Thread: The scent of power....
the title says it all...
What scent gives you the feeling of omnipotence?
Vintage Bijan for Men
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Tom Ford Extreme
Boi Du Portugal
Whatever I happen to be wearing at any given time.
I bend buckets of 6" (60 Penny) nails for fun.
Strong! Like Bull!
I have this feeling about L'Anarchiste. Also many frags from Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier do the trick (Santal Noble, Parfum d'Habit, Ambre Precieux). I could continue with Grey Flannel and Jubilation XXV.
Santos De Cartier Concentree
Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?
Try it and tell me you don't agree. This stuff says "I mean business."
Well, none, really
But i associate the idea of mean businessman to New York PDN. Or Chanel Pour Monsieur!
À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)
Most Amouage have the Powah
Oh god, how could I forget VC&Aph??? As bigsteve pointed it's indeed a power scent.
Nothing gives me anything like that feeling............if I had to answer though it would be Amouage Epic or Xerjoff Gao. Honorable mentions to Zhafar and BdP
For me, I feel most "powerful" when wearing:
1. Van Cleef & Arpel Pour Homme, my go-to business cologne (I love this cologne more and more)
2. GIT, my go-to everyday work cologne (lately)
3. Dior Homme (original). I guess maybe it's an "I smell so pretty, and yet I'm going to crush you, little person" thing.
Current Top Five:
1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
5. Creed Original Vetiver
GIT, cool water, polo modern reserve, french lover, chanel PE and Beckam homme are all 'power' scents from my current arsenal.
I get that feeling when i wear Mazzolari Lui under a wife beater.
Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??
Ok but seriously maybe Aventus or Invasion Barbare
“Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
Scents along the lines (however, without being strictly limited to): Azzaro pour Homme, Aramis pour Homme, Van Cleef&Arpels pour Homme, Paco Rabanne pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Versace l'Homme, Quorum, Zino and Relax by Davidoff, Gucci Nobile, Fendi Uomo, Esencia Loewe and other fragrances comparable to the the aforementioned.
Leonard pour Homme (among others...)
ointments and perfume delight the heart....
Vintage PdN New York
Big leathers like Bandit, Rien, or Knize Ten.