Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Pi or Egoiste

Trying to decide between these two fragrances to buy on my next payday. I've recently bought Le Male and Angel Men and really like both of them so far. I've heard Pi has a really sweet vanilla brown sugary smell to it and I tested it out at my local cologne shop and liked it pretty well, but I haven't been able to test out Egoiste because nobody seems to really sell it. Which one of these should I go for If I were to just decide between these two? I'm kind of wondering what you think of both of them and what each of them smells like to you.

Default Re: Givenchy Pi or Egoiste

I like and own them both, but I prefer Egoiste

I think Egoiste (the regular one) is vastly superior: smooth, warm, sandalwoody, elegant, with a touch of candied fruits.

If you live in the US, it is sold at Bloomingdales, some Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks. In Europe, it should be somewhat easier to find.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I think Egoiste (the regular one) is vastly superior: smooth, warm, sandalwoody, elegant, with a touch of candied fruits.

If you live in the US, it is sold at Bloomingdales, some Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks. In Europe, it should be somewhat easier to find.

cacio
    Agreed. Egoiste is a better scent and you can also but it off Chanel website.

Egoiste isn't a safe blind buy. It seems that you're a fan of the sweet frags and Pi is definitely sweet. Very nice vanilla and smooth.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

You have already purchased Le Male which is a vanilla based frag and so is PI and is somewhat sweet. I would try Egoiste for a change. A woody, spicy fragrance with a vanilla and sandalwood drydown. The notes are:Top Note Sicilian Tangerine, Brazilian Rosewood.Middle Notes Coriander, Damask RoseBase Notes Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ambrette seed.

-
    Last edited by southerngardens; 27th December 2012 at 06:36 AM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Egoiste isn't a safe blind buy.
    THIS!

Its a great fragrance, but i think its a love or hate. And definitely a one spray deal.

I like Egoiste more but i have a feeling you might enjoy PI more. Then on the other hand you already have a sweet powdery collection you could use something like Egoiste

Banned
    Blog Entries

Egoiste is a fragrance I really like a lot, but don't buy it just because people on the forum are giving it hype. PLEASE test it before you buy it because you may not like it.

Pi is a very nice one, and if you like Angel Men and Le Male, it might be up your alley.

And I agree with Milan SRB's post word for word.

Egoiste. Drydown is one of the best that I know.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Egoiste isn't a safe blind buy. It seems that you're a fan of the sweet frags and Pi is definitely sweet. Very nice vanilla and smooth.
    Agreed. Egoiste is not a safe blind buy and you should definitely try it out before you go ahead and purchase a bottle. Egoiste is quite different from the frags that you have mentioned and enjoy. Proceed with caution.

This is a crazy match up. Nothing to do with each other and Egoiste is maybe 6000% better that Pi.

Blog Entries

I like sweet fragrances, but there's something about Givenchy Pi that I'm just not digging. Between Egoiste and Pi, the former is the superior fragrance and I prefer it over the latter; but I also agree with everyone else that it is not a safe blind buy. If you can't sample Egoiste, then Pi would be the practical choice for you based on what you like.

Welcome to Basenotes, by the way!

Egoiste might have a bit more sophistication, Pi may be more overtly gourmand and, almost literally, sweet smelling.
    In fact, it only depends which one of these two styles/groups/accords of notes are the preferable ones.

Egoiste. I find Pi too sweet.