Code of Conduct

Default Help me find new scent for the wife -- please :)

She loves Creed SMW and Erolfa -- but I think she is up for trying something new -- hopefully in a similar vein. She does not like super flowery smells -- prefers fresh and clean scents generally. On me she likes Aventus and Spice and Wood if that helps.

Thanks is advance

Default Re: Help me find new scent for the wife -- please :)

I ran into an amazing fresh clean scent today...Chanel Cristalle Eau Vert. I was NOT expecting something that was "fresh and clean" and "green" that I would actually LIKE but I really liked that!!!!

I have no idea what SMW or Erolfa smells like so I can't help there.

Thanks. I will make a list and grab some samples. Eau Vert is on the list now.

Considering my favorites for bright and clean options:

Parfumerie Generale l'Eau Rare Matale: Tea, burned wood, and clean flowing water. At least, that's what I get.

Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale: Bright sparkly ginger, with the appeal of the perfect ice-cold root beer, though it doesn't actually _say_ "root beer".

Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint: In case she wants to ease into florals. Yes, there's plenty of jasmine, but for me the mint and other notes keep it from being aggressively girly-floral.

Issey Miyake A Scent: Another clean green. It might be too sweet and floral, but it's worth a sniff to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFreak View Post
    Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint: In case she wants to ease into florals. Yes, there's plenty of jasmine, but for me the mint and other notes keep it from being aggressively girly-floral.
    Trish McEvoy Snow Drop and Crystal flowers is another good one- I sampled it and like it enough to have just bought a bottle. It's not an every day scent for me...it's my "special occasions" scent (I milked that sample until I had a chance to buy a bottle lol.) It's very good. It's floral but it doesn't "say" floral.

Graceful. Discover No. 3 Snowdrop & Crystal Flowers, an indescribably soft, elegant and indulgent scent that combines snowdrop flowers, sensuous crystal musk and precious jasmine with clementine blossoms and sheer freesia
    It's very "crystal" and not so much "floral" to me. I love florals but don't usually want to SMELL like one, and this is perfect. It reads to me as clean and bright and just hints at flowers somehow.

However, it is a "loud" scent (at least to me.) I feel like it WILL GET NOTICED which is another reason it's a "special occasion" scent for me.

It's definitely worth picking up a sample, especially if you go to Nordstrom's where you can get easy free samples.

Thanks a ton. Will probably mail a samplers list in sometime tomorrow. Will let you know what she thinks after Xmas.

I think she might like Yvresse or Baryshnikov.

Hit the stores yesterday. She was not a fan of the Chanel, but thought the Jo Malone was lovely and found a second Malone she liked too -- Lime, Basil something.

Mandarine?

If it's still around check out Chloe's eau de Fleurs Capucine

Will do and thanks. The Jo Malone's seem quite nice, but longevity is really short which is annoying.

Sisley Eau de Campagne is one of my faves in this cathegory. A really "clean" smelling scent to me is NR for her EdT. I really liked Eternity Aqua, too!!
    Last edited by musse; 24th December 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Can t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Musse, Merry Christmas to you, dear. Before you disappear again. Much much love.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Musse, Merry Christmas to you, dear. Before you disappear again. Much much love.
    Thank you so much, sweetie! I promise not to disappear again.

Much love and Christmas hugs to you!!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan