Code of Conduct

Question a modern Floris N 89?

Hi i,m fan of Floris 89, but curious in know if exists a modern version of this, a similar fragance but with a modern touch?

his options,please?

thanks in advance
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond N9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

Default Re: a modern Floris N 89?

Only seen the regular No 89. No modern versions are listed.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Only seen the regular No 89. No modern versions are listed.
    Agree. There has only been one release of this scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think the OP wants to know if there are fragrances by other manufacturers which are similar to Floris No. 89 but with a more modern character.

I might be able to come up with something, but I'll have to revisit No. 89 before I make any recommendations. It's been a long time since I last wore it.

Sound Scents

Personally I see No 89 (especially in vintage form) as so traditional it is hard to envision a modern version of it, and I love it just the way it is.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Check out Domenico Caraceni 1913....I get a similar vibe with that and No. 89.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I think the OP wants to know if there are fragrances by other manufacturers which are similar to Floris No. 89 but with a more modern character.

I might be able to come up with something, but I'll have to revisit No. 89 before I make any recommendations. It's been a long time since I last wore it.
    yes, sorry for my bad english , i speak about a similar floris 89 with modern touch.

thanks
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond N9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

The stand-out feature, imo, of No.89 is the discreet use of tuberose in such a traditionally "manly" fragrance. Now that men are wearing more tuberose frags in general, it's not considered so unusual. So, how about suggesting for the OP something with a dash of tuberose or other "white flower" vibe? I'm going to think on this. Back later.

Just curious as to what you would define as a modern touch. Notes such as aquatic, fruity, or gourmand? More sweetness?

What is it about No. 89 that seems old fashioned to you? What part of it would you change to make it more modern?

No. 89 has a pretty traditional structure - citrus and herbs on top, florals and spice in the middle, and moss and woods in the base. It has kinship with traditional colognes as well as chypres. What parts would you like to be different?

Do you know Burberry Brit? It's sweeter, softer, and spicier than No. 89, but I suppose it could be considered an updating of a traditional British citrusy cologne.
    Last edited by noggs; 21st December 2012 at 06:33 PM.

Hi Noggs, i really enjoy 89, but i find the floral combo a little dated.