Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: If you can have ONLY one bottle from the L'Art et La Matiere line what it be?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angelique Noire

1 1.92%
  • Bois d'Arménie

10 19.23%
  • Cruel Gardenia

0 0%
  • Cuir Beluga

8 15.38%
  • Iris Ganache

3 5.77%
  • Rose Barbare

3 5.77%
  • Spiritueuse Double Vanille

10 19.23%
  • Tonka Imperiale

15 28.85%
  • Myrrh and Delires

2 3.85%

Default What is your favorite fragrance from Guerlain's L'Art et La Matiere?

If you can have ONLY one bottle from the L'Art et La Matiere line what would it be?

Default Re: What is your favorite fragrance from Guerlain's L'Art et La Matiere?

Voted Tonka Imperiale altho I don't own a bottle, I have a couple of lab samples from Guerlain and these will last a while. If Quand Vient la Pluie or 180 Ans were more readily available this one would not be so uniquely positioned as a sort of throwback to the more singleminded Guerlainade style of early Apres l'Ondee Extrait for both sexes, I suspect, but there it is - it's a lovely piece of work.

That said, I bought a bottle of Myrrhe et Delires last week - fell for this over the summer and decided it was a must have.

Default Re: What is your favorite fragrance from Guerlain's L'Art et La Matiere?

Bois d’Arménie is a heavenly incense fragrance. Though I own, wear & appreciate the Incense line from CdG; I would gladly trade them all (all right that's a lie, I'd keep Avignon) for a full bottle of Bois d’Arménie, it is that superior.

Only tried Cuir Beluga and SDV. Both are really good smelling and last very long, but I think I much prefer the immortelle from Cuir Beluga over SDV's vanilla.

Rose Barbare.
    Something so uncivilized about it.

for swap/sale:

Tonka Imperiale

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Bois d’Arménie is a heavenly incense fragrance. Though I own, wear & appreciate the Incense line from CdG; I would gladly trade them all (all right that's a lie, I'd keep Avignon) for a full bottle of Bois d’Arménie, it is that superior.
    This one.

My choice would be SDV

My only bottle from the range so far is Tonka Imperiale. I do appreciate Cuir Beluga and would gladly by it if there was a smaller size bottle available. It's just hard to justify the expense since both TI and CB are built on the same 'platform' and even though though these are two distinct frags, they have a lot in common.
    I would be curious to know which one of the two sells best. My guess is TI as it is slightly more 'explicit' (and I mean it in a good way))

Blog Entries

Bois d'Armenie for me. Tonka Imperiale would be next, and maybe SDV after that.

Cuir Beluga, and luckily for me I'm getting it as a late Christmas present from the Vegas boutique!! Bois d'Armenie's awesome too, though, and I have small decants of a few others...just wish the bottles were less $$$ since I love them so much.

Tonka Imperiale! I am waiting to see a split pop up domestically for this gem that I used to own and regret selling.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I love this fragrance. On my skin, Bois d'Armenie opens with dark woods on a sweet patchouli/musk base, with light whiffs of incense and spice.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Cuir Beluga. Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    My only bottle from the range so far is Tonka Imperiale. I do appreciate Cuir Beluga and would gladly by it if there was a smaller size bottle available. It's just hard to justify the expense since both TI and CB are built on the same 'platform' and even though though these are two distinct frags, they have a lot in common.
    I would be curious to know which one of the two sells best. My guess is TI as it is slightly more 'explicit' (and I mean it in a good way))
    Agree with you. I own CB and see no point buying TI.

I would imagine TI sells better because it's newer and has more of a push behind it as a result.

Guerlainista

I answered Iris Ganache since that's the only one I own. It's discontinued though.

If I were to get a new one today, it would likely be Tonka Imperiale. I haven't tried Myrrhe et Delires yet, though.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There are many misses among them as far as I am concerned, but both Rose Barbare and Iris Ganache (except for the deep base, which is plain bland) are superb. I went for Rose Barbare.

This is probably my least favorite "exclusive" series among all the Guerlains. That said, I'f probably go for either Myrrhe And Delires or Bois D'Armenie.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tonka Imperiale
    Yep!

Basenotes Institution

Definitely Bois d'Armenie
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Bois d'Armenie was the only one that worked on my skin. I liked Double vanille and Tonka imperial but they turned horrendously sour on my skin after 5 min so i ended up with a bottle of Bois d'Armenie. The Myrrh and Delires is a good too, but too feminine for me i think

I own and love Bois d'Armenie and Cuir Beluga. I think they are fantastic in autumn and winter respectively. But since I discovered Myrrhe et Delires and fortunately received it for Christmas I believe this one is the most beautiful of the whole line. It's more quiet, less sweet and simply stunning!

Tonka Imperiale for sure

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Sdv.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Bois d'Armenie is the first one I bought, after paper testing a several from the line.