Code of Conduct

Default Those great little decants from Luckyscent

If you're not already familiar with them, Luckyscent is FANTASTIC about providing little glass decants with purchase. You can also buy just samples quite reasonably.

Here's the question for all of you - how best to wear these? I mean, to get them from the vial to the skin? There's no sprayer. They use the kind of glass vial with a plastic stopper; on the stopper is a little rod to dip into the fragrance. I've tried using this as a kind of "brush" but it's really little and it takes a while. I've tried using it like a splash, but then most of the fragrance winds up on your hands.

I'm thinking of transferring it to a little spray atomizer, but then that's essentially one per decant (I have a fair few of them).

Open to suggestions here.

Default Re: Those great little decants from Luckyscent

I tend to upright the vial onto my skin and drag it along (if that makes sense).

I bought a 50 pack of small sprays from Accessories for Fragrances for about $30. Transfer the vials into those.

Blog Entries

If like the sample when dabbed, I transfer it to an atomizer.

I tend to buy 2 samples of the each scent as the sample gets used up faster when atomized. But then, I do not buy many samples and have gotten away from buying samples of "iffy" fragrances.

Actually never use these. I just give them to friends.

I first sniff them to see if I like them overall and then put them in 2ml atomizers to test.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I tend to upright the vial onto my skin and drag it along (if that makes sense).
    What gandhajala said. And if I really like what I smell, I transfer whatever's left into an atomizer.

I bought a bag of 2ml plastic atomizers.. I personally HATE daubers. you get maybe a 2cm by 2cm area of frag on your skin. An atomizer takes that same amount, and spreads it over a huge area. You get the full Top notes, and how it develops. I actually hated both Aventus and Tom Ford TV when I first daubed them. Wrote scathing reviews...then I spritzed and found them wonderful. It's like having a shot glass of gasoline/petrol in your garage, or putting that much petrol in a spritzer and spraying it around...which will be stronger?
    Both TPC and StC sell all samples in an upgraded atomizer if you buy more than just 1ml

I buy two or three of a sample and transfer it to a n atomizer.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

I tend to buy 2 samples of the each scent as the sample gets used up faster when atomized. But then, I do not buy many samples and have gotten away from buying samples of "iffy" fragrances.
    I too am starting to buy or collect multiple samples of a scent and then transfer them to small atomizers so that I can give them a more complete test run. And I'm much more selective about the samples I buy these days then I was when I first started my journey down this rabbit hole.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

I do exactly this.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle