Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Are any Xerjoff frags worth the price?

Perhaps overpriced but amazing. Homme is a classic, Oroville is great and sticks around for days. Most of the Oud Stars are incredible especially Zafar, Najaf and Gao and some of the JTCs are great too. As said before the Discovery sets are better value, but if you can afford them or see a good deal, they are amazingly rich so go for it! Ive got 6 of them and a discovery set and still pondering on a few more. Most definitely more money than sense!

Dcampbell

This is my response when someone says "How can you spend that much on cologne?" Answer is simple, because I can and because I like it. Now when it comes to quality versus the price tag then yes that depends on what you are looking at. While I like Kobe I didn't like it enough to want to spend that much money on it. However I cannot deny the quality in the juice. If I had like it a lot I would have bought it and never thought twice about it.

IMO, no
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I like Kobe a lot. I would buy it in a split, but not a full bottle.

As I said, Ive got 6 but no Kobe. Ill have to give it a try since its so popular

I don't have a lot of money (I'm a student and work extra as a nursing assistant at nights and weekends) but I do not think twice when I find a perfume that touches me. In 2012 I spent >2.000$ on perfume and I know it's crazy. I pay my bills so I'm not irresponsible, just very very fascinated with smells. If I want something I'd rather work three extra nights (or seven: to pay for Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Fauve, which in Sweden costs 415$) than to not get the perfume. I'm fortunate to have a job and I do not wish to offend anyone with my squandering, so I apologize if I sound presumptuous!

So my point: some may never want to pay Xerjoff-prices no matter how much money they have because they find the perfume being overprized, and some may think the experience is priceless, no matter how much (or little) money they have.

I've only smelled the Casamorati 1888 - and Bouquet Ideale really touched me. A few more nights work and I'll be able to afford it.

I've tried Oroville, XJ Homme and Casamoroti 1888. XJ Homme was a Knize Ten clone, but costing much more. 1888 was pleasant, but not exceptional. Oroville was a stunning tobacco and chamomile fragrance, topping most any tobacco based fragrance I've tried. I prefer it to Tobacco Vanille and Back to Black, although I like DC 1913 and Amouage Tribute Attar even more (although I consider these rose fragrances where the tobacco is in the background). I've considered a purchase of Oroville, but the price makes it hard to justify. I didn't have to think twice with Tribute Attar.

Mike

I have tried Kobe and 1861. Even though I thought that 1861 was a very good citrus based fragrance it is in no way worth the money. This fragrance house has a great presentation but I can't do a $350 bottle of a citrus based fragrance that lasts 3-4 hours.
    My current top ten:
    1. Oud Wood
    2. Straight to Heaven
    3. Epic Man
    4. Santal 33
    5. Tonka Imperial
    6. Pure Malt
    7. Jubilation XXV
    8. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    9. Envy
    10. Terre D'Hermes
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by SusyQ View Post
    ... to pay for Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Fauve, which in Sweden costs 415$) than to not get the perfume. ..
    Its $275 at luckyscent + no more than $25 for postage. So $300.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=57104
    for swap/sale:

hedonist222: I know! But a year ago I was not aware of luckyscent

I'll order my next bottle via ls

Meanwhile, I'm still...

In the parrallel universe where I have a lot more money to burn I'd own a bottle of Richwoods. In this one, however, it's just the oud discover set and samples.
    Currently wearing: Vermeil for Men by Vermeil

Depends on the price.
    Currently wearing: Musk Oud by By Kilian

No fragrance no matter how precious and rare the ingredients put into it worth that kind of money

I disagree with the many NO's here. Xerjoff makes some EXCELLENT and very long lasting fragrances. Their primary line (in which Homme and Richwood are amazing) is overpriced, but the Casamorati, Shooting Stars, 1861 (Renaissance is the original, and best, in my opinion), and some of the Oud Stars are worth it (if you like them). I agree that the sample boxes are a great way to go. Over the past 5 years, I have assembled the full library of "kits" available (minus the fem-leaning version of the Shooting Stars), and in most cases the testing led to at least one full-bottle purchase. They offer a good price x quality ratio, if you are into the juice and are ok with the plastic bottles. I also like that many of their scents, even XXY, Damarose, Irisss, and the sweeter casamoratis are easily unisex.

