Code of Conduct

Default Projection/longevity issue due to DRY SKIN...

Hi Guys,

I suffer from dry skin, hence only a handful of fragrances that I own tend to project/last for more than 2-3 hours max. Tried everything from moisturiser, more fragrance application etc, with poor results.

I find that on most days I have to re-apply. To remedy the problem I've purchased dozens of those mini atomizers which I carry around while at work/out and often re-apply 1-2 times throughout the day.

Out of my wardrobe (over 50 bottles), the only fragrances which seems to project/last are; Polo Modern Reserve and Rive Gauche and even with those I still carry a atomizer to re-apply.
    I recently acquired Fleur du Male and Pure Malt - both well known for their 'monster' silage/longevity and my skin soaked them up within a couple of hours!

Does anyone else have this issue and if so, what have you found to help/remedy the problem and what fragrances have you found particularly good on dry skin?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Default Re: Projection/longevity issue due to DRY SKIN...

I don't have the same issue but I know others with your problem and reapplying seems to work for them.

Same with me, I have really bad dry skin and dandruff, I often get called 'Frosty' 'Pingu' at work etc etc

I just re-apply.

If you can develop an appreciation for the "powerhouse" scents, they will give most people good longevity and projection no matter what your skin type.

I have very dry skin too and my skin tends to eat perfume.

One way to extend a frag is to spray the shirt - fabric keeps perfume for much longer. I wear suits and spray the armpits of my shirt. I also keep scented strip in my breast pocket - they send a nice whiff when you move (that's as close as we can get to the women's trick of putting a cotton ball in the cleavage).

As for what lasts long on me, in general I'd say big leathers (eg Bandit, Knize Ten, Onda, and especially Rien), some musks (Muscs Koublai Khan, APLS), iimmortelle (Sables, 1740), and some ouds, especially Montale. I can still smell them at night, and the shirt will keep the smell indefinitely. Parfums concentrations also tend to last a long time, but of course, parfums exist only for few frags, and are very expensive. Still, Cuir de Russie parfum is magnificent.

cacio

Also, if you apply perfume directly on top of and after applying lotion it really helps the longevity. Another tactic is to apply it under your shirt so the fabric picks up and retains some of the fragrance. It will add some longevity as well. Finally, remember your hair has oils in it so try to apply on top of your arms or perhaps on the back of your neck - or directly in your hair, especially if you haven't showered.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Jojoba?

Same here , my sugestion is tu try "dryer" frag. There are few of them ( like Terre , or Azzaro Visit ) which proj. great on me .

My sugestion :

Terre d'Hermes ( EDT )

Azzaro Visit

Fahrenheit ( and 32 )

Dolce PH

( have not found any solution to this problem ... )

I'd go with that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I have very dry skin too and my skin tends to eat perfume.

One way to extend a frag is to spray the shirt - fabric keeps perfume for much longer. I wear suits and spray the armpits of my shirt. I also keep scented strip in my breast pocket - they send a nice whiff when you move (that's as close as we can get to the women's trick of putting a cotton ball in the cleavage).

As for what lasts long on me, in general I'd say big leathers (eg Bandit, Knize Ten, Onda, and especially Rien), some musks (Muscs Koublai Khan, APLS), iimmortelle (Sables, 1740), and some ouds, especially Montale. I can still smell them at night, and the shirt will keep the smell indefinitely. Parfums concentrations also tend to last a long time, but of course, parfums exist only for few frags, and are very expensive. Still, Cuir de Russie parfum is magnificent.

cacio

easy way ---> Switch to frags from Montale, Slumberhouse, Nasomatto's, Malle (Musc ravageur / carnal flower / POAL), by Kilian, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Amouage (Epic or Interlude), Andy Tauer etc...

use some vasaline or A&D on the areas where you spray your fume or spray it on your clothes and see if that improves the longevity.