Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Are any Xerjoff frags worth the price?

Perhaps overpriced but amazing. Homme is a classic, Oroville is great and sticks around for days. Most of the Oud Stars are incredible especially Zafar, Najaf and Gao and some of the JTCs are great too. As said before the Discovery sets are better value, but if you can afford them or see a good deal, they are amazingly rich so go for it! Ive got 6 of them and a discovery set and still pondering on a few more. Most definitely more money than sense!

Dcampbell

This is my response when someone says "How can you spend that much on cologne?" Answer is simple, because I can and because I like it. Now when it comes to quality versus the price tag then yes that depends on what you are looking at. While I like Kobe I didn't like it enough to want to spend that much money on it. However I cannot deny the quality in the juice. If I had like it a lot I would have bought it and never thought twice about it.

IMO, no
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I like Kobe a lot. I would buy it in a split, but not a full bottle.

As I said, Ive got 6 but no Kobe. Ill have to give it a try since its so popular

I don't have a lot of money (I'm a student and work extra as a nursing assistant at nights and weekends) but I do not think twice when I find a perfume that touches me. In 2012 I spent >2.000$ on perfume and I know it's crazy. I pay my bills so I'm not irresponsible, just very very fascinated with smells. If I want something I'd rather work three extra nights (or seven: to pay for Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Fauve, which in Sweden costs 415$) than to not get the perfume. I'm fortunate to have a job and I do not wish to offend anyone with my squandering, so I apologize if I sound presumptuous!

So my point: some may never want to pay Xerjoff-prices no matter how much money they have because they find the perfume being overprized, and some may think the experience is priceless, no matter how much (or little) money they have.

I've only smelled the Casamorati 1888 - and Bouquet Ideale really touched me. A few more nights work and I'll be able to afford it.

I've tried Oroville, XJ Homme and Casamoroti 1888. XJ Homme was a Knize Ten clone, but costing much more. 1888 was pleasant, but not exceptional. Oroville was a stunning tobacco and chamomile fragrance, topping most any tobacco based fragrance I've tried. I prefer it to Tobacco Vanille and Back to Black, although I like DC 1913 and Amouage Tribute Attar even more (although I consider these rose fragrances where the tobacco is in the background). I've considered a purchase of Oroville, but the price makes it hard to justify. I didn't have to think twice with Tribute Attar.

Mike

I have tried Kobe and 1861. Even though I thought that 1861 was a very good citrus based fragrance it is in no way worth the money. This fragrance house has a great presentation but I can't do a $350 bottle of a citrus based fragrance that lasts 3-4 hours.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by SusyQ View Post
    ... to pay for Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Fauve, which in Sweden costs 415$) than to not get the perfume. ..
    Its $275 at luckyscent + no more than $25 for postage. So $300.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=57104
    for swap/sale:

hedonist222: I know! But a year ago I was not aware of luckyscent

I'll order my next bottle via ls

In the parrallel universe where I have a lot more money to burn I'd own a bottle of Richwoods. In this one, however, it's just the oud discover set and samples.

Basenotes Plus

Depends on the price.
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

No fragrance no matter how precious and rare the ingredients put into it worth that kind of money