No, Xerjoff is NOT cheap. But you guys make it sound like their prices are way off the mark for perfume-concentration scents. They don't supersede the Puredistance, Slumberhous, Bogue, Ormond Jayne, Roja Dove, and other pretentiously priced niche firms (of which, yes, Xerjoff is one.)

If you are US-based, I highly recommend using First In Fragrance for Xerjoff purchases, as they remove the 20% VAT as soon as you register in the US (and many - including Xerjoff's own webstore, do NOT do this.) With the current reign of the dollar over the euro, the prices are not as ridiculous as many here suggest.
    Last edited by FumeHood; 5th December 2015 at 06:33 PM.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Ubar, Tribute, Homage, Badr Al Badour, Opus VI & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861 Renaissance, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale, Fidelis • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Cafe Milano, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Vintage Baque • MDCI Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh Intensivo • Papillon Anubis • Bogue Maai • Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh Intensivo

In my opinion, at the very least 1861, Nio and Kobe, among others
    Currently wearing: Black Tag by Zara

I would pay anything within my budget for a fragrance I liked since no two are exactly the same. That said, Fiero has a really long-lasting citrus accord, and that alone goes pretty far with me when comparing the fragrance's quality to that of other houses. Luxury goods are priced this way on purpose, of course. Not much we can do about it.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

As long as it satisfies your taste and makes you happy to buy, that fragrance is worthy IMO.

In something with no tangible criteria, measurement of quality and on the other hand, with an artistic and personal side like fragrances, everything can be worth it if you enjoy it enough. Only a matter of taste.

I have right now about 10 from this brand, not full bottles but samples. Many of them are very close to other colognes, you got Kobe which reminds me of reflection man but a more citrusy version. Uden is a better version of some old beckham I used to have. I also have Naxos which I believe was the one that smelled very similar to pure Havane. Nio is just citrus and while it's alright it doesn't feel that special to me. People say it's the best citrus and I don't really see it being better then Kobe or 1861.Is it really worth paying this much for a better version? I think Kobe and 1861 Renaissance are the most worthy ones by far.

Quote Originally Posted by FumeHood View Post
    If you are US-based, I highly recommend using First In Fragrance for Xerjoff purchases, as they remove the 20% VAT as soon as you register in the US (and many - including Xerjoff's own webstore, do NOT do this.) With the current reign of the dollar over the euro, the prices are not as ridiculous as many here suggest.
    Yes, this.

Also, don't forget about www.parfumandamber.com for Xerjoffs. They had a 20% off code for Black Friday, and I believe they are still always running a 15% discount with the code VIP15. This is one of the few places in the USA that has discounts on Xerjoffs.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tobacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage & Royal Scottish Lavender, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ntale-Samples!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven & Prelude to Love, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tobacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage & Royal Scottish Lavender, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Uden smells a lot like nikos sculpture. Of course the quality is better but am OK with the cheaper choice as I do not enjoy the scent that much to warrant the price tag. Between nio and 1861 Renaissance I definitely prefer Nio. I don't know why but the greenness is what I am looking for in my perfect citrus fragrance. Renaissance is still incredibly good though and very good choice for someone that wants to try the famous citrus note that only xerjoff can make. Not that big a fan of the casamorati line, but 1888 is pretty nice, although maybe a bit more feminine... Naxos of the 1861 line is also very nice. If you have pure havane you might not need it, however, I clearly smell the difference in quality and especially performance (10+ hours on me, with 5+ hours of very clear projection). Currently my favorite house but would prefer it to be a bit cheaper...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    My niche and designer decant thread (Tom Ford, Xerjoff, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Amouage etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....4dbca18c386322

Yes, my partner just bought me Naxos for Christmas!

So of the ones I have smelled I can say Kobe/Nio and Naxos are all worth it, Al-Khatt wasn't for me although my girlfriend liked it for some reason.

I want to try Homme and Richwood!