Code of Conduct

Thread: Jardin D'Amalfi

Default Jardin D'Amalfi

So, I rarely hear people talk about this, but it is split pretty often around here. I know Jack Hunter is a fan, but what do others think of this one? I only really ask since there are only 5 reviews in the database, and it never seems to be mentioned outside of the split board. I may pick it up (via a split or something) with my new found Christmas cash, so I'd like to know the thoughts of those who have tried it or tested it. I'm a bit of a Creed fan and own five of their frags already and thought it may be a nice addition to my collection for summer/spring.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Jardin D'Amalfi

I like it, but my skin doesn't. I had to bail on the party for this one. It's too bad, because it's great on paper. But even my clothes seem to make it go bad. It's just one note that I really don't like. I'm not going to mention it, 'cause I don't want to ruin the show for anybody else.

On paper, it's beautiful. But I have so many Creeds that I love - especially Virgin Island Water and Aventus - there's no worries for me!

Basenotes Plus

It's a fantastic scent, probably one of the best that Creed has. You most likely do not hear much about it, since until recently has only been available in the 250ml flacon @ $640.00. They now offer a 1-oz bottle at $205.00, which is quite steep seeing you can get in on a 50ml split for considerably less.

The price is most likely keeps the average person from really enjoying this fragrance.

Personally think it's a very nice scent.

This one is way too floral for me. It kind of reminds me of Light Blue from D&G.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally think it's a very nice scent.
    It is, but for the price Creed is charging it should be a bit more than just nice. Even the split price is ridiculous.

For now, a bit floral and the price is prohibitive. One can measure worth by the amount of enjoyment had from the experience. For me, I'm not there yet. It is a very well made beautiful fragrance, no denying that.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

My top fragrance right now, I just can't get enough of it. Hopefully it won't be discontinued seeing how it's a royal exclusive.

to me this is a great scent that I would wear a lot of in the fall

I used to love this scent. However, I recently revisited a sample my brother had, and it seemed to have turned and had an off note to it - has anyone else experienced this?

Is there anyone doing a 50ml split on Jardin D'amalfi? I tried googling but the ones I found are allready closed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wassup100 View Post
    Is there anyone doing a 50ml split on Jardin D'amalfi? I tried googling but the ones I found are allready closed...
    PalmBeach is currently doing one:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/309...reed-Nasomatto

Thanks very much for the quick response!

It's interesting re-reading this. I just picked up 30mL in a split today and wanted to see what everyone was saying. I'm really looking forward to it now!

Perhaps some people's minds have changed in the few months since this was new?
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It's interesting re-reading this. I just picked up 30mL in a split today and wanted to see what everyone was saying. I'm really looking forward to it now!

Perhaps some people's minds have changed in the few months since this was new?
    It is excellent, IMO. I am no Creed fan but I certainly love this release from the house...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I now have to concur with jack hunter. It is the most beautiful scent I have ever smelled. Simply mind blowing!

It is a great scent. I was surprised by the longevity as well.

Not a fan of Creed, i admit It's a good acquisition for spring/summer, plus the longevity is great for a Creed scent.

Been enjoying it for the recent summer down here in Oz

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I used to love this scent. However, I recently revisited a sample my brother had, and it seemed to have turned and had an off note to it - has anyone else experienced this?
    I like it good but have experienced just a little bit synthetic and powdery note to it. Not sure if that's what you meant.

I was very excited for this one, but it turned out to be a complete let down. Longevity and projection were very poor and the scent itself was good yet not great. It seemed to have an off note, something artificial or shrill that made it sometimes unpleasant. Also, it seems a bit too floral overall.

The price is outrageous for what it is.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I really enjoy this scent, but on my wife. For me personally, it's a bit too feminine.

a nice but not outstanding fragrance ..

I never tried it, but I would love to.

I usually say to people that I have no creed, but when talking about perfumes I have to admit I have Bois du Portugal, Bois de Cedrat and Baie de Genievre. My only creeds.

Post Scriptum: Does anyone know where to buy creed samples?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    Post Scriptum: Does anyone know where to buy creed samples?
    Whichever is the cheapeast from the following sources: Basenotes Sale forum, eBay, Fragrancenet, surrendertochance.com, beautyencounter.com, and fragrancevials.com.

I never tried it, but I would love to.

I usually say to people that I have no creed, but when talking about perfumes I have to admit I have Bois du Portugal, Bois de Cedrat and Baie de Genievre. My only creeds.
    How is Bois de Cedrat these days? Any noticeable changes in the formula? It used to be a heat-appropriate, pretty nice, natural-smelling lemony scent (overpriced goes without saying).

