never get compliments at college, so really it's just a matter of what you like that won't choke others out.

The Dreamer It's an acquired taste. I personally didn't like it.
    Lacoste Essential Sport I have not tried it. But most Lacoste fragrances tend to be college-safe
    Versace Pour Homme Tried it. I wasn't impressed, but it is definitely a nice scent
    Burberry Brit It's nice and subtle. Very soft. In a sense, powdery but I like it. Almost purchased a bottle
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck Definitely college-safe. In fact, this one is just safe in general. My favorite from the one's you've listed
    Other Boss Bottled has been suggested before, and I'll go ahead and second it. A lot of people love this stuff, including myself

On your list : Versace PH , woman love it

Not on your lust:
    F Black by Ferragamo
    Kiton Men
    Bleu de Chanel
    Thallium
    Dior Homme Sport 2012
    Nautica Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    Boss Bottled. I'm not a fan, but it's popular for a reason.
    This

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Boss Bottled
    +1 Bleu de Chanel
    +1 Dior Homme Sport
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I'm on the Boss Bottled Wagon as well.

It sort of depends what you want to spend as well. So far my favorite college scent far and away is Himalaya by Creed. I got a big 4 oz bottle for $125, and I love that stuff to death. It's crisp, clean, just a little dark, but still fresh with a nice lemon bite with a frosted musk over the whole thing. It's a winner, and doesn't fill a lecture hall, nor distract people too much while still being noticeable from the legion of Axe wearers out there (though, to my nose it still has a bit of an Axe vibe, which isn't really a bad thing).

If less money is the target, Bleu de Chanel seems to be popular and pretty safe. I smelled it at Macys a long while ago and thought it was nice, but nothing I really wanted that moment (I ended up getting 1 million though, so you can tell that was back in my very inexperienced days). You could also check out Armani Code. It's not beloved around here, but it's a nice frag at designer prices that you could wear every day if you wanted.

And, I should clarify from before, there is nothing wrong with Burberry Brit, you just have to like powdery fragrances, which is why I struggle to wear it. It has a nice ginger note though.

already have boss bottled. its on the list lol.

From your list Brit, as my sugestion Bleu, MiP.

Quote Originally Posted by 102 View Post
    already have boss bottled. its on the list lol.
    you should edit your OP to say "I already own the following:" You say I have this list, and as of right now I have...
    I can see how everybody thought those were options to recommend.
    But I read your entire post, so...

Love and Luck.
    +1 Bleu de Chanel (hard to find at $40 I would imagine...)
    along the warmer (1million, boss bottled, london) line try Carbone de Balmain by Balmain or Corduroy by Zirh(dirt cheap, low sillage but decent longeity.)
    and you seem to like aquatics and "fresh" so Zirh Ikon(also very cheap but good,) and Mont Blanc Legend.

Banned
    Blog Entries

the dreamer is the only one from your list i would recommend to anyone

It sort of depends what you want to spend as well. So far my favorite college scent far and away is Himalaya by Creed. I got a big 4 oz bottle for $125, and I love that stuff to death. It's crisp, clean, just a little dark, but still fresh with a nice lemon bite with a frosted musk over the whole thing. It's a winner, and doesn't fill a lecture hall, nor distract people too much while still being noticeable from the legion of Axe wearers out there (though, to my nose it still has a bit of an Axe vibe, which isn't really a bad thing).

If less money is the target, Bleu de Chanel seems to be popular and pretty safe. I smelled it at Macys a long while ago and thought it was nice, but nothing I really wanted that moment (I ended up getting 1 million though, so you can tell that was back in my very inexperienced days). You could also check out Armani Code. It's not beloved around here, but it's a nice frag at designer prices that you could wear every day if you wanted.
    I want to know where you bought Bleu de Chanel for an appreciable amount less than $1 per ml (what you paid for Himalaya) because I paid $140 dollars for my 100ml bottle and that was only ten or fifteen dollars more than at online discounters. Never seen it for less than $100 and - in all honesty - probably wouldn't trust it if I did. Never seen ANY Chanel masculine for less than $100 for that matter apart from Pour Monsieur

From this list, either the Dreamer or Love&Luck.

I want to know where you bought Bleu de Chanel for an appreciable amount less than $1 per ml (what you paid for Himalaya) because I paid $140 dollars for my 100ml bottle and that was only ten or fifteen dollars more than at online discounters. Never seen it for less than $100 and - in all honesty - probably wouldn't trust it if I did. Never seen ANY Chanel masculine for less than $100 for that matter apart from Pour Monsieur
    Sephora sells Bleu de Chanel for $84 in the 3.4 oz size. I've seen it for less on occasion, sometimes as low as $60 without even broaching eBay or other forums.

From what you've mentioned, 102, I think that Burberry Brit is the best choice. All of your mentions are wearable, inoffensive fragrances, but the powdery ginger and nutmeg found in Brit make it very appealing and would easily be what I'd prefer smelling like out of the options. Within the same price range, I'd recommend John Varvatos Artisan. It's not especially strong nor does it have tremendous sillage, but you don't exactly want to make your classmates gag in the Austin heat.

At my local Macy's it's $60-$80.

At my local Macy's it's $60-$80.
    Sephora sells Bleu de Chanel for $84 in the 3.4 oz size. I've seen it for less on occasion, sometimes as low as $60 without even broaching eBay or other forums.
    Jeez and retailers in this country wonder why everyone is buying online. Our dollar is worth more than yours and has been for quite some time now but we're paying up to 100% more for the same product, that's just insulting.