Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Favorite Nail "Houses" Who do you like and why?

As much as we love our fragrances, we also love our nail polish. What nail polish "house" (brand) do you like and why? Is there a particular collection you enjoy? Is the brush a factor in your selection?

I enjoy OPI but have found the quirkiness of Butter London nail colors too much to resist.

Here's their latest collection for GOOP:

Default Re: Favorite Nail "Houses" Who do you like and why?

I was always into OPI, then discovered Essie and Zoya. No nasties, great colours and lasting power
    DONNA

OPI for the great quality and a huge selection of shades. Whatever you're looking for, OPI usually has it.
    Butter London for some truly unique shades you can't find elsewhere and those oh-so-clever Anglophile names.
    Essie for some very "simple", yet standout shades.
    Chanel and Illamasqua for some must-have shades.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I love OPI for exactly what Tigs said ... I also wear a lot of Sally Hansen for cheap, easily available, trendy colors.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I don't wear them all that often but YSL & Dior polishes are very, very good. Pricey though.

Dior and OPI. If I had to chose one, probably Dior as I find fewer choices easier to navigate and they tell me what's hot that season. I usually just wear the Dior pale pink/white; one coat.

I have most Chanel, Dior, Isa Dora and OPI.

I've developed such a polish habit since last I posted on BN Favorite brands would have to be Butter London, Rescue Beauty Lounge, and NARS, although OPI's collections are the best, hands down. I'm currently obsessing over Euro Centrale, lol.

Mostly OPI, Essie and Chanel. Why? Colours, the lasting power and the ease of application. I have a few odd Lancome, Dior and Revlon polishes, but the don't get as much love/wear as OPI, Essie and Chanel.

My favorite brand will always be YSL. They don't have the largest color selection, but the colors they do have are always PERFECT! Especially their reds, oranges and pinks. Noone make these colors better.

I also love the polishes from Chanel. They give a very special shine that I don't get from other polishes. And I love the small brush. I have narrow nails so I find the wide brush that most companies have surrendered to today difficult to work with. Sometimes I find the polishes a bit too pigmented (just like their eyeshadows) and hard to work with, but in 90% of the cases I am a happy costumer.

I have had some streaky misses from OPI, and every time it happens I promise myself that I'll never buy another polish from them. My promise never lasts long though. They make so many beautiful colors that I can't resist, but I do wish their qaulity control was better. Have you seen their San Fransisco collection coming in August? Here's a link to swatch and learn:

http://www.swatchandlearn.com/opi-sa...press-release/

I have my heart set on I Knead Sour Dough and Muir Muir On The Wall.

I love Essie for their transparent colors and high shine. My favorite is Buy Me A Cameo which is the perfect work shade for me. It's discreet but very, very beautiful. On top of it, it goes with any other color in clothes and makeup.

I have recently discovered the Swiss brand Mavala, and I must say I'm surprised by the high quality of their polish. You can apply even their most pearly polishes without a single visible brushstroke. The colors are beautiful too. They only make minis (5ml), which is of course both good and bad.

The bottles of Ciaté can always make my heart beat a little faster. The color selection is good, and the polish and brush great to work with.

I cannot work with Dior's new tapered brush and their thick polish, but I am often tempted by their colors. I resist most of time though. Nothing is worth the agony and despair of the application.

I have a single bottle left from Butter London (Big Smoke). I bought three a couple of years ago, but I gave the two other bottles to my daughter. I simply don't have the opportunity to wear "weird" colors that often.

I have a massive nail polish collection. It puts my perfume collection to shame.

I think my main favorites tend to be OPI, Essie, and China Glaze (the latter is half price online, so I don't get it in stores ever). I also use plenty of Orly, Butter London, RBL, and the odd Misa, Color Club, or Zoya.

My favorite colors tend to be bright reds and pinks, but I do crazy-colored half moon manicures, glitter gradients, whatever strikes my mood. I keep my nails fairly short and always clean for my job (RN), but I have a long nail bed anyway.

Oh, and I have fallen hard for duri's Rejuvacote (My nails don't break, like, ever anymore! What's that about?) and have always loved Poshe's fast-dry topcoat. The other one I will use is Out the Door. Seche Vite is good but too temperamental for me.

How many do you have if not a secret?)
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

I haven't counted. At least a couple hundred? I have been amassing them over the last several years admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
    I haven't counted. At least a couple hundred? I have been amassing them over the last several years admittedly.
    Same here)) i counted last year and it was 205 or smthing. Since then I bought a few and got as presents, and gave away some I was not using. In *not buying mode* now after coloring those clear tips and wheels lol.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde