Code of Conduct

Default Damn, just bought bvlgari black. Love the smell but...

I am in Korea right now to see my dad... and I brought Le male and bought bvlgari aqva on the plane...
    I didn't really like it, but my mom said that it was the best... and just bought it and I am really regretting it...

I really like the smell of black but it has like no projection on me, and it doesn't last at all too! the small is too faint... That unless a person was all over me they wouldn't be able to smell it.

I loved le male, I know it's common, but it wasn't where I was from which is California. and also it just makes a person wants to hug you, and get close to you. It feels warm and stuff.

Black feels more mysterious edgy, and manlier then le male, but it still has that sensitive side.
    With slight hints of vanilla.

anyway I am really regretting buying aqva.

I am looking for something with great sillage and projection but that also lasts a long time.
    Also something that I can get at the airport on my way back to the US.
    Also something that's not THAT common. Like polo blue and stuff...
    Care to give me suggestions?

I have allure homme blanche edition at home, so I already have a citrusy smell on my deck, and also black for the colder seasons.

Default Re: Damn, just bought bvlgari black. Love the smell but...

Midnight in Paris EDP has similarities with Bvgari Black, but is much better IMO. Excellent projection and longevity too.

hmm I don't think I can get rid of Bvlgari black anytime soon, do you think it's different enough that it's worth getting midnight in paris too?
    Also is it for colder or hotter seasons? cause when I go back to Cali, that place never really gets that cold.

Fahrenheit, perhaps.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by thefreed View Post
    hmm I don't think I can get rid of Bvlgari black anytime soon, do you think it's different enough that it's worth getting midnight in paris too?
    Also is it for colder or hotter seasons? cause when I go back to Cali, that place never really gets that cold.
    Probably not different enough (for us less experienced frag heads) and not good
    for hot weather.

I tried farenheit today! the smell was great, but it was too expensive for my tastes... it was like 110 dollars at the place!!!
    I looked up amazon, and it's 95...

I have the exact same issue, bro. BB has poor longevity and projection for me. Cool scent, but think I will be selling this one.

Is Farenheiht not widely available there?

I can't get away from the stuff here in every department store, Wall Mart, Sephora...

Basenotes Member

you can try fragrancex.com. It's cheaper there.

On me Bvlgari Black needs 8 or 10 sprays to get a bit of projection going. And while it may last longer, the projection effect is only good for about four hours.
    Regards,
    Renato

I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Midnight in Paris EDP has similarities with Bvgari Black, but is much better IMO. Excellent projection and longevity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    On me Bvlgari Black needs 8 or 10 sprays to get a bit of projection going. And while it may last longer, the projection effect is only good for about four hours.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Hmm. Thanks, bro. May have to try this.

Another for Midnight in Paris EDP

Wow, I don't see a connection between Bulgari Black and Midnight in Paris. I'm going to have to pull out my samples again.

Personally, I liked Bulgari Black better, once it dries down; I don't recall longevity to be much of an issue, but if I get at least five or six hours out of a scent, that's fine for me.

I think I'm the only one on here that really dislikes Midnight in Paris.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

well I saw Farenheit at some places, but the price tag was just too expensive... For me I think Amazon has the best price for colognes, and also you can trust, if you buy it directly from the source.

- - - Updated - - -

these comments are really making me curious about midnight in paris EDP. I might have to try that out, after I use all my Bvlgari black.
    As of right now, I am looking for Encre Noire, Lanuit De L'homme, Platinum Egoiste and The one.
    Something that the ladies really love, but also not that common. Like Paco Rabbene's one million, like DAMN! that was even a best seller in Korea, and I am just like, I don't want to be smelling like every other guy that walks by me.

well I saw Farenheit at some places, but the price tag was just too expensive... For me I think Amazon has the best price for colognes, and also you can trust, if you buy it directly from the source.

- - - Updated - - -

these comments are really making me curious about midnight in paris EDP. I might have to try that out, after I use all my Bvlgari black.
    As of right now, I am looking for Encre Noire, Lanuit De L'homme, Platinum Egoiste and The one.
    Something that the ladies really love, but also not that common. Like Paco Rabbene's one million, like DAMN! that was even a best seller in Korea, and I am just like, I don't want to be smelling like every other guy that walks by me.
    Whatever you do sample first... especially when it comes to Encre Noire!

I really like the smell of black but it has like no projection on me, and it doesn't last at all too! the small is too faint... That unless a person was all over me they wouldn't be able to smell it.
    Do you spray it only on your skin, or do you try to get some of it on your clothes as well? I find that Bulgari Black is much more tenacious on my clothes - still very much there after 9-10 hours and counting!

I haven't had any longevity or projection problems with Black. It's a great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by rowan- View Post
    Do you spray it only on your skin, or do you try to get some of it on your clothes as well? I find that Bulgari Black is much more tenacious on my clothes - still very much there after 9-10 hours and counting!
    I agree with this. Poor on my skin, good on my clothes

I the small is too faint... That unless a person was all over me they wouldn't be able to smell it.

anyway I am really regretting buying aqva.
    I think this is how cologne should be worn, just my opinion. I don't wear it for the whole room to smell me. I wear it for when people get close.

AQUA, try selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Wow, I don't see a connection between Bulgari Black and Midnight in Paris.
    It was absolutely the first association I made when I first smelt MiP. The "smoking tyres" accord is definitely there. Then later on there is a lipstick accord a la Dior Homme.

Due to these 2 I can't say I'm a big fan of MiP!

Perhaps Bulgari Extreme and YSL La Nuit de L'Homme EDP might both be worth testing.

MiP EDP has the same rubber note but less intense to me.