Code of Conduct

Default Which latest designer scent release did you try and think of it as FBW?

I my case, the latest flanker of Cartier's Declaration, Declaration d'un Soir. I did not buy it, but left me wanting to try it again in order to check out if it is worth buying. So far, I think it is..

Default Re: Which latest designer scent release did you try and think of it as FBW?

Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum, very good but I didn't keep it.

Default Re: Which latest designer scent release did you try and think of it as FBW?

Vince Camuto
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Yes, probably Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum, but I never tried it, just bought it blind without giving it a second thought.

Hednic, I love Eau Sauvage Parfum. Definitely a good pick up.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Hanae Mori HiM. I like it so much, I bought both the EDT and EDP.

Also:

CK Encounter
    Eau Sauvage EDP
    Tom Ford Noir
    25:43 by Gorilla Perfume
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 28th December 2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes, probably Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum, but I never tried it, just bought it blind without giving it a second thought.
    Tried it and found it way too strong, a bit linear maybe? Your comment makes me want to try it again...

Chanel Sycomore

My answer is exactly the same as the OP's: Declaration d'un Soir.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Armani Code Ultimate blew me away. I always liked the original Armani Code but it was too weak and short lived. They fixed it up and smoothened it out with Code Ultimate. It's the way Code should have been from the start. It makes up for this year's crappy ass Code Sport flanker.

CK One Shock was last year's big hit for me. It was unexpectedly good so I snatched up a bottle as soon as I heard it wasn't selling well and might get axed.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My answer is exactly the same as the OP's: Declaration d'un Soir.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Double post!!!!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sound Scents

If by "latest designer release" you mean recent release then Tzora by Anat Fritz.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Tried it and found it way too strong, a bit linear maybe? Your comment makes me want to try it again...

Eau Sauvage Parfum for me too. I agree it is very strong though. A 1 spray fragrance, under the shirt. Or even half a spray, or mist-method, according to taste.

CK One Shock for me too. Got a big bottle cheap. Hanae Mori HIM is one I thought about. Eau Sauvage too I thought about zo I echo other's comments. Can't think of any others this year. Designers need to work on longevity and make more parfums for men. Lots of weak shit coming out that is simply boring or uninspired.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Encounter. I find it to be really good, actually. No longevity problems here. I get a wonderful jasmine/patch combo, hints of oud, rum and cardamom. I really don't get the hate on this one. :?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

2012 has been such a blur I cannot remember which one of these I smelt last

Out this year, and I'd consider buying, would be Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee (which I did buy), Kenzo Homme Sport, Code Ultimate, Black XS L'Exces, and Spicebomb.

5. All Year. Thats awful.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Encounter. I find it to be really good, actually. No longevity problems here. I get a wonderful jasmine/patch combo, hints of oud, rum and cardamom. I really don't get the hate on this one. :?
    Sounds quite nice; I'll have to give that one a sniff... edit: Wow, after going to the review page so I could add the scent to my "to test" list I see what you mean by "the hate". It wouldn't be the first time I loved a scent that was disliked by the consensus. A trip to Sephora this weekend should do the trick...
    Last edited by drseid; 27th December 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Nothing really so far over the last six months. Eau Sauvage Perfume and the latest DHI reformulation came closest to it.

I think Acqua di Gio Essenza is really good. Never been a fan of the original, but this one is good in its own right. Didn't buy it yet, but eventually I think I will.
    I was tempted by Luna Rossa Prada, but I don't think it is really FBW. It is a bit.... redundant in the Prada line, if you know what I mean
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Overcome By Fumes

Another for Eau Sauvage Parfum, also the AMen Pure Leather.

Have to go with ya on the Pure Leather bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Another for Eau Sauvage Parfum, also the AMen Pure Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Hello SOS, you're one of a handfull of noses i trust so i will have to be trying this one. Wishing you all the best for the new year

Spicebomb

Blog Entries

-------------
    Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
    Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme by Chanel
    Vince Camuto for Men by Vince Camuto

Last one I bought was Dior Homme. After not being a huge Iris fan, I suddenly found myself with a massive craving for it a few weeks back. Didn't want to waste vintage DHI as an everyday scent, so got the normal stuff - very nice too.

