Code of Conduct

Thread: Murdocks

Default Murdocks

Tried on Murdocks Black tea,and was very disappointed at its longevity,seemed to be about 1/2 hour.
    Not a bad price by todays outrageous standards but prefer longer lasting.

Murray

Default Re: Murdocks

Murdocks has very good barbershop fragrances. I own Bright Leaf. Original tobacco leaf with a touch of cedar. Wore it a lot this winter. On me, it last about 6 hours. Jack Hunter is Murdock man on basenotes.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 9th April 2013 at 06:55 PM.

I have four bottles from the range including Black Tea and I get about five or so hours from that one before it turns into a skin scent. I'm guessing it must be down to skin chemistry why you get bad longevity.

Any one tried the Pachouli?,my fav from being a young hippy,expect its has become a tad more sophisticated.

Murray

Quote Originally Posted by blackcabmal View Post
    Any one tried the Pachouli?,my fav from being a young hippy,expect its has become a tad more sophisticated.

Murray
    I'm wearing this today as my SOTD and it's my 2nd favourite behind Black Tea.

It opens with a fresh soft spicyness with patchouli, cardamom with a dose of pepper and it smells very nice. The patchouli is very earthy and low key, it never overwhelms but is subtlely blended amongst other notes but is still the spicy heart of the fragrance.

I can pick up some florals in the midnotes mixing with the earthy spicy patchouli which is probably what is giving the scent that freshness in the opening. In the basenotes you can smell the earthy patchouli on a light bed of Frankincense and I have to say it smells really nice . Well worth checking out.

Thanks for that,going into Liberty tomorrow for a few squirts.

Hey Jack, Have you ever used Bright Leaf in warmer weather? Only wore this during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Hey Jack, Have you ever used Bright Leaf in warmer weather? Only wore this during the winter.
    Me too, it will be interesting how it performs and if the tobacco will bloom or become cloying. Will test it out when the warmer weather reaches England if it ever does.

Will take a chance and test it out tomorrow. I'll give myself a starter kit with two sprays, and by the time I go to the gym, I will know if this works out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Me too, it will be interesting how it performs and if the tobacco will bloom or become cloying. Will test it out when the warmer weather reaches England if it ever does.

Basenotes Plus

I wear it quite often down here in Florida. Never has become cloying. Seeing it they advertise it as a fragrance worn by gentleman in 50's Havana, which is not known for cool weather, you should be fine.

Thanks for that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I wear it quite often down here in Florida. Never has become cloying. Seeing it they advertise it as a fragrance worn by gentleman in 50's Havana, which is not known for cool weather, you should be fine.

That's good to hear I will look forward to the warmer weather.

Basenotes Plus

That's good to hear I will look forward to the warmer weather.
    I think the cedar note keeps the tobacco from becoming cloying like I get with TV when it is humid down here.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I think the cedar note keeps the tobacco from becoming cloying like I get with TV when it is humid down here.
    I can't even begin to imagine wearing TV in the humid South Florida. It must radiate like an atomic bomb.

I get my hair cut there and my ( female) barber wears patchouli .
    Smells great. Unfortunately she sometimes wears Gucci rush.