This is one of the most magnificent fragrances I have ever smelled. Incredible summertime fragrance. However, I a careful where / when I wear it, since it does lean a little bit toward the feminine side. But, damn, that is some special stuff for sure. One of the reasons I am looking forward to warmer weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EndlesslySurprised View Post
    How is Bois de Cedrat these days? Any noticeable changes in the formula? It used to be a heat-appropriate, pretty nice, natural-smelling lemony scent (overpriced goes without saying).
    I just purchased a flacon about a month ago of Bois de Cedrat. It was love at first sniff, so I pulled the trigger - Wasn't that much more than a 4oz bottle, so I figured "what the hell". Unfortunately, I don't have any other formulations to compare it to. Just a sample from TPC, then a purchase from Neiman Marcus. I am not sure if it is any different from batches in the past, but I don't really ever hear of Creed reformulations. All I can say for sure is that the stuff currently available is pretty nice. Maybe not completely unique, but darn nice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlesslySurprised View Post
    My Bois de Cedrat is from 2008, so I don't know if they've changed it. Whenever a person sprays it, the picture of a real lemon appears in front of his/her eyes. It is a completely perfect illusion. It is almost real. Totally natural. But the longevity is so poor...

My Bois de Cedrat is from 2008, so I don't know if they've changed it. Whenever a person sprays it, the picture of a real lemon appears in front of his/her eyes. It is a completely perfect illusion. It is almost real. Totally natural. But the longevity is so poor...
    Yeah, I recently ordered a sample of BdC on ebay. Seeing as it's still available on Creed's website and it's one of the few Creeds I haven't tried yet, it piqued my interest. From what I've been reading, it's a really nice citrus lemon scent but with horrendous longevity, disappears after a few hours. Can't wait to sample it out for myself.
    Last edited by CaliDude; 22nd March 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

ebay seller is offering 5 ml for 25 bucks and another is offering 5 ml of windsor for 30 bucks. i am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    I like it good but have experienced just a little bit synthetic and powdery note to it. Not sure if that's what you meant.
    No, I don't think that's it. When I sprayed it at the store, I really enjoyed the scent and didn't find it powdery in the least.

However, I had them make me a small sample, and when I sprayed it a few months later, there was this sour, almost urine-like note in the opening and mid. Very pronounced. I think the juice had turned in the little sample atomizer. I had others smell it, and they all agreed it smelled sour and strange.

As much as I enjoy it, I won't be buying it for fear that it would go bad over time. Maybe I'll get another sample and see if it stays true this time. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this sour note in Jardin d'Amalfi.

The first 1-2 hours are beautiful, by hour 4-5 it's gone.

I can see where some are getting that tinge of a dirty note but its not enough to distract me. I do agree that this is the most beautifully stunning opening I've ever smelled and to me, it is less fem than white cologne. However, Longevity on a test strip was stellar but on skin and clothes, not so much so. I will have to wear it again. If I can't get some mileage out of it, I'm not sure if its worth the green. I'd love to have it regardless but money doesn't grow on trees and I have to make sure this has more going on for it than sheer beauty.

One of my favourites. I dont know the notes im smelling, but I enjoy it. Perhaps a little feminine.

One of the best, one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    It is, but for the price Creed is charging it should be a bit more than just nice. Even the split price is ridiculous.
    $141 for 50ml shipped doesnt sound too bad at all...
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    $141 for 50ml shipped doesnt sound too bad at all...
    I got 30mL for $57 shipped.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    So basically you got it for less than cost.
    I guess. There was a sale on flacons at fragrancenet, and with the 20% off it came to pretty cheap per ml for the split.

I received a sample from Surrendertochance.com. Man, this frag is one of the best I smelled from Creed since Aventus. The citrus and floral combo really does it for me. Could be considered unisex IMO. Seems like I detect some Neroli in there somewhere. Actually, it kind of reminded me of Neroli Portifino except not as sharp in the initial spray. Will have to get in on a split for this one.

One of the best summer fragrances of all time IMO
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Banned
    Blog Entries

D'Amalfi is a wonderful distinct fragrance, however, for 95% of people, it's not worth the money and there are more affordable alternatives from the Creed house.

I found it really beautiful for a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I found it really beautiful for a woman.
    It is interesting how many people say this. I agree that it would be fine on a woman, but I see no issue with wearing it. It doesn't strike me as overtly feminine, the same way Neroli Portofino or Castile don't. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It is interesting how many people say this. I agree that it would be fine on a woman, but I see no issue with wearing it. It doesn't strike me as overtly feminine, the same way Neroli Portofino or Castile don't. To each their own.
    Bud, there are times when we basenoters don't understand each other I've just seen that the 'best man scent ever' is Aventus. I can't see myself to list it within the best 200... it seems that not just the shape but the inside of our noses are so very different

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I now have to concur with jack hunter. It is the most beautiful scent I have ever smelled. Simply mind blowing!
    Ditto

Creed has a winner with this one. I am looking forward to wearing this in the spring and summer months particularly. My first wear today at the office got a glowing compliment.