Edit.........Hmm didn't read OP correctly. No new FBWs from recent releases. Was fully expecting Amazing Green to be FBW, but was fully disappointed.
    Last edited by dnc; 27th December 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Spicebomb

Guess I'm the dork here... but what is FBW???

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Full Bottle Worthy
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Full bottle worthy :-)

Eau Sauvage Parfum also, this stuff just rings totally Niche to me. It's extremely potent juice, love it.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Another vote in favor of CK One Shock.

Spicebomb, definitely. I bought Eau Sauvage Parfum, too, but quickly sold it. I think I wore too much (3 full sprays) and it became cloying and sickening. Maybe if I had stuck to 1 spray...

It took me some time to get it, now you know

Bvlgari Extreme Pour Homme. My pharmacy was selling off some perfumes, and I grabbed this l'il smoothy at $17.95/50ml. It is not a recent release, but it is new to me

Spicebomb

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I bought Eau Sauvage Parfum, too, but quickly sold it. I think I wore too much (3 full sprays) and it became cloying and sickening. Maybe if I had stuck to 1 spray...
    One spray is too much of that one... ;-)
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Spicebomb? One spray only? I have a bottle. It doesn't seem to last at all. I can put 5 sprays of this and not be overwhelmed. Am I missing something here? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Spicebomb? One spray only? I have a bottle. It doesn't seem to last at all. I can put 5 sprays of this and not be overwhelmed. Am I missing something here? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    I think the one spray reference was for Eau Sauvage Parfum which is one of the strongest releases I have sniffed to date (not strong in quality, but rather potency). One spray of that one should be more than enough for most folks.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Full Bottle Worthy
    Thanks, bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Full bottle worthy :-)
    Now I get it. Thanks for the assist.

I would have mentioned ADG Essenza, Pure Leather, and Spicebomb, but I bought those blindly. All 3 ended up being FBW.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Pure Leather and Spicebomb, I'd probably lean more to Spicebomb as the leather in the Mugler offering is pretty weak, but its not terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Pure Leather and Spicebomb, I'd probably lean more to Spicebomb as the leather in the Mugler offering is pretty weak, but its not terrible.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Eau Savage Parfum
    Pure leather (Ended up getting)
    Spicebomb (Ended up getting)

These were the only notable designer releases for me this year and hope to get Eau Savage Parfum soon.

Halston Man Amber
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

I really liked Hanae Mori HiM when I tried it a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna give my sample of the EdT a tryout tonight. If I do buy it will be the EdP, because, as with HM, I thought it was richer and more complex when trying them side by side in store.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Hello SOS, you're one of a handfull of noses i trust so i will have to be trying this one. Wishing you all the best for the new year
    Ha, well, my tastes are changing somewhat but hopefully they'll still align with some other people's noses. Moreso than ever, I'm removing myself from the hype around a fragrance or a brand, and even removing myself from trying to objectively rate quality, and instead just wearing what I like. That said, I honestly think Encounter is pretty good. It needs skin though, and maybe a few wearings. It didn't click with me at all the first few times I tested it on a card, nor the first time I wore it. I couldn't smell it properly - something was missing. The second wearing on skin and it really came together; a wonderful balance of hot and cold notes, freshness and light and spice and darkness. The troublesome note for me is the jasmine note; sometimes I don't pick it up strongly and then the scent seems off kilter - the fresh notes (a hint of something ozonic maybe... not calone) come through too strongly and it can smell faintly of deodorant. When the jasmine comes through though , it's wonderful (and I don't yet know why the variation; if it's a skin thing, a heat thing, or what...or maybe sometimes my nose just hones in on the fresher notes for some reason?)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Spicebomb, definitely. I bought Eau Sauvage Parfum, too, but quickly sold it. I think I wore too much (3 full sprays) and it became cloying and sickening. Maybe if I had stuck to 1 spray...
    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    One spray is too much of that one... ;-)
    Agreed. None is the perfect amount for me too.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum, very good but I didn't keep it.
    Same. I bought it after testing it once.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -