• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Niche for a teenager

dwyw

Nov 24, 2012
I am 21, wanting a new niche frag that is 'spicy' or gourmand, not wanting a summer scent as I use Aventus currently for summer/spring, I was looking into Musc Ravageur, Reflection Man, TV, it must have good longevity/projection as I have dry-ish skin.

paradigm

Oct 5, 2011
How about New Harlem for a Gourmand and Royal Oud for some crisp and fresh spice.

OctaVariuM

Jul 28, 2012
First off, 21 is not a teenager, you're a grown young man.

Second, I know this because I too am 21, and I own several niche fragrances and know that we can pull of anything if we want!

Now for the suggestions:

I own and love Tobacco Vanille, but I suggest you do like I did and get a decant or a split, since it's not cost effective to get the actual bottle (unless you really want the bottle).

New Haarlem is another one of my favorites, but it's not the most versatile fragrance out there.

dnc

Jan 16, 2010
First off, 21 is not a teenager, you're a grown young man.

Second, I know this because I too am 21, and I own several niche fragrances and know that we can pull of anything if we want!

Now for the suggestions:

I own and love Tobacco Vanille, but I suggest you do like I did and get a decant or a split, since it's not cost effective to get the actual bottle (unless you really want the bottle).

New Haarlem is another one of my favorites, but it's not the most versatile fragrance out there.

Great attitude to age vs fragrance and absolutely correct.

OP I would recommend Aomassai by Parfumerie Generale.

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
1697 by Frapin. The note pyramid is very complex and so is the fragrance itself.

Top Notes: Cabreuva, Davana, Jamaican Rum, Cistus, Pink Peppercorn

Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Hawthorn, Ylang Ylang, Clove, Cinnamon, Dried Fruits, Rose Essence

Base Notes: Ambergris, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Cedar, Cistus, White Musk, Vanilla

A spicy gourmand with a large shot of rum on top. Huge projection and lasts for a full day (and night), it ain't exactly subtle but it's fun wearing it!

cbstarker

Mar 20, 2009
Lots of things come to mind but just not sure what you will truly like. I think Tobacco Vanille is fantastic and has excellent longevity but I don't consider it spicy or gourmand - ok, maybe a little, it's pipe tobacco after all.

I'd also suggest Lubin Idole for a boozy spicy frag. Maybe Spiriteuse Double Vanille or Bois d'Armenie for something gourmand, or maybe some Ambre Sultan from Lutens for spicy and gourmand. There are really so many to choose!

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
While we're on the subject of this age group and sweet, boozy, spicy fragrances, may I suggest By Kilian's Straight to Heaven?

I'm 26 and have gotten more compliments on this scent than any other that I own. Great projection and longevity, too.

OctaVariuM

Jul 28, 2012
While we're on the subject of this age group and sweet, boozy, spicy fragrances, may I suggest By Kilian's Straight to Heaven?

I'm 26 and have gotten more compliments on this scent than any other that I own. Great projection and longevity, too.
I always hear good things from people on this, but to me it just smells like rum spilled into a hamster cage.

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
This one is pricey, but if you have the dough X for Men by Clive Christian. A much less expensive alternative with similar results (although technically high-end designer) is Costume National Homme.

JiveHippo

Jul 6, 2011
Tobacco Vanille would be my top niche gourmand, but you could also try these..

Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau
Bond no 9 I Love NY For All
Hermes Ambre Narguile

OctaVariuM

Jul 28, 2012
Penhaligons Endymion

(This is from a fragrantica post by jesseyanne)

I think if a man wears this while dating he sends a message single women want to hear...of stability and a modern hominess because of a newer spin on some traditional notes (bergamot, lavender, vetiver) but also the message of a well travelled merchant-like worldiness (sandalwood, cardamom, black pepper, coffee), and a very aloof untouchable/touch-me quality that makes a woman wish he would cross the room and pay some attention to her (leather and musk). This man may be too popular for her, but he is there.

I...uh, want to sample this now.

JiveHippo

Jul 6, 2011
^ That's quite an impression lol. Endymion smells great, but it's an edc and only lasts an hour or two.

kimo

Jan 4, 2012
I am not a fan of reflection since i don't like lavender. Royal Oud +1, it is unique