Code of Conduct

Default Riverside Drive for a woman? What do you think?

I really like Riverside Drive. Actually, I even love it. I realise though it is purely a musculine scent.I have no problems wearing scents that are a bit more on the musculine side - Bleecker Street, Central Park etc. However Riverside Drive is not just a bit on the musculine side, it is absolutely a mens cologne!! Even the Bond website describes it as "Indie-style maleness" and "A woody-mossy musculine classic".

Problem is, I really adore it for me! A lot of people describe it as a typical, acqua-ish cologne for men. Riverside Drive is anything but typical! I am definitely NOT an acqua-perfume type of a person. Riverside Drive smells like the fresh breeze, green moss, cool crispness of the real deal. It is definitely not some generic, ozonic fragrance. Have you seen the beautiful picture of Riverside Drive on Bond website? You can close your eyes and feel like you really belong to that place! As much as I love it, it just does smell very musculine - there is no way around it. If I wear it - I keep smelling my wrist and loving it more on my skin, but people around me make comments like: "ummm you must have had a busy night with your fiance, I can smell him on you" LOL. You get the picture?

So what do you think - should I or should I not get a bottle of this for myself? Layering it is not an option - unless a fragrances NEEDS layering because it lacks the "ooomph", I prefer not to waste the original scent of it. Riverside Drive is too gorgeous to layer it with anything. As much as I love it, I'm sure a lot of people will say to wear it. Don't forget though it isn't easy to have a whole crowd making comments about your fiances cologne on your skin!!
    Coney Island is my dreamland!!

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Riverside Drive for a woman? What do you think?

Buy a feminine perfume (most of the bond range veers femme) this just wouldn't work on a female IMO

Sure why not?

I just don't get what the problem is. Do you choose what perfumes you're "allowed" to wear based on what the company's marketing department says about the scent? Smells are not gendered. Wear what you like.

Besides, I doubt most people would even notice you're wearing a "mens" fragrance.