Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default completing your collection

i love this hobby. it gives me enjoyment everyday to put on something and being able to smell great. i have a collection of roughly 15 - 20 bottles and i like to have a rotation. i do categorize mine into the spring/summer and fall/winter because on me some of mine can get cloying when the temperature outside reaches a certain point, and i like to rotate the seasons to not get bored of what i have. i do not see myself ever having more than 50 or 100 bottles, i like to wear what i have. but for me, the end of the road is a long ways away. i dont ever see myself actually completing my collection, but i see myself finding a balance for every situation, season, feeling/emotion, etc. my question for all of you is:

what fragrances do you think brings you closer to finding that feeling of satisfaction/completion/balance etc. etc?

mine are as follows:
    - a rose fragrance: im leaning towards egoiste, but i still have more sampling and researching to do.
    - more "spring/summer" fragrances: i know many do not categorize their fragrances as either or, and wear them year round. i am not one of those people. for the upcoming spring/summer i am looking at dior homme, dior homme sport, creed aventus and GIT, prada amber, john varvatos artisan, mugler cologne and possibly an aquatic.
    - a GREAT vetiver: either guerlain, tom ford GV, etc.
    - a "fun" fragrance: yes this is general, but being young still i was thinking of something like diesel fuel for life or aquolina blue sugar. something different and younger.
    these could change tomorrow, but as of right now this could possibly bring me that balance im looking for.

what fragrances would help you?

Default Re: completing your collection

These have continued to give me balance:

Gengis Khan
    Siecle
    Balafre

Post Thanks / Like

I want more than what my wife likes. I can settle for samples and decants of a few things I know she doesn't like to be around such as:
    Vetivers
    Incense
    Most vanillas
    Kouros
    Terre de Hermes
    Aoud

For full bottles of what she can handle... I have enough warm winter scents, so I think I need...
    A nice fougere without powder or soap
    Bleu de Chanel

I already have these types but want
    Boss no.6
    Pure Malt

Want but hard to justify
    M

This could go on. I don't know if there is such a thing as a "complete" collection for a collector...

Mine is Palazzo By Fendi

Aventus for life! Just came from a party and I got five compliments tonight after wearing this masterpiece. I couldn't smell a thing. But the ladies did!

I have finally found a house that has a style that suits me down to the ground. I really like the Murdock range of fragrances and I have three bottles from their range and aim to get the other three they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Though quite diversified, I too feel that my collection isn't yet nowhere near being complete.

Almost irrespective or the fragrance house, market niche, crafting perfumers etc., I'd wish the following categories would be better covered in the future, namely: more classic EDC, more unisex scents, even a bit more gourmands, more barbershop-style colognes, more iris but also various other florals, especially jasmine, more citrus, chypre and/or combinations of the two and list may go on.

Post Thanks / Like

My colection have not been complete ( and hope never will be ... i love that feeling )...

Just now i need :

New Harlem ( gurmand )
    Royal Oud ( versatile oud )
    Rose 31 ( best men rose together with lumiere noir )

MiP are geting in again and again... Magnetism too ( found it in one parfume store on sale ).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Job jobbed for me, done and dusted.

I have been interested in fragrances for over 25 years and throughout ALL this time I have owned and worn Aramis 900, Antaeus and Kouros and I know I always will.

More recently I've found Sables, 1740, Patchouli 24, Encre Noire, Blenheim Bouquet, Yatagan and Cuir De Russie and to be honest, I'd be happy enough with just this list of 10 fragrances and nothing else forever.

In fact, the more I think about stuff like this, the more I wonder why I ever consider sampling or buying anything else.

Encre Niore is a hec of a fragrance. Another masterpiece!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Job jobbed for me, done and dusted.

I have been interested in fragrances for over 25 years and throughout ALL this time I have owned and worn Aramis 900, Antaeus and Kouros and I know I always will.

More recently I've found Sables, 1740, Patchouli 24, Encre Noire, Blenheim Bouquet, Yatagan and Cuir De Russie and to be honest, I'd be happy enough with just this list of 10 fragrances and nothing else forever.

In fact, the more I think about stuff like this, the more I wonder why I ever consider sampling or buying anything else.

I have a list of everything I want. My 'complete collection so far consists of about 43. If I find something new that isn't too similar, that I love I'll add it. So far these are the ones I'm planning on buying eventually

Silver Mountain Water
    Jeux De Peau
    Menthe Fraiche
    Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Portrait of a Lady
    En Passant
    Tonka Imperiale
    Coromandel
    Reflection Man
    Bulgari Black
    Bronze Goddess
    Invasion Barbare
    Aqua Universalis Forte
    Xerjoff Kobe
    L'air Du Desert Marocain
    Prada Amber
    Bigarade Concentree*
    Montauk
    Chenč
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM